Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
Also @Adam Strange I think that “third person objective” is the definition of being Ep. Impressive to my Ni-seeking of course that you were able to pull that succinctly together from my lengthy description there.

Unlike the stereotypical, caricatured image of an Se leading type I actually spend a lot of time reflecting; always have. I do think I do it more than is common for real Se leads too, but I’m also certain there are many Se leads who are also closer to me than they are to the exaggerated stereotypes as well.
@sbbds, I‘ve been revisiting The Maltese Falcon, by Dashiel Hammett recently. It is written in third person objective, and the description of Sam Spade in the first few pages, where the cigarette ashes are swirling around the top of his desk, is the embodiment of how I infer an SLE sees the world.

Hammett was obviously an SLE; a genius at clearly seeing what is there and drawing careful, rational conclusions from the evidence. He basically invented the entire genre of hard-boiled detective fiction, writing scenes and generating tropes that no one had ever written before. And he did it best.