Thread: Donald Trump as next president

Hybrid View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yesterday someone of Fox News described Trump as the lone person, in the crowd, pointing out that the emperor has no clothes.

Of course he is. It is one of his diversion tactics. He is the court jester pointing out the emperor has no clothes to divert attention away from his own nakedness. That is pretty obvious.

When that doesn't work he just throws a tantrum.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This could be the future with Trump. He has drawn a line in the sand, sts, way before this and he is running his mouth again before the evidence is even sorted. Seems he sees himself as a bit of a psychic, visionary, and tough guy.

I hope I am wrong.

50 dead in nightclub, worst mass shooting in U.S. history

ORLANDO — The heavily armed assailant who opened fire in a packed nightclub early Sunday, killing 50 people in the deadliest shooting spree in U.S. history, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State before he was killed in a hail of gunfire, authorities said.

Federal authorities identified the shooter as Omar Mateen, 29, a New York-born resident of St. Lucie, Fla., who worked for the security firm G4S.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said another 53 people were wounded at Pulse Orlando, a gay club just south of downtown.

"Tonight our community witnessed a horrific crime... that will have a lasting effect on our community," a solemn Dyer said, later adding that “we will not be defined by a hateful shooter. We will be defined by how we love each other.”

President Obama called the massacre "an attack of terror and an attack of hate."
    Trump gets self-congratulatory after Orlando mass shooting

Sunday morning's shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando is now the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, killing 50 people and injuring another 53.
    Donald Trump's response to the tragedy was initially to express sorrow at the incident, but he later attacked Hillary Clinton over her first general election ad, congratulated himself for warning the American public about Islamic extremism, and had an aide go on television and describe Mitt Romney as a "coward."
    On Twitter, Trump initially posted a brief message about the "really bad shooting" that left "many people dead and wounded" at around 8 a.m. Sunday. About 90 minutes later, he followed it up with this tweet responding to Clinton's new ad:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...mass-shooting/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This could be the future with Trump. He has drawn a line in the sand, sts, way before this and he is running his mouth again before the evidence is even sorted.
    george w. lacked empathy too... he just was better at not revealing how much empathy he lacked so often. donald trump is doing the thing some dominants tend to do, imo, which is blurting out every thought as it arises (and sometimes every opinion it connects to mentally: role)... i kind of feel like you have to wait for the "final" yet still changeable answer for a bit... also i think trump would be kind of a puppet to his advisers as george w. was. but it's more important to him to be the one in control, so it might be a more unstable dynamic. i think he relies on discussion to fully form a strategy.

the twitter stuff is all rather embarrassing...

Seems he sees himself as a bit of a psychic, visionary, and tough guy.

I hope I am wrong.
    i think he *does* see himself this way... at least the visionary and tough guy part. i haven't seen enough of him to have noticed any self-perceived psychic-ness. i do think he feels in touch with something "deeper" and "more spiritual" and probably that it's rather delusional.

--

ps: i think my "argument" so far in this thread is that i don't understand why things are blown up so big when it comes to trump. i mean my mind immediately jumps to the worst case scenarios for him too, but i don't feel those instincts are really hitting on what would be (just on my own fears)... rather than trying to compare trump to a figure like hitl3r, why not compare him to one like george w. bush? i think he's much closer to the latter than the former. although he would be worse by some margin and in some ways (he would actually probably be better than george w. in certain other ways). he is more dangerous and unpredictable than george w. but for some reason i feel slightly less afraid of him than i did of george w. in terms of how "evil" he is. however, i really don't want him doing anything with the economy i've decided as i don't see any reason to think he doesn't just want to further secure the wealthy (free them of tax burdens and widen the gap between them and everyone else). he is too greedy.

(of course, i don't understand economics, which is a bit of an issue for me.)
    Last edited by marooned; 06-13-2016 at 07:20 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    george w. lacked empathy too... he just was better at not revealing how much empathy he lacked so often. donald trump is doing the thing some dominants tend to do, imo, which is blurting out every thought as it arises (and sometimes every opinion it connects to mentally: role)... i kind of feel like you have to wait for the "final" yet still changeable answer for a bit... also i think trump would be kind of a puppet to his advisers as george w. was. but it's more important to him to be the one in control, so it might be a more unstable dynamic. i think he relies on discussion to fully form a strategy.

i think he *does* see himself this way... at least the visionary and tough guy part. i haven't seen enough of him to have noticed any self-perceived psychic-ness. i do think he feels in touch with something "deeper" and "more spiritual" and probably that it's rather delusional.
    You're talking about sympathy. He may have empathy for just the American people. Doesn't mean he lacks empathy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You're talking about sympathy. He may have empathy for just the American people. Doesn't mean he lacks empathy
    regardless of the word used, i think both trump and george w. bush lack concern for the plight of the average american. they are both far too wealthy to understand (and apparently make little effort to understand--far too self-involved). their abilities to feel for others (empathy) are, imo, both below average/poor. i would say that it's sympathy *and* empathy (not one or the other) that they both lack.

people who can ruthlessly plow over others in business usually aren't very concerned with how these things impact individual people... they defend their lack by blaming "the weak" for not doing something to better their circumstances because this is america, land of the free, and they grew up wealthy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post

--

ps: i think my "argument" so far in this thread is that i don't understand why things are blown up so big when it comes to trump. i mean my mind immediately jumps to the worst case scenarios for him too, but i don't feel those instincts are really hitting on what would be (just on my own fears)... rather than trying to compare trump to a figure like hitl3r, why not compare him to one like george w. bush? i think he's much closer to the latter than the former. although he would be worse by some margin and in some ways (he would actually probably be better than george w. in certain other ways). he is more dangerous and unpredictable than george w. but for some reason i feel slightly less afraid of him than i did of george w. in terms of how "evil" he is. however, i really don't want him doing anything with the economy i've decided as i don't see any reason to think he doesn't just want to further secure the wealthy (free them of tax burdens and widen the gap between them and everyone else). he is too greedy.

(of course, i don't understand economics, which is a bit of an issue for me.)
    I don't think he is the next ****** or even has the potential to be. The video I had posted was thought provoking for me and symbolic of deeper things than what the creator may have intended. ****** was more intelligent imo and was able to mobilize a whole country. I can't see Trump having that level of influence, not to mention the world is a much different place now. It is messier and more chaotic which is not surprising. People have access to information that just wasn't available to the common man back then. More opportunities for people to think outside the box, for themselves and yes, form some really dangerous ideas. I don't know what the solution is but I "know" that if the path leads to Trump living in America is not going to be so great. I was not born in this country but I love it for it's diversity and freedom. I was taught to appreciate that we were allowed to become permanent residents here. My mom remembers what it was like for her living elsewhere. I do not. I was too young.

I am not exactly afraid for myself or my family. I know we will be fine regardless, unless there is a war on American soil which would change everything but I don't automatically view such things having high probability in my lifetime. I feel pretty objective when giving my opinion, because I have been following this for awhile, and in either scenario I do not see my life or the lives of my family members changing drastically. My posts may sound like I lack objectivity but I do have some. I have strong impressions of what the most likely outcomes will be, when it comes to either of them. My values lean toward what is best for humanity and our planet. Sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils in order to shape the future. I do not think any of the candidates are evil people. They are clearly just human with all their faults and weaknesses.I don't believe in the concrete idea of good and evil though.

YWIMW

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he is the next ****** or even has the potential to be. The video I had posted was thought provoking for me and symbolic of deeper things than what the creator may have intended. ****** was more intelligent imo and was able to mobilize a whole country. I can't see Trump having that level of influence, not to mention the world is a much different place now. It is messier and more chaotic which is not surprising. People have access to information that just wasn't available to the common man back then. More opportunities for people to think outside the box, for themselves and yes, form some really dangerous ideas. I don't know what the solution is but I "know" that if the path leads to Trump living in America is not going to be so great. I was not born in this country but I love it for it's diversity and freedom. I was taught to appreciate that we were allowed to become permanent residents here. My mom remembers what it was like for her living elsewhere. I do not. I was too young.

I am not exactly afraid for myself or my family. I know we will be fine regardless, unless there is a war on American soil which would change everything but I don't automatically view such things having high probability in my lifetime. I feel pretty objective when giving my opinion, because I have been following this for awhile, and in either scenario I do not see my life or the lives of my family members changing drastically. My posts may sound like I lack objectivity but I do have some. I have strong impressions of what the most likely outcomes will be, when it comes to either of them. My values lean toward what is best for humanity and our planet. Sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils in order to shape the future. I do not think any of the candidates are evil people. They are clearly just human with all their faults and weaknesses.I don't believe in the concrete idea of good and evil though.
    I think he does have the potential to be the next Hit*ler, and the reason is that Hit*ler did not act alone, and the changes ushered in by the Nazis did not happen overnight. Hit*ler rose as a figurehead and reflected and capitalized on trends already present -- eugenics extremism, anti-semitism, a disunified "country" made up of various former kingdoms with strongly differing regional values, economic problems in the middle and working classes, etc. The United States is full of upset, irrational people who have watched their dreams fade away. Many Middle American towns have almost no remaining economic vitality. The cities are mostly unaffordable. The middle class has been gradually gutted. When enough people feel like they don't have much to lose, they'll certainly look for scapegoats and give the nod to extreme measures. Do I expect an exact replay of Nazi-era Germany? No, this is a different time and place. But do I think things can get very, very bad here? Yep.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willyum Take4 View Post
    Aylen baby, I don't dare argue that Donald does not lie. Anybody sensible can see he lies too lol.

The difference is, even when Donald is 'wearing no clothes', he's still worth billions and billions of dollars lmao.
    Hmm, I do not want to see him win but whatever, the world will keep spinning.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I do not want to see him win but whatever, the world will keep spinning.

The trouble is it might not. Civilizations crumble under bad leadership. Yes it is that bleak.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    The trouble is it might not. Civilizations crumble under bad leadership. Yes it is that bleak.
    I have already said as much to anyone who would listen and given reasons why he cannot possibly fulfil most of his promises, if any. Perhaps he can loan Mexico the money to pay for the wall that will not even be completed by the end of his term. It would be a huge waste of money when it gets torn right back down. It is also an invitation for terrorists or the cartels to blow it up. Does that even cross the minds of his supporters?

His temper tantrums and lack of knowledge on foreign policy in today's world is a recipe for disaster. He is mocked and ridiculed all over the world. Not just here. His lack of self control and peacocking is not a joke to the whole world though. There are people out there who are taking him very seriously. Not because they fear him, it is because he has insulted people to their very core. They won't just forget what he has said or laugh it off. I think it will be a close race but Hillary will win. I have let go of actively wanting her to win, now I am trusting that what happens is meant to be and we will deal with it when it happens. I have to remain hopeful that others come to their senses by election day.

People who love him don't care about any of the real issues that are at stake because life has become a reality show and they want to "win". I am sure many of them don't realize that they probably are not going to like their prize, yet they still find him entertaining. They don't realize that there are other world leaders who will not take it lightly if Trump pulls his "you're fired" schtick on them using twitter. ISIS does not fear him but I bet they have some plans, in place, in the event he is elected. I am reminded of 9/11, Bush and how he ended up doing more harm than good.

His only experience is in business but he does not have real diplomatic skills, even if he can temporarily make people like or support him, surfacely. I imagine many of his own party are still seriously offended by him. Congress is not going to give him free reign. I don't think he believes it. I think he is being coached on what to say now because he has toned it down to win some support but that is not going to last. I just want to watch the debates with Hillary and see if people change their minds after. If not I am almost of the mind that they get what they deserve. Sounds harsh but...

Thing is, I know less about politics than the average person and I figured this out. I am hopeful others will too.
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-15-2016 at 06:08 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already said as much to anyone who would listen and given reasons why he cannot possibly fulfil most of his promises, if any. Perhaps he can loan Mexico the money to pay for the wall that will not even be completed by the end of his term. It would be a huge waste of money when it gets torn right back down. It is also an invitation for terrorists or the cartels to blow it up. Does that even cross the minds of his supporters?

His temper tantrums and lack of knowledge on foreign policy in today's world is a recipe for disaster. He is mocked and ridiculed all over the world. Not just here. His lack of self control and peacocking is not a joke to the whole world though. There are people out there who are taking him very seriously. Not because they fear him, it is because he has insulted people to their very core. They won't just forget what he has said or laugh it off. I think it will be a close race but Hillary will win. I have let go of actively wanting her to win, now I am trusting that what happens is meant to be and we will deal with it when it happens. I have to remain hopeful that others come to their senses by election day.

People who love him don't care about any of the real issues that are at stake because life has become a reality show and they want to "win". I am sure many of them don't realize that they probably are not going to like their prize, yet they still find him entertaining. They don't realize that there are other world leaders who will not take it lightly if Trump pulls his "you're fired" schtick on them using twitter. ISIS does not fear him but I bet they have some plans, in place, in the event he is elected. I am reminded of 9/11, Bush and how he ended up doing more harm than good.

His only experience is in business but he does not have real diplomatic skills, even if he can temporarily make people like or support him, surfacely. I imagine many of his own party are still seriously offended by him. Congress is not going to give him free reign. I don't think he believes it. I think he is being coached on what to say now because he has toned it down to win some support but that is not going to last. I just want to watch the debates with Hillary and see if people change their minds after. If not I am almost of the mind that they get what they deserve. Sounds harsh but...

Thing is, I know less about politics than the average person and I figured this out. I am hopeful others will too.
    You pretty much summed it all up right there I have nothing to add.

That's why Im eating a bowl of popcorn. My NT uncle thinks america is headed towards another civil war in a couple generations.

TIM
    α-ω
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    You pretty much summed it all up right there I have nothing to add.

That's why Im eating a bowl of popcorn. My NT uncle thinks america is headed towards another civil war in a couple generations.
    Yeah, and he'll speed that process up!
    "The spirit of resistance to government
    is so valuable on certain occasions,
    that I wish it to be always kept alive.
    It will often be exercised when wrong
    but better so than not to be exercised at all.
    I like a little rebellion now and then.
    It is like a storm in the atmosphere."
    Thomas Jefferson