Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V.I. Me

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    Well shit, call me LIE. So you identify with movie villains?
    Yes, but they never win.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    Yes, but they never win.
    And you never win either.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    What are all the types you'd say would identity with movie villains?
    If we're talking which types identify with villains, then LIE's and ILI's.

If we're talking about which types are portrayed as movie villains, then it depends on what kind of movie it is.

If it's a shoot-em-up, then LIE, as in Hans Gruber in Die Hard. You thought he was insanely cruel, but he was just after the bonds.
    If it's a dark horror-show, then ILI, as in Walter White on Breaking Bad. You thought he was a socially destructive criminal who just wanted the money, but he really just wanted to help his family.

Of course, movies show this all turning out badly for these guys in the end. So keep going to your jobs, because the ruthless sociopaths never go on to win and become one-percenters in real life.

But any type can be recruited by a writer to be a villain. All you need is some sociopathy and psychopathy. Interestingly enough ENTj's and INTp's do pretty well on both scales.

http://worldofanentp.tumblr.com/post...hopathic-types

ENTj's and INTp's aren't tops in self-reported tests of sociopathy and psychopathy, but we were talking about which types are most commonly portrayed by writers as villains, not which type is craziest. To be a really scary villain, you need to actually have a plan and be able to carry it out. Types with only Poor Impulse Control can be scary, but not in a big-picture kind of way.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-16-2016 at 12:45 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, Darya.
    Thanks. I don't plan to.

Actually, I would if I could, since I actually don't want to be patronizing, but I just seem to be completely blind to my "patronizing" ways. Other forum members have said I am, so I believe it is probably true, but I just don't see it. Maybe it's part of a mental illness. Or maybe I'm just naturally an asshole. IDK.

Interestingly enough, the OP himself seemed to have no problem with my tone, and agreed with the content.
    if that's the case - that you're not aware of it, then that's kinda endearing.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious.

How would you LIEs describe your interaction with people, in general?

I'm a sort of ambivert in that matter. I tend to dislike big groups, but mainly in non-business related activities. It it so because they tend to form a sort of "hive mind" or even worse, a "hive heart" where I feel forced to become "one with them", something I'm never willing to do, both consciously and unconsciously. I do not resonate emotionally with the internal emotional atmosphere of a group. But I do not have too much trouble for interacting with many people in formal environments, like public speaking and similar.

In general, I would say I like (and even need) people more than I would like to admit. The problem is I usually feel "off-sync" with the average human. Most people tend to enjoy the small things of life that I go from non caring to actively disliking (well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit). I respect others who are like this as long as they respect me, but sometimes I wonder how it's possible that people could really be happy with only these things. Not that I cannot ejoy any of them, some (or many) I can, but they're far from feeling my internal needs of fullfillment.

They wake up, they eat, they interact, they talk about mundane things (I'm not trying to be actively offensive, just I do not know which word I should use here, maybe let's call these things trivialities), they go to bed... and the cycle repeats. I cannot live only with that (a happy life at least). I need... a goal, an objective or purpose for pursuing and achieving. When I lack this I feel extremely miserable.

As most people (that I know at least) are like this, I act with them, if not like a classical introvert, at least withdrawn. But with my close friends, those with whom I can share my goals, my visions, my real thoughts, I'm the opposite. I actively seek for the interaction, I initiate conversations... and usually dominate them, meaning being who speaks most of the time. There is a huge comparative difference between my "extroverted mode" and my best friend's version of his own, who is (imo) a quintessential Ij (calmed, controlled, stable rythm...). I can overwhelm others. For example, when I speak, I tend to do it in a quick speed (the quicker the more I'm interested in the topic, usually without even noticing) and sometimes others complain about this because I end sharing share too many info in a small amount of time.

When I'm introduced to a new person, I act as an "introvert" or "extrovert" depending of the mental similarity I'm perceiving. At first I'm a bit guarded, but If i feel the other person will enjoy what I want to say, then I quickly behave like the friend case mode. But if I feel I have nothing in common, I tend to more or less being cordial but also avoid the interaction when possible. The problem with the last situation is that this is the most frequent case, most people belong to this category. And as I have to live with people who are (mainly) "mundanes", I have to force myself outside myself, to put on a sort of "nice normal guy" mask, to participate in conversations that I do not enjoy and speak about things I do not care a fucking shit.

This is extremely tiresome... exhausting, and even in some cases, even depression-inducing when I have to do it during extendend periods without being able to replenish my energies with "my true self". But the world is what it is and people are like they are, so I have no other alternative than to adapt. I guess this applies to any of us, of course.

P.S. The "normal nice guy" mask applies mainly when I'm in a sort of disadvantageous situation, surrounded by people who have other preferences and priorities and with all of us in a sort of equal level. But if I have the upper hand above them, I can end imposing my own self to their own, at least to some degree, if the difference between us is too big for being comfortably bearable.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 05-22-2016 at 08:31 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are literally making the same face in every photo and the only context is your written clues.

Like wooah watch out for clowny mode, don't want to get to crazy and let strangers see your face covered in sunglasses! They might know you are having fun or being wistful or sumthing.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Where do even people see LIE? If Te lead, LSE. Other than that, VIs as blatant SiTe. Sorry.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting a sort of LII <..........> SLI axis of evil scenario out of your VIs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    I'm getting a sort of LII <..........> SLI axis of evil scenario out of your VIs.
    I'm curious. Which one would be the axis of good?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Where do even people see LIE? If Te lead, LSE. Other than that, VIs as blatant SiTe. Sorry.
    I assume that the first part of your sentence is not based in V.I. What makes me so un-LIE? I'm curious.

Although still unsure, I found Adam's post quite interesting because it openened an option I always discarded. I've more frequenty seen myself as gamma NT than alpha NT but also rational>irrational. Never considered LIE as a serious option because... this type is always presented as a sort of übermensch (always successful, immune to life obstacles and difficulties and so on). He reminded me that LIEs still have weakness and are vulnerable. They're humans, after all...
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 05-22-2016 at 09:23 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI-Te 6w5 sp/so looks right.

6w5-8w9-3w2 to be exact.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 06-09-2016 at 04:43 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

They see it in his writings. VI apparently does not work in this case since OP is like everything SLI isn't. If I'm to believe what OP says about himself, his Si is so weak it's close to PoLR. Otherwise I could accept ILI-Te as well as LIE-Te.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

not Fe valuing

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    They see it in his writings. VI apparently does not work in this case since OP is like everything SLI isn't. If I'm to believe what OP says about himself, his Si is so weak it's close to PoLR. Otherwise I could accept ILI-Te as well as LIE-Te.
    The thread is called VI me.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    ILI-Te 6w5 sp/so looks right.

6w5-8w9-3w2 to be exact.
    Did you pull that enneagram typing out of your ass? If anything he looks alot like a withdrawn type. In particular 9 or 4.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The thread is called VI me.
    Yes and the conclusion seems to be VI does not work here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by msnobody View Post
    If anything he looks alot like a withdrawn type. In particular 9 or 4.
    That's odd. How would you reconcile such enneagrams with me being a logical type? As far as I know, L+E4 is virtually impossible (I've seen some people proposing E4w5 ILIs though).

L+E9 is possible, but still quite uncommon. I do not think I belong to such enneagram. They're too much conflict-avoidant, among other things.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    That's odd. How would you reconcile such enneagrams with me being a logical type? As far as I know, L+E4 is virtually impossible (I've seen some people proposing E4w5 ILIs though).

L+E9 is possible, but still quite uncommon. I do not think I belong to such enneagram. They're too much conflict-avoidant, among other things.
    Any enneatype/sociotype combination is possible imo. Enneagram does not say how good you are at logic or emotion.
    Why wouldn't L+E4 be possible?

An example of a logic 4 is David Fauvre.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any enneatype/sociotype combination is possible imo. Enneagram does not say how good you are at logic or emotion.
    Why wouldn't L+E4 be possible?

An example of a logic 4 is David Fauvre.
    I disagree. Well take the word "impossible" as "extremely unlikely" and so on. It's not being good or bad at logic or emotions per se, but your attititude towards your own logic an amotions. I mean I'm not saying anything like an E4 should be bad at Maths for example.

But an E4 tends to be attached to his own emotions and sunks deeper and deeper in them. Logic types (regardless how "emotional" or "good at emotions" could be) do not usually work in this way. They are more detached from their emotional states.

If you want, socionics-wise T functions are both external, whereas F functions are internal.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I disagree. Well take the word "impossible" as "extremely unlikely" and so on. It's not being good or bad at logic or emotions per se, but your attititude towards your own logic an amotions. I mean I'm not saying anything like an E4 should be bad at Maths for example.

But an E4 tends to be attached to his own emotions and sunks deeper and deeper in them. Logic types (regardless how "emotional" or "good at emotions" could be) do not usually work in this way. They are more detached from their emotional states.

If you want, socionics-wise T functions are both external, whereas F functions are internal.
    Idk which enneatypes are more common for what sociotypes but every combination is possible.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Idk which enneatypes are more common for what sociotypes but every combination is possible.
    Not really, some combinations would require a brain that's quite fallen apart due to really strong contradictions

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Not really, some combinations would require a brain that's quite fallen apart due to really strong contradictions
    Like what for example?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Like what for example?
    SLE 4
    EII 8
    ILI 2

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SLE 4
    EII 8
    ILI 2
    I dont see the contradictions.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be the only one, then.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must be the only one, then.
    I don't see any contradictions in: SLE 4; EII 8 and ILI 2 either.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm giving him temporary EIE license, until he'll make the video or stars will lead to other version.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    I don't see any contradictions in: SLE 4; EII 8 and ILI 2 either.
    Something is telling me that you're just playing Devil's advocate. Maybe it's the halo...

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is telling me that you're just playing Devil's advocate. Maybe it's the halo...
    I don't play Devil's Advocate; why would I? I really don't see any contradiction in those three TIMs and Enneatypes.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I'm giving him temporary EIE license, until he'll make the video or stars will lead to other version.
    English is not my mother tongue, making a decent video would cost too much effort and the result would probably be too deviated from my natural self.
    I guess I could do it in Spanish and add subtitles, but I do not have time for that at this moment.

Why EIE, by the way? Most people tend to think my Fe is unvalued or at least very weak. How do you reconcile this option with characteristics like my aversion to big groups of people? EIEs tend to feed from the masses (so to speak, particularly in the emotional aspect) whereas I feel natural resistance to such influences...

The closest thing to an EIE I could be would be something like this :

Doci.jpg
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 06-14-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play Devil's Advocate; why would I? I really don't see any contradiction in those three TIMs and Enneatypes.
    Isn't that a very IEE thing? Ne+Fi creative, trying to "poke" others for provoking responses and observe the reaction.

J/K. J/K?

I'm not in the mood for long debates, but the EII + E8 case is so obvious... these two types, although belonging to different typology systems, represent two people who are just radically opposite in thir core self. E8 (dominant, expansive) is for Se valuers or at least strong Se users (oversimplifying). EII is Se PoLR, which is aggavated by the fact of being ethical.

EII+E1 is plausible though, and if you've met an "EII E8", most likely it really was E1.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that a very IEE thing? Ne+Fi creative, trying to "poke" others for provoking responses and observe the reaction.

J/K. J/K?

I'm not in the mood for long debates, but the EII + E8 case is so obvious... these two types, although belonging to different typology systems, represent two people who are just radically opposite in thir core self. E8 (dominant, expansive) is for Se valuers or at least strong Se users (oversimplifying). EII is Se PoLR, which is aggavated by the fact of being ethical.

EII+E1 is plausible though, and if you've met an "EII E8", most likely it really was E1.
    I always thought it was a very human thing, since we are the most intelligent creatures on Earth. Curiosity is simply unstructured human intelligence in empiricism.

No; and no, I'm not kidding.

You must have never been on a Crusades before. EII E8 is very plausible if such an example were to think the cause was worthy enough.

Probably not, no.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must have never been on a Crusades before.
    I doubt you are centuries old... A metaphor, I know.

EII E8 is very plausible if such an example were to think the cause was worthy enough.
    No, it's not. "Emulating" the E8 behavior is not the same as being an E8. You are an E8 only if that is your natural state of being, which is never the case for an EII. You cannot say black is white just because the Sun shines very bright...

The most you can expect under external pressure is a sort of masked behavior. As I said, EIIs can be E1s, and certain types of E1s can be misunderstood as E8s. They're common enneatypes at the top of hierarchies, after all. cpE6 is also plausible. The typical "Crusader Knight" (historical or present) is an ESI E6, not an EII. An Se valuer, as expected.

If a person behaves naturally (not under certain temporal external pressure/circumstances) as an E8, there is no reason to think such person is an Se PoLR.

Occam's Razor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

English is not my mother tongue, making a decent video would cost too much effort
    You may make a 10 min video on your native language. The most important thing is your nonverbal behavior there. Subtitles are not necessary.

Most people tend to think my Fe is unvalued or at least very weak.
    I assume this by photos, what is not good info, so video may give other primary version.

How do you reconcile this option with characteristics like my aversion to big groups of people?
    Everything is possible as different factors may lead to this. Also type is a balance of traits, but not hard limitation.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt you are centuries old... A metaphor, I know.

No, it's not. "Emulating" the E8 behavior is not the same as being an E8. You are an E8 only if that is your natural state of being, which is never the case for an EII. You cannot say black is white just because the Sun shines very bright...

The most you can expect under external pressure is a sort of masked behavior. As I said, EIIs can be E1s, and certain types of E1s can be misunderstood as E8s. They're common enneatypes at the top of hierarchies, after all. cpE6 is also plausible. The typical "Crusader Knight" (historical or present) is an ESI E6, not an EII. An Se valuer, as expected.

If a person behaves naturally (not under certain temporal external pressure/circumstances) as an E8, there is no reason to think such person is an Se PoLR.

Occam's Razor.
    When was I ever speaking of history? You think a ninth Crusades can not occur? You are sorely mistaken.

Watch Band of Brothers then try saying that SLE E4 and EII E8 and ILI E2 are contradictory types. You will be sorely mistaken once again.

You try to speak of Crusading Knights yet have never been on a Crusades before. You therefore seem ignorant to me.

A person's PoLR can be 100% covered from practice in use and experience.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sp/Sx for you, I think. Not Sp/So or So/Sp. For your enneagram type, I'm not getting anything exact. How do you feel about 1w9 or 9w1 as a possibility? I could only really see 5/6 or 9/1 territories for you. Especially because you've always struck me as being quite thorough and rational. Maybe even too much so if it's stopping you from figuring out your type.

I see valued Te. I think your manner of dress and haircut give off a Delta impression, so whether that's a matter of a factor leading people astray or you unwittingly giving yourself away as Delta by the style and presentation you've gravitated toward, that's something for you to consider.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskey View Post
    Sp/Sx for you, I think. Not Sp/So or So/Sp. For your enneagram type, I'm not getting anything exact. How do you feel about 1w9 or 9w1 as a possibility? I could only really see 5/6 or 9/1 territories for you. Especially because you've always struck me as being quite thorough and rational. Maybe even too much so if it's stopping you from figuring out your type.

I see valued Te. I think your manner of dress and haircut give off a Delta impression, so whether that's a matter of a factor leading people astray or you unwittingly giving yourself away as Delta by the style and presentation you've gravitated toward, that's something for you to consider.
    Why sp/sx and not sp/so?

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sp/So is more solid, but the gaze is self-contained and not piercing, whereas in this case the gaze does pierce through and it's pretty apparent to me. There's something of a different undercurrent in contra flow types too. Bit more of a darker feel to them, even the So/Sp (especially compared to Sp/So, its blindspot sibling).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

How do you imagine an EII 8 for example, then?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

How do you imagine an EII 8 for example, then?
    You didn't ask me but the only way I see it working is in a tritype and it still would be weak in comparison to a core 8. I have never met a core EII 8, ILI 2 or SLE 4. Most likely it would be last in the tritype.

The Heart Centre – feeling

Type 2
    Type 2 is the type that over-expresses their emotions. They are generally extroverted, approaching others to pay attention to their feelings. They are known as The Givers or The Helpers. This is because they tend to focus on the needs and desires of others. They extremely value helping people and get pride from being caring and generous. Helpers feel that in this way they will be loved. A downside or blind spot that they have is that they can be manipulative or possessive of others. There’s also a chance that they forget their own needs and focus too much on others’ as they avoid being needy. In the course of their life, the type 2 can mimic qualities of type 1, 3, 4 and 8.

Type 3
    Type 3 is the type that is numb when it comes to emotions. They are completely out of touch with them. Action-oriented, they strive for success. They are hence known as The Performer or The Winner. Efficient and driven, they want to achieve their goals. They are self-assured and extremely ambitious. They feel that they need to produce and achieve something in order to be loved, sometimes deceiving themselves that they have made it in the world. A blind spot can be that they are narcissistic or hostile, thinking they are a real success. In the course of their life, type 3 can mimic qualities of type 2, 4, 6 and 9.

Type 4
    Type 4 is the type that under-expresses their emotions, keeping them inside themselves in order to analyse them, thus being withdrawn. They are known as The Individualist because they want to be different; they seek to be special. Another name is The Deep-sea Diver, because they look for meaning in their life, themselves and their emotions. They are intuitive and have a knack for creativity. They feel that they need to be unique to avoid being ignored. A blind spot is their envy that follows when others have found a better life than themselves. They can also appear sad or self-absorbed because of their sensitivity to emotions. In the course of their life, type 4 can mimic qualities of type 1, 2, 3 and 5.

The Head Centre – thinking

Type 5
    Type 5 is the type that under-expresses their thoughts, keeping them inside themselves until they are absolutely sure they’ve figured them out. Hence, they are a withdrawn type. Known as The Thinker, they’re constantly trying to figure out how the universe works using objective logic to avoid being in chaos. They also have another title: The Observer. This is because they are distant from the world, people and situations and are very perceptive and original. Their greed is to read, learn and analyse information. A blind spot is that they’re provocative and eccentric, living in an ivory tower. In the course of their life, type 5 can mimic qualities of type 4, 6, 7 and 8.

Type 6
    Type 6 is the type that is numb to ‘head centre thinking’; they have trouble seeing things in an objective manner. The Loyalist wants to be faithful, responsible, dutiful and dependable. If there’s someone you can count on and who will be there for you, it’s the 6. They yearn for certainty. A funny thing is that this can be manifested in two ways: being obedient and cautious (the so-called phobic 6) or being rebellious and a dare devil (the counterphobic 6). A blind spot of both types of sixes is that they can be quite sceptic, doubtful and paranoid. They’re actually afraid of being afraid! In the course of their life, type 6 can mimic qualities of type 3, 5, 7 and 9.

Type 7
    Type 7 is the type that over-expresses thinking. It’s not that they are extreme know-it-alls, far from it. Instead, they use their amazing (thinking!) ability to see exciting opportunities and fun activities to plan a pleasurable life, for all of us. No wonder that they are called The Enthusiasts; they feel that being happy and entertaining is the path to being liked. Happy-go-lucky to the top, they want to avoid experiencing life’s pains. Their strategy is to be spontaneous and feel accomplished. A blind spot of the sevens is that they can experience gluttony, being excessive and maniac. In the course of their lives, type sevens can mimic qualities of type 1, 5, 6 and 8.

The Gut Centre – acting

Type 8
    Type 8 is the type that over-expresses their acting. They want to be strong and make an impact on the world. Making sure everyone is living a good, right and proper life, they are very protective. A name for this type is –unsurprisingly- The Protector or The Leader. Indeed, they’re just right for leadership: self-confident and decisive, they are not afraid to act. Not just competent, they also love being in charge and in control. They might practise the sin of lust, taking everything they want as if they’re on top of the world. Another blind spot is that they can be aggressive, angry and combative. In the course of their life, type 8 can mimic qualities of type 2, 5, 7 and 9.

Type 9
    Type 9 is the type that is numb to the acting that’s so typical of the gut centre. They feel that they have to go with the flow instead. Because they see and understand what motivates others, they have no desire to rock against the boat. They are often called The Peacemaker or The Mediator. They aspire to be peaceful, calm, easygoing and content. You might know one of them, with their popular phrase “I don’t mind, it doesn’t bother me”. They are incredibly reassuring, appearing to live to go along with others instead of having their own opinions. A blind spot is that they might become lazy, procrastinating and neglectful. In the course of their life, type 9 can mimic qualities of type 1, 3, 6 and 8.

Type 1
    Type 1 is the type that under-expresses their acting, keeping their desired way of acting inside themselves, making an internal library of what is good and bad. Idealistic and perfectionistic in every way, they are called The Reformer or The Perfectionist. They know very well what they feel is the perfect, ethically right way to act. Typically, the ones are principled and orderly and want to improve themselves and others. When this doesn’t work, they tend to become angry, despite thinking that they absolutely shouldn’t. Another blind spot is that they are so perfectionistic that they become critical and self-righteous, believing that they know the right way. In the course of their life, type 1 can mimic qualities of type 2, 4, 7 and 9.

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...gram-tritypes/

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...ypes-with-a-1/

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...ypes-with-a-2/

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...ypes-with-a-3/

https://waysofwisdom.wordpress.com/2...ypes-with-a-4/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast