TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    ok, try Charlie Rose then.
    Ah, he's someone I've looked at in the past.

Charlie Rose fits into a wider panorama of news anchors/politicians with a similar tendency and disposition. Among them are:

Bill O'Reily

Tim Russert

Donald Trump

First, I should say that despite how mean they look, this correlation isn't about emotional disposition. These four have very different personal beliefs and political attitudes -- but all have a multitude of parallels. In each we find a very straightforward, "to-the-point" communication style, a logistical way of thinking (Te), a sincere [nevermind how its received] expressivity and an understanding of economics, world affairs and global systems.

The same could be said of many TeSi and SiTe politicians too, and indeed there is crossover. I believe the above four are TeNi types. O'Reily and Trump are what I refer to as "fervent eccentrics". These are TeNi with brash Te which is less apologetic and is unafraid to run over other people for the preservation of their logistical agenda. Their Ni gives them a linearity of perspective, and a certain convergence of ideas; a narrowing of worldview.

The other two (Charlie Rose and Tim Russert) are what I call "balanced" Judgment types. In the posture of all these four, we find the qualities of rigidity, a contained posture and accentuated motions. But Tim and Charlie are more mellowed out in this respect. They could almost pass for Ji-lead types. They ask interviews with a lot of questions, are receptive to a dialogue, etc. But they still remain decisive and often aim to get their interviewers to delineate the position they stand on and to state it clearly.

As seen below:

Ironically it's really hard to get an interview where Charlie talks about himself, as he's the one always doing the interviewing. But for example, we have:

0:02 + Contained body posture (J)
    0:06 - Accentuated Gesticulation (Je)
    0:11 - Accentuated Gesticulation (Je)
    0:12 - Eyes Disengage Down + Freezing (Ji)
    0:14 - Accentuated Gesticulation (Je)
    0:19 + Ni eyes (lowered top eyelid + raised eyebrows)
    0:21 - Accentuated Gesticulation (Je)
    0:25 - Head Jittering (Je)
    0:39 - Private Fi laughter
    0:41 - Accentuated Headnod

He hardly ever moves except when coming out deliberately to make a statement. His entire demeanor is governed by exacting emphasis of speech and his body (Je). Even when he asks questions, they are definitive and narrow questions - rather than imaginative or open-ended questions.

This informs us that he is directed by a sense of judgment - by the exercise of arriving at precise understandings and quantifying/delineating reality.
    Last edited by Sandoval; 05-10-2016 at 09:05 AM.