Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    How's your harmony score calculated? I find it strange that the random data clumped up so tightly around 0.
    This curve was generated by randomly selecting all 15 dichotomy traits on a 5 likert scale (an even chance of –1, –.5, 0, +.5, +1), and recording the results 20,000 times.

Since then, I've run 100,000 cycles with an 11 likert model, and included the output in the new version of the excel file [link]. If you open it, remember to download, open in excel and enable editing and content. On the "Input" tab are all the options, and you can click the random button to see how it works. I've added comments that will tell you about the buttons if you hover your mouse over them. You can also run your own experiment on the 6th "Random Experiment" tab, just start low to see how your computer handles then number crunching.

All the equations are on the "(Harmony Calc)" tab, if you want to figure out how it works.

This is the result of how I rate myself. You can see even though there is variation, there are clear column stripes. If you put in a random result, the field will look like tv static.
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 05-20-2018 at 04:32 PM.