Thread: LIIs-INTjs and Fe dual-seeking

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LIIs like to limit conversations to things they find interesting to talk about because we are poor small talkers and dislike having to shift our thoughts to the common mundane things people often use is a basis for socializing. My guess is she was probably waiting for you to mention something that crossed her interest. She might of interpreted you giving her space as, "Fuck it, you don't care about anything I'm saying so I'm just going to give up trying", which then prompted her in making amends by trying to restart the conversion. The secret to getting along with LIIs is all about finding out what they are really interested in, which can be a bit difficult because the interest of LIIs tend to be a bit distant from the mainstream things like sports, celebrities, relationships etc. LIIs usually only open up in talking about those interest once they feel they are in an atmosphere void of criticism and that they are unconditionally loved by whom they are speaking to.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    LIIs like to limit conversations to things they find interesting to talk about because we are poor small talkers and dislike having to shift our thoughts to the common mundane things people often use is a basis for socializing. My guess is she was probably waiting for you to mention something that crossed her interest. She might of interpreted you giving her space as, "Fuck it, you don't care about anything I'm saying so I'm just going to give up trying", which then prompted her in making amends by trying to restart the conversion. The secret to getting along with LIIs is all about finding out what they are really interested in, which can be a bit difficult because the interest of LIIs tend to be a bit distant from the mainstream things like sports, celebrities, relationships etc. LIIs usually only open up in talking about those interest once they feel they are in an atmosphere void of criticism and that they are unconditionally loved by whom they are speaking to.
    That's pretty much the feeling I get. However, LIIs, due to having Fi-role instead of Fi-polr, actually strive to have some awareness of how their interests are perceived, so at various points they will clam up about them if they're talking about them a lot, or say something like, "Well, my interests are stupid." Even if those things aren't really stupid and matter deeply to them. We got acquainted because I was a fan of her writing, and though she's extremely hesitant to talk about it, she always opens up when I'm vocal about my appreciation of it in a way that doesn't sound like I'm mindlessly praising her. I think the difference between EIIs and LIIs is that, while neither are "normal," being aware of this drives EIIs to try and act MORE normal so they don't get left behind (hence the documented trend of EIIs studying groups and individuals for a long time before allowing themselves into their midst) whereas LIIs have the opposite reaction, and don't even try to conform with society's expectations because they view doing so as beneath them and not worth the effort.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx