Thread: LIIs-INTjs and Fe dual-seeking

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I generally wear a poker face because I sometimes misread the emotional tone of the conversation and end up looking like and idiot, so my solution was to show no emotion and never make a mistake!

I quickly learned that no emotion looks very much like "bored" to people and now I'm trying out inserting a pause to think before cracking a smile or frown or whatever.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good technique (@nickelslick), it probably also makes you look thoughtful! (Not that LIIs need help coming off that way).

I don't feel like I "wear" a poker face, I just feel like reacting with my face is something that my face tends to not do naturally, so I've had to practise it. There was a point when I realised my mouth hurt from fake smiling because my face was on auto-just-fake-smile mode for so long.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I don't feel like I "wear" a poker face, I just feel like reacting with my face is something that my face tends to not do naturally, so I've had to practise it.
    I practice with people with whom I have a temporary, superficial relationship, like cashiers and waiters. (For example, when a cashier tells me "have a nice day" or the like, I push myself to produce a warm smile when I respond) If you screw it up, the consequences are minor, but you still get feedback.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    I practice with people with whom I have a temporary, superficial relationship, like cashiers and waiters. (For example, when a cashier tells me "have a nice day" or the like, I push myself to produce a warm smile when I respond) If you screw it up, the consequences are minor, but you still get feedback.
    I should try this. I produce a "friendly smile" when I'm talking with people, but I mentally imagine it as a superficial veneer. That means when I'm talking with real people (cashiers aren't people, right?), maybe I don't "fully commit" enough to really trying to be friendly and interested in them.

I've always been surprised there isn't enough "Socionics self-help" resources. I think there's so many people who move through these forums that we could build up a greater repository of wisdom. I'd love more discussion about people skills ("Fi and Fe skills").
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    I do the same. Except with my close friends and family, human interactions are little more to me than an area to study, conduct experiments on, and analyze in my mind. Of course, human rights are always factored in to my experiments because I refuse to violate them. Therefore, I'm not a sociopath.