Thread: Have you gotten your testosterone level checked?

Hybrid View

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read that intermittent fasting improves T levels.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I've read that intermittent fasting improves T levels.
    Then mine should be much higher than they are or is it only in men?

My longest fast was 7 days and I only broke it because I no longer wanted to drink water either and people were getting concerned. I could have gone a bit longer without damage. :/ I had more energy those 7 days while not eating than I do after eating. It was sort of surreal but cool.

I did it for a mind/spirit reset (not religious) so I do not recommend it for 7 days at a time unless you are in the right frame of mind and your intentions for fasting are clear. I could never fast that long before because my intentions were not clear and it was a struggle. That time I didn't even think of food and was not bothered a bit. I didn't feel any hunger the first couple of days either which is what I felt by the second day when I had tried it before. I want to do it again soon.

I intermittent fast every day and have pretty consistently for years. Not for any health benefits or diet plan though. I just don't eat until late and I only eat once a day which feels more natural to me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had my testosterone tested about a year ago, but it doesn't mean so much without other markers like free and albumin bound testosterone.

Here is an interesting article for people who would perhaps like to experiment with their bodies https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/...one-naturally/

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

My longest fast was 7 days and I only broke it because I no longer wanted to drink water either and people were getting concerned. I could have gone a bit longer without damage. :/ I had more energy those 7 days while not eating than I do after eating. It was sort of surreal but cool.

I did it for a mind/spirit reset (not religious) so I do not recommend it for 7 days at a time unless you are in the right frame of mind and your intentions for fasting are clear. I could never fast that long before because my intentions were not clear and it was a struggle. That time I didn't even think of food and was not bothered a bit. I didn't feel any hunger the first couple of days either which is what I felt by the second day when I had tried it before. I want to do it again soon.

I intermittent fast every day and have pretty consistently for years. Not for any health benefits or diet plan though. I just don't eat until late and I only eat once a day which feels more natural to me.
    Impressive. My longest fast is about 40 hours, spiritually it's good for you. I hear it's good for the body too, but I haven't looked too much into it though.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that's what I'm doing also. I don't like the constant eating. Once a day is enough.

I'm trying to test if I can notice any change in T levels. What I do know is that working out feels good after 16 h of fasting. And then eating afterwards.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy knows alot about the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtwQ...ature=youtu.be

(Jung on Si)