Hybrid View

TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Not terribly far off I guess. You're right that he is decisive and challenges people by asking probing questions until he gets the answer he wants. However I would say he is more interested in understanding people's internal motivations rather than in the quantifiable reality. I type him as EIE.
    Oh how interesting. My typing of him used to be that, and I don't entirely discount that possibility. To counterbalance, for example, the above TeNi group, here we have a few FeNi:

They have a similarly "hard" and unyielding look created by Ni in a subordinate role to Je (JeNi). They're all similarly exacting, rigid and calculated.

But I get what you mean about having a more interpersonal motivation in the use of Je. I reasoned that this comes from a balance between Te and Fi, but the closer I look at his videos now, the more I'm not sure again. His outward expressions could emerge from Fe or Te, hence defaulting to "Je" in the cue breakdown...

Drat, way to prove a point -- if the sample I analyze gets corrected on the spot. I'll need to keep him at JeNi until I find a younger interview of him, where his sags aren't interfering with his mouth, as this obstructs Fi-vs-Ti tension.

edit: ohhhkay. this is embarrassing and not at all what i'd expect to happen in this thread, but you're actually right. I see the FeNi signals more clearly in his earlier videos. Such as:

Skipping the intro bit:

2:01 + Rigid/Contained Body (J)
    2:01 - Accentuated Nod (Je)
    2:01 - Ni Scowling (JeNi 'manic scowl')
    2:04 - Accentuated Nod (Je)
    2:06 - Accentuation + Warm Swelling (Fe)
    2:09 - Accentuation + Warm Swelling (Fe)
    2:13 - Accentuated Gesture (Je)
    skipping ahead to where we see him again
    4:01 - Accentuation + Warm Swelling (Fe)
    4:02 - Accentuation + Warm Swelling (Fe)
    4:05 + Rigid Body (J)
    4:07 - Accentuated Gestures (Je)

His gestures lack the following Te qualities:

- Te Snippiness
    - - Te fast acceleration + steady plateau
    - - Te dismissiveness
    - Fi accidental snarling
    - Fi asymmetrical expressions

I think what threw me off was a mixture of his level of dispassion (he's not as animated/directive/charismatic as Fe usually is) and his facial anatomy seemed to indicate Fi tension but it was really just his old age. when younger he doesn't have that look.

<-- very Beta look

Either way, err, just to clarify that I'm not making this up... or shifting positions to fit the thread, these signals are actually outlined on the website, such as the Fe Warm Swelling ( http://cognitivetype.com/wp-content/.../04/fe_003.png ) and Te's snippiness. So it was moreso a practitioner error.

I can give it another go at someone else, too.
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-10-2016 at 06:11 PM.