TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'll give an example.

One day our phones went out because of electrical issues and the SLE coworker was asked to help with the phone system. When someone contributes their assistance I have a tendency to complement them by highlighting their efforts so I said (I'll change the name to BOB) "Wow, Bob look at you. You're the phone guy. Nice." What he did was instead of taking this as a compliment of his efforts he laughed saying "wow, Bob. ahahahah" I thought why won't you acknowledge my praise of you? LSE would feel pride, proud of this acknowledgement because they like the attention and being noted. He just ignored me and that made me feel unappreciated for having noticed him. As if it didn't matter. In this way conflict will build because after a while I won't get the feedback that I'm looking for.
    First let me say your new avatar is very pretty.

Ok, so I wondered about this because it sounds unlike SLE to dismiss praise unless they found it demeaning in some way. They kind of eat it up if you do it the right way. I just talked to an SLE and told him this as a hypothetical and asked why he would not respond positively to someone saying what you said.

He said the reasons he might not take it well would be tone of voice and whether or not he liked the person to begin with. Also he confirmed that he would not respond well if he thought it was demeaning calling him a phone guy if his skill set was above that. I asked him if that meant he would feel like his rank was lowered and he said yes. I don't know why I asked that but wasn't surprised by his answer.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    First let me say your new avatar is very pretty.

Ok, so I wondered about this because it sounds unlike SLE to dismiss praise unless they found it demeaning in some way. They kind of eat it up if you do it the right way. I just talked to an SLE and told him this as a hypothetical and asked why he would not respond positively to someone saying what you said.

He said the reasons he might not take it well would be tone of voice and whether or not he liked the person to begin with. Also he confirmed that he would not respond well if he thought it was demeaning calling him a phone guy if his skill set was above that. I asked him if that meant he would feel like his rank was lowered and he said yes. I don't know why I asked that but wasn't surprised by his answer.
    He did find it demeaning which I found astonishing. Yes my tone of voice was strange and I can't describe it. An LSE would say "right, you're complimenting me" they would get it. But he didn't and it makes it so hard for me to talk to him So hard
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    He did find it demeaning which I found astonishing. Yes my tone of voice was strange and I can't describe it. An LSE would say "right, you're complimenting me" they would get it. But he didn't and it makes it so hard for me to talk to him So hard
    Yeah don't waste your time on that. He probably decided he doesn't like you for something and will not respond well to you. I would just be civil to him and keep my distance if it wasn't work related. If he does something for you just leave it at "thank you". Otherwise he might hurt your feelings again.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW