Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @thehotelambush The way one acquires, maps and moves raw data is fundamental and is the only true function aspects. Without information control structure, there would be no type, and structure has characteristics that influence type development. Socionics classification bins seem to be for filters. Filtering is a component (an add-on) so to group based on preferences is like putting the cart before the horse - especially when one is trying to define a system model.

a.k.a. I/O
    I'm not really sure what the heck you're talking about. What is a "socionics classification bin"? Or a "filter", in terms of the socionic model? How are benefit rings "based on preferences" but temperaments not?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ............ What is a "socionics classification bin"? Or a "filter", in terms of the socionic model? How are benefit rings "based on preferences" but temperaments not?
    I should be less cryptic; being LII is no excuse. A proposed independent variable to which a bunch of observations are attached in the attempt to find some root correlation (to behaviour?) is what I call a classification bin (statisticians and psychologists have better words). A filter is a way of disregarding or accepting certain types of information or processes (resulting in F or T and S or N, which I call preferences). I question any model that uses Jung's observations as the starting point or basis for a system although the observations and classifications of behaviour by him are valid and can be used to verify a system. I think both Augusta and M-B used Jung as the starting point but failed to find (look for?) a system. Instead, patchwork was done. I was pushing further on your statement of "part of Jung and Augusta's thinking". I can now see how I lost you so I should stop here; I would need to produce another article for which I have little energy at the moment. I did not imply anything about rings?

a.k.a. I/O