View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 41.57%
  • No

26 29.21%
  • I'm not sure.

13 14.61%
  • It doesn't matter

13 14.61%

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@BandD nice post Your spiritual realms remind me of the Black and White lodges and the Red Room in Twin Peaks. In the UK it seems we are less religious and more pessimistic than the US. I think people here are secretly tolerant of people at the ‘bottom of society’ but only because they don’t have much hope for themselves either. I feel like we’ve reached a bit of a low point in recent years and could really do with a modernised centre-left party in power to lift everyone’s spirits. I used to hope for a left-wing party but I don’t think that’s where we are at the moment lol. We are also very class-conscious here. I’m hoping eventually people wake up to the fact that inequality has widened too far and realise we need to take better care of the sick and needy. I don’t think people here really want to live without the security of having access to basic rights, non-dependent on their success and losses in life. Also, I don’t think they really want to bring their children up in a soulless society that their children can’t believe in and learn from. We are still a privileged country after all and part of the luxury of privilege is being able to give back to society. Unless I’m wrong and it’s gonna get worse

Edit:

I realise I haven’t commented on the ‘bad’ or ‘weak’ in society. I guess I would consider a lot of these people under the umbrella of needy. Some people of course need to be locked away and we need infrastructure in place to protect people from the bad guys. But we also need to help people who’ve lost their way in life (lost their job, lost their partner, lost their mind or who are struggling to make ends meet and find peace). Some of these people might be judged as bad for ‘letting themselves’ end up in that position.

A little bit of support can go a long way if it is the right support and a person who feels supported is likely to do the same for someone else. I like to think that happy people find a way to be good people. But there are also lots of good people who aren’t happy. That’s where spiritual and psychological awareness can help and should be more central to society (doesn’t have to be religious but can be). This awareness can help them understand their value and self-worth.

I’m really rambling now and tired
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-31-2021 at 09:04 PM.