Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If I post a video, will people type me?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI-Si

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Great. Let's go through the motions.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    @Maritsa,

Here's what my father had to say about me (he was in a good but tired mood):

He said I do most small talk by rote.
    One of the few observations he made about my actual behavior is that I will frequently walk in the living room where he is watching TV, not say a word, be there just long enough to get the general gist of what is going on and then I will just leave without saying anything.

This part is interesting to me because he sees you observing your external surroundings and taking things in Do you see yourself doing this? And, do you make any conclusions about what is going on? Also do you observe changes in your surroundings?

[He said I came across as very aloof in this way.
    He said I like to do new stuff, learn all about it and this transfers an ability to articulate what that subject is and talk about it in a technical way and that I would know the strategy behind it.
    Please clarify what is meant by the strategy behind something

[He said I was very feast or famine, meaning I am either giving 110% of my ability to it or 0%. He said most people do this to an extent, but the amount of effort that I put into doing it when its an interest is extreme.
    He said I am pretty hard to read, what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling. He said I don't wear myself on my sleeve and that I am not an open book.
    He said I like to try a lot of new things and he wishes he had that as a characteristic as well.
    Said I am not a complainer.
    Said I have a pleasant demeanor and that I have a genuine concern for others.
    Eating habits are not type related. What you observe, that being dynamics of how things work, analyzing the nature of things in a static manner are.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I'll post it here too just for the record, I'm seeing LII for OP.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    This part is interesting to me because he sees you observing your external surroundings and taking things in Do you see yourself doing this? And, do you make any conclusions about what is going on? Also do you observe changes in your surroundings?
    Its mostly that I am trying to see if anything different is happening. Once I see that there is no difference I have seen all I really care to see. I don't really see changes in my surroundings, but I can see just enough to figure out if something is different. Its a passive thing I do that allows me to think about things in a setting that is relatively static. I do both at once.

Please clarify what is meant by the strategy behind something
    I can't speak for what my father said. All I can assume is that he notices that I am able to see the underlying principles that the thing has.

Eating habits are not type related. What you observe, that being dynamics of how things work, analyzing the nature of things in a static manner are.
    His comment was not literal.. He simply meant that I give all my effort into one thing or no effort at all. And yes, I do that to the second sentence.

TBH, it seems like you are biased and have already made your decision.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Biased? Aren't we all?

Using your response to the first set which you said you are trying to observe what's different and matching to the dichotomy does it say that you are a negativist or positivist?

I see type clearly I don't know if you can or this is just for fun. It certainly takes a lot of asking questions to get people to see information metabolism
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biased? Aren't we all?

Using your response to the first set which you said you are trying to observe what's different and matching to the dichotomy does it say that you are a negativist or positivist?

I see type clearly I don't know if you can or this is just for fun. It certainly takes a lot of asking questions to get people to see information metabolism
    I try my best not to be biased. I think biases do bad things. I am open minded to the point of fault.

I am not trying to "match" any dichotomy. I don't think like that. I ask myself if things are different and come up with an intuitive response to that of yes or no. It would be negativist.

I am trying to see if people on this site are objective or if they hold strong, without sway, to my perspective. I want to see if people "get" me. That is an overarching goal of mine. You see type clearly, but once you have made a decision there is no changing your mind.. this is not the case with me.. at all. I am so open minded that I can never create a firm conclusion about anything like I talked about in my video. As such, I am looking for people who also are as open minded as myself, but am often disappointed when i see most people make judgements without thinking things through fully and most importantly, not keeping an open mind.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I try my best not to be biased. I think biases do bad things. I am open minded to the point of fault.

I am not trying to "match" any dichotomy. I don't think like that. I ask myself if things are different and come up with an intuitive response to that of yes or no. It would be negativist.

I am trying to see if people on this site are objective or if they hold strong, without sway, to my perspective. I want to see if people "get" me. That is an overarching goal of mine. You see type clearly, but once you have made a decision there is no changing your mind.. this is not the case with me.. at all. I am so open minded that I can never create a firm conclusion about anything like I talked about in my video. As such, I am looking for people who also are as open minded as myself, but am often disappointed when i see most people make judgements without thinking things through fully and most importantly, not keeping an open mind.
    You are correct you are in the negativist dichotomy.

I feel like you don't want to be placed in any category and labeled yet you want to be typed You contradict yourself and are an anomaly to others. This isn't a good attitude to have because you want to remain open minded but not really. You see I've met people like you and I can see this attitude an I don't like it because you purposely challenge the emotions of others and this doesn't provide solid security. For myself, I admire the individual who knows themselves because then they know what they want. So biased or not you want to be typed and thus deal with my questions or don't deal with me and call me closed minded as a way of shutting me out because I'm trying my best and that hurts my feelings.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The you that you are and want to be loved for is more than a type. Type is how you process information and they you is what you want you be known for and loved for.
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct you are in the negativist dichotomy.

I feel like you don't want to be placed in any category and labeled yet you want to be typed You contradict yourself and are an anomaly to others. This isn't a good attitude to have because you want to remain open minded but not really. You see I've met people like you and I can see this attitude an I don't like it because you purposely challenge the emotions of others and this doesn't provide solid security. For myself, I admire the individual who knows themselves because then they know what they want. So biased or not you want to be typed and thus deal with my questions or don't deal with me and call me closed minded as a way of shutting me out because I'm trying my best and that hurts my feelings.
    You have to understand that, for me, I have very real emotional scars because people were too close minded. I could tell you a story that in large part shaped my skepticism, but I don't want to lay that on anyone. Basically, I have been hurt because people have judged things before getting all the facts.

I do not mean any offence to you at all, and you are mostly correct on your analysis of me in this post, but I cannot compromise who I am. And I know you mean well, that is not my argument at all. I think you are trying to help me, but when people present information to me in a way to change my mind and they have a bias in their conclusion, this send red flags to me. It is not you; you are a very healthy minded individual who knows that making a judgement call on something and sticking to it is good. Unfortunately my mind just does not work that way. I am not trying to challenge anyone's feelings, only their rationale. Unfortunately there is not a clear distinction between the two and they often overlap. All I can say is that I can only do my best to validate people's feeling and remain to challenge people's rationale. Its a hard tightrope to walk. I try and validate people's feelings were apparent, but if I see that a thought process is not accurate it is in my nature to want to correct that. I'm sorry it is just who I am.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay

Let's work on uniting us on something.

Would you agree that you are mostly a negativist dichotomy or not?

-

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay

Let's work on uniting us on something.

Would you agree that you are mostly a negativist dichotomy or not?

yes i would.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes i would.
    Yes!

That's what I like to hear. Confidence and determination!
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yen View Post
    A socionics test, QuickTwist? http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...15#post1129715

QuickTwist, I sat this test, maybe you will try it. Something on the description of my result,

Has been true unfortunately, what about yourself?

Good will is important to me, maybe you have been hurt by a lack of goodwill so you've withdrawn a little. I am wondering if you are LSE who has had their fingers burnt.

I'm watching your thread I think Maritsa is asking good questions and I wish I was as good at it as Maritsa is, but we can always improve. When you say something, it becomes true. (External focus, verbalization makes it real, rather than internal thoughts being real for introvert)
    I took the test and got ILI http://www.tests-tests.com/gulenko_r...qnum=69&qcur=1

ILI.png

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've not read this whole thread. Far too long.

In regards typing videos, you should differentiate between those who typing exclusively or significantly through phrenology (brow ridges, "J-necks" and the like)...those who get a few impressions from vibe (that may be stronger in a video\real life than static images, and those who analyse external displays of cognition.

I consider self-reflection through reading various materials and through the taking of tests to be the best way of determining your type. (I know you've taken at least some tests, but there are many indexed here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ocionics-Tests )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If a person doesn't have an adjusted view of themselves free of emotional, free of fear free of depression Xmas free of societal expectations, no test is going to help them. They have to come see for themselves what they do and how. Sadly you too fall in this line subteigh
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If a person doesn't have an adjusted view of themselves free of emotional, free of fear free of depression Xmas free of societal expectations, no test is going to help them. They have to come see for themselves what they do and how. Sadly you too fall in this line subteigh
    I feel really uncomfortable in these attempts at starting conflicts. Would you please leave me out of these discussions. Thank you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I feel really uncomfortable in these attempts at starting conflicts. Would you please leave me out of these discussions. Thank you.
    Copycat and mimicking
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Copycat and mimicking
    I don't wish to engage in a conversation with you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Taunting someone is being vengeful. Subteigh
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Taunting someone is being vengeful. Subteigh
    My intention isn't to be vengeful whatsoever, and I don't believe I am taunting you. I am using your methods of typing. You should be proud of me. Perhaps we could derail this somewhere else?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are mixing things up a bit. I have depression, but not about myself. I am actually pretty confident in what I am good at. Where I agree is that tests are not as empirical as they appear. The subjective bias that one has of themselves while taking the test is often a huge factor in how they type. Since I am aware of this I feel I am somewhat adequately suited to taking tests without biases, at least not so biased that it will throw the results too far off the mark.

Here is another result I got on a test:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#tabs-1

p.s. I don't know if this link will work to direct you to the results, but it might. Its another ILI result.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are mixing things up a bit. I have depression, but not about myself. I am actually pretty confident in what I am good at. Where I agree is that tests are not as empirical as they appear. The subjective bias that one has of themselves while taking the test is often a huge factor in how they type. Since I am aware of this I feel I am somewhat adequately suited to taking tests without biases, at least not so biased that it will throw the results too far off the mark.

Here is another result I got on a test:

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#tabs-1

p.s. I don't know if this link will work to direct you to the results, but it might. Its another ILI result.
    Bollocks, it didn't link like I thought.

Here are some images:

ILI pt.1.jpgILI pt.2.jpgILI pt.3.jpg
    Last edited by QuickTwist; 04-19-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have decided that ILI is my type. Its a simple matter of taking all the CF that people have said they think I exhibit ie. logic and Si primarily with some people thinking I am Ni dom, cross referencing what I know about myself, the fact I have tested as ILI in two consecutive tests and the knowledge that I can still exhibit Si and Fe as an ILI that has prompted this decision. The fact that it has not been a clear cut case to me is evidence that I am using an intuitive function that is not very well understood. While I was thinking Ti, I neglected the fact that this function primarily functions as a logic type of reasoning rather than an impression type of reasoning. I go by impressions I see in the world and am able to come up with a framework to work with to predict the outcome of what is happening; I am often thinking ahead of other as is apparent as people not understanding me and being a bit behind.

Thanks to all who had anything to say on my type, you have all be helpful in me finding my type.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I have decided that ILI is my type. Its a simple matter of taking all the CF that people have said they think I exhibit ie. logic and Si primarily with some people thinking I am Ni dom, cross referencing what I know about myself, the fact I have tested as ILI in two consecutive tests and the knowledge that I can still exhibit Si and Fe as an ILI that has prompted this decision. The fact that it has not been a clear cut case to me is evidence that I am using an intuitive function that is not very well understood. While I was thinking Ti, I neglected the fact that this function primarily functions as a logic type of reasoning rather than an impression type of reasoning. I go by impressions I see in the world and am able to come up with a framework to work with to predict the outcome of what is happening; I am often thinking ahead of other as is apparent as people not understanding me and being a bit behind.

Thanks to all who had anything to say on my type, you have all be helpful in me finding my type.
    Quasis (LII vs ILI) can be pretty similar at first sight. If you do take seriously and share these predictions with others and not just as a side thing then yeah, it sounds more ILI.

It's a good point about logic vs impression based thoughts.

Btw, those two tests you took are not conclusive, as they are dichotomy tests, not function based, so I would suggest not using those results for your conclusion on type. (The gulenko one is fully dichotomy based, the sociotype one does look at functions too but then uses the dichotomies with quite a lot of weight too in the final evaluation)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Quasis (LII vs ILI) can be pretty similar at first sight. If you do take seriously and share these predictions with others and not just as a side thing then yeah, it sounds more ILI.

It's a good point about logic vs impression based thoughts.

Btw, those two tests you took are not conclusive, as they are dichotomy tests, not function based, so I would suggest not using those results for your conclusion on type. (The gulenko one is fully dichotomy based, the sociotype one does look at functions too but then uses the dichotomies with quite a lot of weight too in the final evaluation)
    Is there a test I can take that does measure CFs?

Thanks for your feedback

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Is there a test I can take that does measure CFs?

Thanks for your feedback
    Np.

Try this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...st-ru-laser-ru

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So, you can stay on schedule without planning?
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you can stay on schedule without planning?
    What do you mean? That sounds like an oxymoron. As schedule precludes that there is a plan.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you mean? That sounds like an oxymoron. As schedule precludes that there is a plan.
    I'm sorry preplanning
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry preplanning
    If I got this right you are asking if I can follow a routine without writing things down? If so, then yes. I rarely if ever write out a schedule. Much of this, however, has to do with the fact that I don't have a lot going on. I am unhealthily inactive.. I am looking to pick up more hours at NAMI currently, which is a dual function. It gets me out of the house more often and gives me a better chance to get a job there.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@QuickTwist, don't have time to continue the chat but: what you said about vulnerability doesn't specifically say if the Fe is PoLR or suggestive. As for the relationship between your impressions and your logic, mind writing more?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @QuickTwist, don't have time to continue the chat but: what you said about vulnerability doesn't specifically say if the Fe is PoLR or suggestive. As for the relationship between your impressions and your logic, mind writing more?
    Sure. When I think, I do not do it systematically.. Things just sort of come to me as I think. A lot of the time I will pause and my brain is basically working like you see your computer.. You know it is calculating things but you are not quite sure what exactly. Like I said in the video how when I think it is both a little compulsive and impulsive. I don't have control over what I think about but given time a pattern is soon to emerge and I usually act on that premonition. There is often a lot of things going on in my brain at once. As I type this I am both searching intuitively on what I am going to write next while a song is running through my head. My foot keeps the beat of the tempo of the song when I am at rest and thinking about what I am going to write. I don't know what I am going to write until I get the next word gets into my mind - sometimes it comes in ideas and concepts. I am not someone who can memorize well, instead I leave my reasoning skills to do most of the work for me. I do a lot of thought challenging, meaning I will think of something and then rethink it to see if it is true, if it is really true, if it is false or how true it actually is. I try to let my reasoning dictate all that I do and I feel it is based on intuition that I come to a realization rather than strict logical conclusion of a domino type way of thinking. I imagine I could be pretty good at chess if I could understand the dynamics of how the game is played. This would require me to spend a good deal of time playing the game since my intuition works much slower than logical thinking. For my intuition to work, I have to be deeply intimate with the system I am working with, but once I have it down to a certain degree, it gets immensely easier for me to calculate very quickly what the correct play to do is. I also spend a lot of time thinking about my thoughts. I am trying to understand the way in which my mind works and it comes in different waves and different flavors. As example of this, during the course of this thread I went from thinking I was Si, for a very short time, to thinking I was Ti, then I have settled on Ni. I will likely change my mind again because I believe that there is always room for improvement in understand yourself - there is always another level to reach - another plane of consciousness. I realize that I don't really make inner judgements or only do after I have thought about the subject very in depthly. I don't typically think about things in categories or compartmentalize much. I don't think in "right" and "wrong" I simply think about what seems most natural without putting expectations on anything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ENTP

that thread has better video for nonverbal typing, where you look to camera, but not to a side
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...st-info-for-me

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sure. When I think, I do not do it systematically.. Things just sort of come to me as I think. A lot of the time I will pause and my brain is basically working like you see your computer.. You know it is calculating things but you are not quite sure what exactly. Like I said in the video how when I think it is both a little compulsive and impulsive. I don't have control over what I think about but given time a pattern is soon to emerge and I usually act on that premonition. There is often a lot of things going on in my brain at once. As I type this I am both searching intuitively on what I am going to write next while a song is running through my head. My foot keeps the beat of the tempo of the song when I am at rest and thinking about what I am going to write. I don't know what I am going to write until I get the next word gets into my mind - sometimes it comes in ideas and concepts. I am not someone who can memorize well, instead I leave my reasoning skills to do most of the work for me. I do a lot of thought challenging, meaning I will think of something and then rethink it to see if it is true, if it is really true, if it is false or how true it actually is. I try to let my reasoning dictate all that I do and I feel it is based on intuition that I come to a realization rather than strict logical conclusion of a domino type way of thinking. I imagine I could be pretty good at chess if I could understand the dynamics of how the game is played. This would require me to spend a good deal of time playing the game since my intuition works much slower than logical thinking. For my intuition to work, I have to be deeply intimate with the system I am working with, but once I have it down to a certain degree, it gets immensely easier for me to calculate very quickly what the correct play to do is. I also spend a lot of time thinking about my thoughts. I am trying to understand the way in which my mind works and it comes in different waves and different flavors. As example of this, during the course of this thread I went from thinking I was Si, for a very short time, to thinking I was Ti, then I have settled on Ni. I will likely change my mind again because I believe that there is always room for improvement in understand yourself - there is always another level to reach - another plane of consciousness. I realize that I don't really make inner judgements or only do after I have thought about the subject very in depthly. I don't typically think about things in categories or compartmentalize much. I don't think in "right" and "wrong" I simply think about what seems most natural without putting expectations on anything.
    Let's work on your second dichotomy. Would you say with confidence that you are emotivist based on preference to quality information?

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._and_emotivism
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's work on your second dichotomy. Would you say with confidence that you are emotivist based on preference to quality information?

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p..._and_emotivism
    No, I would say I am Constructivist.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am Constructivist.
    Reinin's dichotomies are baseless bullshit, but not normal Socionics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, I would say I am Constructivist.
    Great please explain
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great please explain
    Keeping things emotionally unattached is a evolutionary survival instinct (for me) so that when there is an emergency you can act with a clear head. I have my favorite bands that I listen to a lot without listening to a lot of new stuff. I will often get a certain part of a song stuck in my head, hence an emotional hooking to that part of the song (lots of people do this I know but Its not always the hook or chorus for me which may be a little different). I think what people do is louder than the emotions they give off, granted I understand behaviors, beliefs, feelings and thoughts are all interconnected. Most importantly, like I talked about how in my evolutionary instincts where I value a clear head in crisis, what is actually happening, ie. objective behaviors that I can observe or hear are much more immediate and tangible when it comes to a situation where emotions simply are not all that important.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Reinin's dichotomies are baseless bullshit, but not normal Socionics
    You expect him to stop trying because you say that they are not good? That says you are an emotivist type and if you read the dichotomy you would know why I'm saying that
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Keeping things emotionally unattached is a evolutionary survival instinct (for me) so that when there is an emergency you can act with a clear head. I have my favorite bands that I listen to a lot without listening to a lot of new stuff. I will often get a certain part of a song stuck in my head, hence an emotional hooking to that part of the song (lots of people do this I know but Its not always the hook or chorus for me which may be a little different). I think what people do is louder than the emotions they give off, granted I understand behaviors, beliefs, feelings and thoughts are all interconnected. Most importantly, like I talked about how in my evolutionary instincts where I value a clear head in crisis, what is actually happening, ie. objective behaviors that I can observe or hear are much more immediate and tangible when it comes to a situation where emotions simply are not all that important.
    That's not what that dichotomy indicates. The reason why I picked emotivist for you is because you require certain quality information. Please read it
    -

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast