Thread: SEE/ESFp and ILI/INTp Duality? (Aggressor-Victim)

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @End I can see how that would be a point for duality. Also, I usually know or think I know what I'm talking about, I just want factual info to back it up but lack the drive to actually go and look it up. That, or I have a general understanding and feel it's tedious to read up on the details of it.

Interesting, really. I can see how parts that previously sounded outlandish in ILI-SEE duality actually would have a real life application now, lol
    I think that might be an aspect of . It has been described by many as, in one respect, the ability to arrive at the correct answer to a question before comprehending how one did so. For example, to perceive of and grasp the concept of "3" before one grasped the concept of "2" as it were.

The "tedious to read up on details" is also a thing I know from life experience, but it's of a different nature. I have things I know, studies I've read, statistics gathered in the most comprehensive and thorough of ways... but I can't exactly tell you "when" I acquired that knowledge nor exactly "where" I did. Yet it almost always ends up being verified as true and legit by the people I present it to when they, for some reason, look into it in detail.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    I have things I know, studies I've read, statistics gathered in the most comprehensive and thorough of ways... but I can't exactly tell you "when" I acquired that knowledge nor exactly "where" I did. Yet it almost always ends up being verified as true and legit by the people I present it to when they, for some reason, look into it in detail.
    I suppose this is some kind of Se/Ni interplay. I experience the same thing, although usually not because of things I've researched, rather details about people and particular ways to do things that I simply know are true, and accept as fact. Once I deem information useful it gets learned and absorbed by my brain for continuous later use. Of course, everyone can relate to this since we all have memory retention in varying degrees, but it strikes me as particularly Se/Ni.

Related to this is the way (or rather the time) I start utilising my knowledge. When I start learning something, it feels like my mind is a blank slate -- or rather, a better way to put it would be an empty container that needs to be filled with knowledge. Until it's completely filled up, I never feel confident or able to call upon the particular details of what I've learned, it all feels really vague and like I haven't learned anything at all. But the moment the container fills up completely, and usually that's when I need to actually act upon what I know, it feels like someone just spilled all of its contents into my brain and suddenly I can act with confidence. I wonder if you can relate to this, lol. I'm not even sure I explained it well. It's very odd -- I felt this way about typology; I spent a very long time just absorbing information and feeling incompetent to make conclusions from it until one day I simply was able to.