Thread: Which Delta type performs best in school?

Threaded View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    I always did really well on standardized tests too, but I never studied hard. So it works for me too.
    I've always been very studious, but have tended to overthink standardized test questions, so tend to do less well on those things. Those tests usually dont reflect my actual knowledge.

I mean, i've still done well enough on std tests to get where i am now, and was a top student in grade-school, high school and college but I've always seen those tests as my weakness. I do better on tests where i can describe my thought process. I also tend to run out of time (unless i practice the "test-taking" a lot in advance).

I can admit though, that i can be lazy about studying. I'm a slow reader (because I tend to zone in and out while reading, and need to reread stuff a million times to actually focus), and with the exception of history courses, have never actually read entirely through any textbooks. I also tend to "play" while "studying", so it feels like i'm always studying/working.

I also have to say that my upbringing was heavily school focused. My mom had really high standards for my schoolwork, so that sort of kept me in line and possibly made me more studious than I perhaps would have othrewise been. I did like school though. I've always liked learning. I've always been well-behaved in class (except my first day of 1st grade when I kept chatting with my neighbors in class while the teacher was trying to teach. I got put in the corner against my will, and i swore i would never misbehave again.) So i think all of those characteristics ultimately lead to a responsible, good student.
    Last edited by Suz; 02-22-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx