Thread: Ben Shapiro

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God. So many LIE's think they did it all themselves. Born on third base and think they hit a triple.

I remember a discussion I had in high school with the extremely liberal son of the owner of the city newspaper. He was kind of languid and hippy-dippy-ish, a pacifist and extremely smart. Both he and I were in a lot of advanced classes together. He ended up leaving the extremely profitable family business and running a non-profit organization that helped the poor in California.
    At the time, we were sitting on the stairs in the part of the high school that was frequented by the football players and the industrial arts students, and I was saying something massively stupid like "What's the point of having all the stupid people in society? Why not just let them fend for themselves? They'd all be dead in a few months. They're just freeloading off the efforts of the smart people."
    I, of course, was not in this doomed class by virtue of my hard earned efforts at being born a white male to a lawyer and a teacher in the US of A.

He just looked at me and said, "Someday, you might need their help." And I thought, "I can't imagine any scenario in the known universe where that would happen, but he's a smart guy and I should at least consider what he says."

I was, of course, massively wrong (and worse, I was stupid) as only an LIE-Te can be. Ben Shapiro seems a lot like my seventeen year old self. Why didn't he grow up? Is it the money he gets by shilling for the rich? Or the attention?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    God. So many LIE's think they did it all themselves. Born on third base and think they hit a triple.

I remember a discussion I had in high school with the extremely liberal son of the owner of the city newspaper. He was kind of languid and hippy-dippy-ish, a pacifist and extremely smart. Both he and I were in a lot of advanced classes together. He ended up leaving the extremely profitable family business and running a non-profit organization that helped the poor in California.
    At the time, we were sitting on the stairs in the part of the high school that was frequented by the football players and the industrial arts students, and I was saying something massively stupid like "What's the point of having all the stupid people in society? Why not just let them fend for themselves? They'd all be dead in a few months. They're just freeloading off the efforts of the smart people."
    I, of course, was not in this doomed class by virtue of my hard earned efforts at being born a white male to a lawyer and a teacher in the US of A.

He just looked at me and said, "Someday, you might need their help." And I thought, "I can't imagine any scenario in the known universe where that would happen, but he's a smart guy and I should at least consider what he says."

I was, of course, massively wrong (and worse, I was stupid) as only an LIE-Te can be. Ben Shapiro seems a lot like my seventeen year old self. Why didn't he grow up? Is it the money he gets by shilling for the rich? Or the attention?
    You're a very introspective person, especially for an LIE. I appreciate that about you. Your posts are always interesting to read.