Hybrid View

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing about Trump is that he was actually the least horrifying candidate among the Republican offerings. Cruz especially was a war-mongering Dominionist. Kasich has the appearance of being reasonable due to his milquetoast manners, but if he had his way, would have set the women's rights movement back about fifty years. Rubio was not much better, and his tax plan would likely have caused this country to implode. Then we had loons like Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina. Trump looks reasonable by comparison.

President Trump will be stymied by the Republican majority Congress, ironically just as Obama was. The establishment Republicans hate him. The Tea Party contingent (at least, those who are paying attention) view him askance as a stealth social liberal (which he essentially is). The people who support him are in for a rude awakening when they see just how hemmed-in the Executive branch of our government is (by design), and just how disingenuous his pandering this election season was. "Make America Great Again" will be the next "Yes We Can!"

The only thing I'm worried about with Trump is that he has emboldened some of the most hateful, most racist, most ill-educated people in this country. God knows what it will be like to be gay, or Muslim, or black in this country if those people feel like they've usurped the government. I am more afraid of the people who support Donald Trump than I am Donald Trump.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about with Trump is that he has emboldened some of the most hateful, most racist, most ill-educated people in this country. God knows what it will be like to be gay, or Muslim, or black in this country if those people feel like they've usurped the government. I am more afraid of the people who support Donald Trump than I am Donald Trump.
    Agreed, and a lot of damage is already done.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    This right here is my serious concern about Trump as president. I think its extremely concerning, and should not be downplayed. He will give fascism a voice and power, regardless of his own beliefs. He already has.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx