Thread: Can you detect when you're around your dual?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. One time I went grocery shopping. I took the metro. On my return trip I walked and sat right down next to an LSE who kept looking at me and smiling. I smiled back a tiny one but she persisted to stare and smile. Still I was too shy to spark a meaningful conversation and I could have exchanged phone numbers and we would have become friends.

In class there was an LSE who sat next to me and an SLI. I welcomed him to join our group. He did and we're kind of acquaintances now.

I don't know why LSE smile at me. Is it because I'm tiny? I'm not good looking. I just have a quiet Ness about me. I think that they want someone reserved and kind of give that off especially when I wear the sun dresses.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't know why LSE smile at me. Is it because I'm tiny? I'm not good looking. I just have a quiet Ness about me. I think that they want someone reserved and kind of give that off especially when I wear the sun dresses.
    You have nice cleavage, which will make any man smile. That you only notice this with LSEs, just means you have selective focus.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. One time I went grocery shopping. I took the metro. On my return trip I walked and sat right down next to an LSE who kept looking at me and smiling. I smiled back a tiny one but she persisted to stare and smile. Still I was too shy to spark a meaningful conversation and I could have exchanged phone numbers and we would have become friends.

You sound adorable. You also pay attention to your surrounds more so than I. I never notice people around me in public, don't much care. I'm quit an odd one too, dress, behavior and the lot. That oddness might be what grabs the SLEs initial attention.
    IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weirdleftovers View Post
    You sound adorable. You also pay attention to your surrounds more so than I. I never notice people around me in public, don't much care. I'm quit an odd one too, dress, behavior and the lot. That oddness might be what grabs the SLEs initial attention.
    Yes. I've noticed the same with other IEI friends. As for me, I do love people and I'm often full of attention for them.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-9-5, sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I've noticed the same with other IEI friends. As for me, I do love people and I'm often full of attention for them.
    I'm around an EII several days a week and she's so friendly, kind and sweet. I admire those qualities about the EIIs I've known. I'm no good with small talk, so seeing how she navigates the social world is fascinating.
    IEI-Ni, DCNH-H, 4w5-9w1-5w4, sx/sp, Aquarius sun, Leo rising
    "From their lives, and not least from their greatest fault--their inability to communicate--we may understand one of the greatest errors of our civilization, that is, the superstitious belief in verbal statements, the boundless overestimation of instruction by means of words and methods."--C.G. Jung on the introverted irrational types