Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
A lot of the "ILI profiles" say that their goal can be summarized with the idea that if you act upon anything you should already know of its future success, and I think that is what I hate about searching for something when you don't know where to find it. On top of that Stratiyevskaya said "ILI has litte with which he can attract an SEE besides proving himself to be a more cunning and clever partner" and I was thinking this before I read it. Honestly all I have seems to be more abstract, and it seems really ephemeral. Why would they be interested?
The obvious answer is that you clearly possess the things they are painfully aware they lack. As I say, provided a type is not traumatized somehow, it's only natural they'd "home in" on their dual.

Also (if you're an ILI), I'd say that you'd rather act once the probability of success is damned good if we regard the cost/benefit of taking that ultimate risk we like to call an action. For instance, a coin flip risking a quarter for a dollar? Hell, flip it until you hit a losing streak than back out, because that deal's sweet but never forget that things that sound too good to be true in one form or another often are, but it ain't like we're facing a demon in that example or anything like that so it is still worth the shot. Damned game's gotta be rigged but if this fucker isn't making me sign anything and it's literally just coin flips then hey, why the fuck not.

Context and scale matters folks. A given question has many permutations to the imaginative, infinite variables. "Total certainty" is a lie only fools chase. Be the guy who only takes coin flips if the consequences are minimal, bet big on 95 percent odds, but be willing to risk it all if that mere 5 percent chance is World Peace while the other 95 percent is yet one more war in some wartorn shithole part of the world. I hope I'm making some kind of sense here...