Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
Then you refuse Jung's typology and hence existence of its types.
You can't to have attention at the same time on both thinking and feeling, sensory and intuition. And something will prevail in consciousness. Similarly as people have right and left hands developed differently. As anyone you have the type and hence some your "preferences inhibit others". When you know your type you may notice intertype relations effects - this will clearly proove that you have the type.
@Sol You present a tough issue to explain, if I understand you correctly. I'm not refuting the classifications on which Socionics is based. I'm proposing alternate underlying mechanics based on well-known control system theory and sources of processor limitations. I do not think there is, for example, an Se processor that overrides a Ne processor. Input and output processes are not mixed and matched, they evolve in pairs with fixed limitations. One set of limitations cannot be swapped out for another set. When needed, an alternate process pair with a dual-like configuration can be put online but since the primary pair remains in control, any results from this secondary are reassessed by the primary, which distorts information. However, while the alternate is online, dual-like behaviours emerge. Reaching into an area to which I haven't given a lot of thought, an INTj can put ESFj-like processes online but the results from this alternate foray is objectively dissected. INTj processes distort secondary results and perhaps give, for example, the appearance of ISFj thinking.

a.k.a. I/O