Thread: SEE/ESFp and ILI/INTp Duality? (Aggressor-Victim)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Te Sx-Sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Man, I read the above and all I could think of is “Gloom and Doom, guy, gloom and doom.”

One of my very best friends since jr high school is an ILI, and he’d get into these dark moods where he sounded exactly like that. He is an incredibly smart guy, tall, thin, good looking, worked in a university and retired at age 45 because he’d invested well, owns a beautiful house that he works on because his father is a carpenter, and he’s never been married, despite having had a number of female liaisons. I wish we had known about Socionics in high school.

In HS, I had a female chemistry lab partner who was really nice, had a body to die for, acted like a popular airhead and was actually very, very smart but hid that from people. I could tell she was way smarter than most people in a very smart school because, well, we were lab partners and you work with a person and you know them. I really got along well with her but didn’t lust after her; I just thought she was smart and easy to talk to, but my ILI friend found out I knew her and was like, Oh My God What Is She Like She’s A Goddess and I’m like No, dude, she’s a great person but why is she smart and acting like an airhead? I didn’t think to introduce them because they seemed like Night and Day to me, and he didn’t explicitly ask; he just lusted for her from the shadows. Looking back, it is obvious that she was SEE. She and I had a lot of fun in that lab and we liked each other without feeling like it had to get romantic. Classic Activity relationship.

I really regret that they didn’t get together. Years later, he told me that she was the only woman he’d ever really cared about, and she just disappeared after HS. He had a string of women after that. Some had great bodies, some were kind of slutty (extroverted and sexy but no finesse, like SEE’s have), and one woman moved in with him for a while and moved out just as suddenly. He really should have just said something to that SEE. She was cool, she’d have talked to him. And, of course, if you talk to a dual IRL for two hours, dualization begins.

Haha sorry I don't mean to be that negative.
    I personally think Ni can be really debilitating if you don't stop it. I would really give anything to have someone that could personally pull me out of it, but at the same time I can't help but think something like that is too good to be true, as if it would never match expectations.

One of the first times I went on a date I wanted to impress this (I'm guessing ESI) girl and went off-roading in my Jeep during lunch break in HS. I ended up getting stuck and she walked back to school (a 20 minute walk) while I got it unstuck (took several hours). After that I just couldn't talk to her again even though I still liked her. The worst part is for the next year and a half she would sneak up on me and scare me any chance she got (she was somehow extremely good at this, on top of being an office helper so she was everywhere) and then quickly dart away before I get unfazed. Before I thought she was making fun of me, but after a bit I realized she wouldn't have bothered if it was like that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Haha sorry I don't mean to be that negative.
    I personally think Ni can be really debilitating if you don't stop it. I would really give anything to have someone that could personally pull me out of it, but at the same time I can't help but think something like that is too good to be true, as if it would never match expectations.

One of the first times I went on a date I wanted to impress this (I'm guessing ESI) girl and went off-roading in my Jeep during lunch break in HS. I ended up getting stuck and she walked back to school (a 20 minute walk) while I got it unstuck (took several hours). After that I just couldn't talk to her again even though I still liked her. The worst part is for the next year and a half she would sneak up on me and scare me any chance she got (she was somehow extremely good at this, on top of being an office helper so she was everywhere) and then quickly dart away before I get unfazed. Before I thought she was making fun of me, but after a bit I realized she wouldn't have bothered if it was like that.
    Yeah, she liked you.

That’s a pretty funny story. I could easily see that happening to my ILI buddy.

Incidentally, the male ILI whom I mentioned in the post above also owned a Jeep in high school. He fixed it up with speakers and it got stolen. Then he got and restored an independent Shelby Cobra.

I’ve dated a female IEI who owns a gold Jeep. Must be something about that Ni seeking Se there.