View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 41.57%
  • No

26 29.21%
  • I'm not sure.

13 14.61%
  • It doesn't matter

13 14.61%

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with god is that he has no weaknesses. It makes no sense to me for a magical being that is omnipotent, omniscient, and eternal, to somehow just pop into existence with such incredible traits built in. God is just an anthropological construct, wishful thinking. For those who have a feeling connection with God, such as Maritsa, why does God have to exist to form connection, values, and love? Why can't we just form such things on our own without a god?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    The problem with god is that he has no weaknesses. It makes no sense to me for a magical being that is omnipotent, omniscient, and eternal, to somehow just pop into existence with such incredible traits built in. God is just an anthropological construct, wishful thinking. For those who have a feeling connection with God, such as Maritsa, why does God have to exist to form connection, values, and love? Why can't we just form such things on our own without a god?
    Because if it is not in servitude to others, then it is in servitude to the self. God fills in the gaps, when you can't see who or how you're serving others.