Thread: What is my type?

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post What is my type?

This literally took forever, but its done. Thanks!

Block 1:

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    When I’m presented with a new concept, I try to understand on a general level, then delve deeper into specifics. I want to have a bigger picture understanding of the concept, while specifics generally don’t interest me at first.
    2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    I look at logic as tool that we use to understand the laws of the universe. The universe is a system and understanding the parts that make up that system is what I consider logic to be.
    3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    A circle divided in 4 parts. There are 60 minutes and divided by 4 is 15 minutes each.
    4. What is a rule? What rules you must to follow?
    A rule is something that explains rationally a process, whether that be natural or artificial. There are also two types of rules, objective and subjective. You are by definition forced to abide by objective rules(laws). Subjective rules, like a court system for example are implemented by a source of power and you are compelled to follow those rules or risk being infringed upon.
    5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is the power structure of any organization or system, where there is a rank from most authority to least authority. Hierarchy is needed for any successful system/organization, without it there is no order and just chaos, so yes, I do need to follow it. That isn’t to say that abuse of hierarchy is acceptable either, as there are times when disobeying your superiors are necessary.
    6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual?
    I use instructions for sorts of things when I’m unsure of how to do something. No, writing an instruction manual would be tedious.
    7. Please explain: “Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws”? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    You have the right to follow the law, but you are still subject the consequences of your actions. Yes, I agree, you have the right to civil disobedience, but the law is the law.
    8. Tell us how consistent are you?
    My beliefs are generally consistent unless I’m presented new information that contradicts my current belief.
    9. What is a “standard”? Why do people need it?
    Standard is something that helps you to categorize and define something in general terms. Standardization protects consumers from harmful products, helps drive innovation, allows companies to comply with laws and regulations.
    10. You need to put in order your home library. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    Neutral. I place books in order of least to most favorite books. Then I place them in order by the physical size of the books.

Block 2:
    1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is your occupation, it is a means of earning an income to provide for you and your loved ones. It can be fun, boring, or unenjoyable. If you aren’t earning an income or payment for your service, then I don’t consider it a job.
    2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    No, it usually the opposite way around. Lots of quantity usually means that the product is made at low price, while the opposite is true of a high-quality product. High quality material is harder and more expensive to acquire which affects the price of a product.
    3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    It depends on the work, but generally it is dependent on the materials that make the work. I determine quality by how much more advanced it is compared to the standard. Yes, I pay a lot of attention to quality, the price unless it’s crazy does not really bother me. Also, its just cause and effect, if you buy something of high quality, most likely its going to last longer. So, getting the most for my buck is extremely important. For example, Bose headphones or just buying Skull Candy headphones, it’s a no brainer to go for the high-quality Bose headphones
    4. How do you feel if you didn’t finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    To be honest I’m actually extremely lazy most of the time, but that still doesn’t stop me for getting my work done. When I don’t complete a task, I’m usually very disappointed in myself and I feel extremely unproductive/efficient.
    5. What is “interesting work” for you? Please explain in detail.
    Anything that I’m passionate about. Whether that be sports, politics, philosophy, psychology, anime/manga, and etc. Generally anything that gets me to think and strategize about winning. For example, I find sports like football(soccer), hockey, and basketball interesting because of tactics/strategy involved in winning the game. That’s also why I’m a political junkie lol! If it involves resources and planning its automatically interesting to me.
    6. You go to the store and see something you’re interested in buying, there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it’s overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I can’t really explain how I know whether its overprice or not, I guess I just know it intuitively. Other than that, I compare the prices of the same product at stores to get a general price.
    7. When you work and someone tells you: “You don’t do it right.” What is your reaction?
    It depends on whether I respect the person that is telling me that. If not, my first reaction is to be condescending or ignore them entirely. If it’s an authority figure or someone that I respect, listening is my first reaction.
    8. Right next to you there is a real professional. You always see that you can’t perform the way he does. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    I admire them, whether I like them or not. I try to observe what they’re doing, their methods, and try to learn as much as possible from them. To be honest, I feel inferior until I surpass them.
    9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I almost never ask for help, unless it’s absolutely necessary. So, I don’t feel much, just that the task needs to completed.
    10. You need to build a pyramid, exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    Why a pyramid? I’m thinking about the process of building the pyramid, such as, how profitable will it be, where can I find a bank to finance this operation, which architect(s) will I need to hire, and the time table for building it. I don’t really care about pyramids, but it would be a drag.

Block 3:
    1. Tell us what is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    2. Describe, please, your understanding of a beautifully dressed man or a woman. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    An assertive independent woman who is well dressed, nice body, beautiful eyes and smile, not too much make up, preferably jet black, red, or brunette hair. More than looks however, I find a woman that is self-confident, has high self-esteem, and doesn’t need another person to give her that.
    3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as “classical beauty”? If so, what is it?
    Yes, it can broken down into periods, where a particular type of art, music, dance was developed or was popularized.
    4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Idk, I don’t usually think about things like that. Anywhere I can feel comfortable and relaxed I guess.
    5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I go with what is popular right now, things that I see in the media, what my friends are wearing. No, I don’t follow fashion, but I keep up with for the most part. No I just select what I like.
    6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What others think about your skill?
    I’d like to think that I like cooking, but I always follow a recipe. After I get the hang of the recipe then I start making my own variations of a dish.
    7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    Generally, yes with solid colors at least.
    8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    If it fits with my subjective view of beauty then yes, but if it doesn’t then no.
    9. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I imagine it first and then I do it. Then I make a general outline of how I want it designed, like where do I want things, what colors I want to paint the walls, what kind of doors, and etc. I would entrust someone else to do that because I’m not into interior design.
    10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    If I like it, is good. If I don't like it, is not. I trust my own taste, but I can seek opinion of others if I know that they are better than me and if they purpose to me something that I like.

Block 4:
    1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    It depends on whether I like or respect the person. I always try to take the diplomatic approach, because I don’t know when I might need them, plus it’s just the polite thing to do. If that doesn’t work then I become increasingly more passive aggressive, pushing them to do what I want them to do. If that fails then I can be authoritarian and will get them to do what I want any means necessary. At that point, the person is being unreasonable and the ends justify the means. I don’t enjoy pressing people and don’t like forcing others into things, but if it has to be done then I’ll do it.
    2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    An incursion is when you try to surprise attack or invasion. Usually I either expect it or am surprised by it. After it occurs, I regroup and plan on the next course of action, which is to defeat the enemy. I don’t necessarily do surprise incursions, its generally thought out and done methodically. It catches the recipient by surprise though.
    3. What does “my people” and “strangers” mean? When do “my people” become “strangers” and why?
    My people means my family, friends, acquaintances, people that I am familiar with. Strangers are people that I don’t know or talk to. My people become strangers if the relationship ends and we are not on speaking terms. Or if we haven’t communicated in a while (years).
    4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Yes, there are such as the chess, the art of war, 48 laws of power. Yes, I use them, but only in cases when I want something from someone. Mostly it’s at work.
    5. Do you think it’s ok to occupy someone else’s territory? In what situations?
    Yes, if you have the power and resources to take over another’s territory then by all means go ahead. As long as it is within the laws (domestic and international) then its ok.
    6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Volitional force is intentional force. Using that definition, it most effective when it involves retaliation or war.
    7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    I gain more information than I give out. So, it’s difficult to know exactly where my interests lie, only people in my inner circle know my interests. I also don’t go out of my war to impress people.
    8. Describe to us your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    I try to reason with the opposition, if that doesn’t work I’ll use manipulation and verbal force. I only engage in physical force as a means of self-defense. It should never get to physical violence.
    9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Not physically strong, but people have told me that I come off as a confident and assertive person. Not overly aggressive, but not someone that you can push around. If anything, stoic or the silent type is a better description.
    10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    Someone who possesses some form of power, is confident, assertive, intelligent, body language.
    Block 5:
    1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain to a 10-year-old child what boorishness means? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Boorishness is being uncivilized and immature. Not exactly, but its synonymous with the given definition. I don’t think I would have the patience to explain the definition to a boorish adult.
    2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    I think that, especially in America, children need to learn to be more collectivized as opposed to individuality. Too much individuality causes us to only look out for our own interests and leads to them being less empathetic. Children need to learn the importance of teamwork, openness, tolerance, and empathetic.
    3. Can you justify somebody’s bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn’t taught how to do so?
    Understand yes, justify no.
    4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Love is any deep attachment to something or someone. Yes, punishment should serve as means of helping the person understand their wrong doing. I don’t believe in physical punishment.
    5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    Mutual respect
    6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    This for me was a difficult question for some reasons that I really don't know because I understand people on a rational level before of an emotional one.
    7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Generally, yes, but if I don’t see a rational reason for following them, then I discard it.
    8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    It’s based on the norms that I was taught and I intuitively know what’s right or wrong.
    9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    I consider myself moral nihilist, so what is moral in the absolute sense does not concern me. That does not mean that I don’t have personal moral beliefs. Immoral is anything that bring unnecessary suffering (human or animal). Most people believe is some form of absolute morality so no, it does fit with mine. There really isn’t a need for me to prove whether moral nihilism is correct or not. I’m not the one making a claim, the moral absolutist is. It would be like asking an agnostic/atheist to prove the existence of God, when they didn’t make any claim.
    10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    Again, it depends on whether I like the person or not. If I like them, I will try to understand where they are coming from. If I don’t like them then my first reaction is to be combative through sarcasm, condescension, argumentation.
    Block 6:
    1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    Nice Dostoevsky reference!
    I understood this as that world is a horrible place to live in. I’m neutral on the topic, because I don’t know if there was a better world that could have been created.
    2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Even though I don’t express emotion much myself, it’s still acceptable and important because we are social creatures. It’s good for your own mental/emotional health. Excessive emotional expression can be annoying at times though, like constant crying.
    3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    Sadly, negative emotions are usually my default mode, but I’m trying to change that and be more positive.
    4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    Its coupled with sarcasm, condescension, sly comments. Sometimes it involves me punching the wall or throwing things to release those emotions. I come off as sarcastic to people by default, so it’s not something that people comment on really. I’ve been called a snob and elitist by some people.
    5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    Fake and insincere
    6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    There is no wrong emotion, it needs to be a balance of mostly positive emotions coupled with some negative emotions. It’s like yin-yang, both emotions are needed to be healthy.
    7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    No, but I can fake it. My feelings and my outward emotional state are completely different. Changing my emotional state is what I do, not feel. It’s usually positive emotions that I try to project.
    8. What does it mean to “pour out your emotions”? How does it happen?
    To release all your pent- up emotions. This almost never happens to me, but when it does it involves tears, brutal honesty, yelling, coming to an understanding, and feeling better afterwards.
    9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    Yes and no, depends on if I want to let others know what I’m feeling.
    10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    My mood is static for the most part, but I do notice the moods of others, but its more pattern recognition of how they usually behave. If their behavior is outside of the normal behavior then I know that something is up. Also tone and body language helps me notice other’s moods.
    Block 7:
    1. Do you like surprises?
    I don’t like surprises because I have no control over the outcome in a standard situation.
    2. Tell us how people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    I like changes, too much of the same becomes boring. Change is people is a continuous event, moreover it’s a process the yields change. People just don’t wake up one morning and decide to change. It takes hard work and dedication to change. You can’t really tell if change is occurring during the process, but at the endpoint you can tell that change has occurred.
    3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    Yes, everything is a learning process, once something happens you have no control over it anymore, the only thing that you can do is just do better next time. I try to think about what went wrong, how I could fix, my plans and contingency plans failed and etc. Never give up and always be the best person that you can be.
    4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    I’m inclined to not believe it, but who knows. The universe is a strange place. Personally, I don’t believe in horoscopes/ fortune telling. I do believe in luck in the sense of probability of the universe
    5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    Yes, it’s strange I can’t really explain it. It’s like a 6th sense for me. Its real in the sense that its pattern recognition supplemented with cause and effect thinking.
    6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you “kill” time? How?
    Time an indefinite amount of progress, that involves the past, present, and future. I see time as tool that helps me plan, forecast, use cause-effect thinking. I can kill time by just being lazing and thinking lol.
    7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    No I need to know. If I don’t know then I’ll just ask around.
    8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    No, my forecasts are generally correct, so I trust them in most cases.
    9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I come either exactly on time or a few minutes after. It depends on how late the person.
    10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    a) Thinking about what we are going to do, planning on how to get there as efficiently as possible, playing out scenarios in my head about how the meeting will go.
    b) Same as a)
    c) Angry about them being late, what happened? How long are they going to take? I already make a personal judgement about what type of person they might be. If I know them, then I won’t be thinking about it much.
    d) extremely angry, I might just call them and cancel the meeting. I don’t have time for this bullshit.
    e) Meeting is canceled, I’ll call the person to see what happened. If it was an honest mistake or something happened , then I try to see if they are okay, and reschedule the meeting.
    Block 8:
    1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    I see it as subjective, the meaning of life should be what you want it to be. As for me, the meaning of life is to leave the world a better place than when you came into it.
    2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    I believe that happiness is dependent on what you put out. If you want to be a negative person then you will be unhappy, the same is true to people who put out positive energy. The universe gives you what you put out.
    3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    First I have a gut instinct on what could happen, but I end up trusting my logical analysis or asking people I trust about the right choice.
    4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about him right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone’s talents?
    Most of it is though their body language, facial expressions, and the topics that they talk about. It depends on how well I know them though.
    5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?
    Intelligent, witty, honest, complex, sincere, confident
    Someone who is overly rigid or too spontaneous is not interesting. It’s a balance that makes a person interesting.
    I’ve been told by my friends and acquaintances that I was mysterious before they met me, if that counts as boring or interesting.
    6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: 1) fair; 2) not fair; 3) hurtful; 4) strange.
    1) assertive, sincere, loyal, strategic, helpful, intelligent, logical, direct, dreamy, intuitive
    2) harsh, I-know-all, selfish, arrogant, judgmental
    3) too logical, not spontaneous enough, antisocial at times, narcissistic, not emotional
    4) Lazy, but productive at the same time
    7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    Always lol. Whether it be about the future, creating stories, writing, about the past at times, and about present possibilities.
    8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    knowledge, ambition, guts, perseverance, positive, openness dedicated, generosity and consistent
    9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Laziness, negativity, selfishness, arrogance, narcissism, hate, pedantry.
    10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    To be successful, but that success won’t last if you are not a good person. Always remember to help those that stuck with you before the success.
    No, I mean look at our idiotic president. He’s the worst of the worst, but because he was a trust fund baby and a conman he rose to the top.

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the point of this forum, if no one responds to a thread?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kinda wanted to respond but you were so accurate and truthful that it was kinda boring (sorry lol) I guess what interested me is you were negative trying to be positive, I kinda have the opposite problem. I mean I'm a 33 year old guy that is still into Power Rangers. =) I really like their positivity lol its so lame and infectious.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god I hated that fucking questionnaire There's definitely a bitter gamma introvert backdrop to everything you say Seems quite ILI, and I would say ILI-Te, too. And welcome to the forum.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    Oh god I hated that fucking questionnaire There's definitely a bitter gamma introvert backdrop to everything you say Seems quite ILI, and I would say ILI-Te, too. And welcome to the forum.
    Thanks and sorry about that, sometimes I'm too impatient lol

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by willowglass View Post
    Sorry. Sometimes threads get over looked here. I think Fi & Se. A logical type. ILI perhaps.
    Thanks for answering! ILI-Ni or ILI-Te?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are ILI, I'd venture to say the Te subtype would fit better.

Have you taken these?

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ (original test)
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

TIM
    ILI-Ni, 5w6 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    If you are ILI, I'd venture to say the Te subtype would fit better.

Have you taken these?

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ (original test)
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta
    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/ (original test)- ILI
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx - LSI or ILI
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta - Link was broken

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KrishnaRen View Post
    Forgot to mention that it doesn't work in firefox sometimes.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI obviously

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would recommend VI. VI plus video are ideal. Socionics cognition operates outside your conscious personality. Although these questionnaires and others like them ask questions that test your socionics type, the results are compromised because the answers rely on self-reporting.