Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I realize my descriptions might be a tad bit offensive but my main objective is to get the main point across in the clearest way possible and to do that I need to forgo political correctness.

I used to think of the Id as just being used for own goals as well but this has left to many unanswered holes in the behavior of the types and thus I now think the Id plays plays a much more central role in the behavior of they types. My understating of socionics is constantly evolving (which is why I haven't subscribed to a type yet, I don't want to type myself until I understand all the types 100% and rid my viewpoints of stereotypes), I will also admit that not all my past comments have been 100% correct, so feel free to disagree, but currently I think model A is filled with unanswered gaps and doesn't fully penetrate the essence of the types.
    You can't understand the types 100% before you type yourself. You understand the types by typing people. No wonder you don't get Model A.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You can't understand the types 100% before you type yourself. You understand the types by typing people. No wonder you don't get Model A.
    He understands socionics model better than you do
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He understands socionics model better than you do
    Such ether.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I am certain I am introverted and logical so I'm not completely clueless in regards to my own type, however I prefer to fully explore all the nuances before firmly deciding on a specific type, as a sort of safety measure. Understanding yourself only gives you the understanding of one type, there are still many more types and subtypes you will have to learn and the only way to to do that is by observing other people. And to be sure own of your own you type you need to observe others of the same type to make sure you act in a similar way they do.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    I am certain I am introverted and logical so I'm not completely clueless in regards to my own type, however I prefer to fully explore all the nuances before firmly deciding on a specific type, as a sort of safety measure. Understanding yourself only gives you the understanding of one type, there are still many more types and subtypes you will have to learn and the only way to to do that is by observing other people. And to be sure own of your own you type you need to observe others of the same type to make sure you act in a similar way they do.
    Not really. You may observe people of the same type that don't appear all that similar.

But it's important to figure out your type so that you can use your reactions to information and other people to help distinguish the IM elements / types. I mean really, you're the person you know the most about so it should guide your typings of others rather than the other way around.