Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
See Ive seen studies that conclude smokers take more risks over all and risk taking is associated with higher adrenalin and testosterone and unfortunately cortisol.
This might be, I haven't looked too much into it.

But,

We treated the men who had stopped smoking for more than 6 months prior to the interview as former smokers in the study. We found that former smokers had similar levels of SHBG, TT and FT as never smokers both prior to and after adjusting for age, BMI, fasting blood glucose, triglycerides, alcohol consumption and estradiol levels (data not shown). It appears that the effects of cigarette smoking on testosterone levels are reversed upon smoking cessation.

Would imply otherwise.

My own 'hunch' if you will, is that it's not necessarily the case for a few reasons, increased estradiol (estrogen derivative) in men can cause increased aggression which can be associated with risk taking, people who drink a lot tend to have lower testosterone, due to the estrogen in hops and the breakdown of alcohol, and hard drinking is also associated with risk taking.

More likely it's that people who do these things, drink, smoke etc, take more risks because they're risk takers, or less regard for their health/future etc so they do more 'risky things.' So my hunch overall is that it's biochemical.

But, overall testosterone level in men is dropping by the generation, possibly due to the increased use of plastics, but also maybe smoking has a factor? Since smoking level is dropping in people by the generation.

No one really knows though. I'm not really one for sweating it personally, i've not got any symptoms I'm aware of and had my T level tested as part of other stuff about a year ago. It was normal physiological range but higher than average for my age group.

Much of this I'm working from memory though, I took a brief interest in it before, and somehow I posted longer there than I intended too haha.