View Poll Results: Do you believe in God?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 41.57%
  • No

26 29.21%
  • I'm not sure.

13 14.61%
  • It doesn't matter

13 14.61%

Thread: Do you believe in God?

Hybrid View

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Sure lots of them as concepts and for inspiration.

http://www.godchecker.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conceptions_of_God

Most people I know who are Christian believe in god because they were taught to. It was ingrained and they really can't explain why other than what they were taught. This is what I have determined based on conversations.

Incidentally, I have never dreamt of the Christian god even though I was raised Christian. I have however dreamt of the Christian Satan and demons on many occasions thanks to the focus on hell that I was exposed to in my search for "god" in the Christian faith. I even went the whole born again christian route even though I was baptized as Greek Orthodox. That really upset my mom for awhile but after years of disagreements on god she and I have agreed to let each other be. Primarily because she does not focus on the negatives like hell. she believes in a loving god who answers her prayers. I will never tell her I don't believe in god again because it hurts her feelings and I am not sure if I would call what I believe in "god". It is a universal multi-dimensional force of creation, for lack of a shorter term. I don't believe that force has any personal feelings or preferences in how creation evolves itself and has probably gone through many changes of forms even before there was what we now call the universe. IOW I don't know but I have ideas. It has no emotions and is not human in any way.
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-04-2016 at 07:15 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Most people I know who are Christian believe in god because they were taught to. It was ingrained and they really can't explain why other than what they were taught.
    I believe in God (I'm a christian) and it would be a huge stretch to call my upbringing nurturing in terms of religion. Still, I don't think I'll help with the whys. Grace. Sure, but it's not an explanation that's at all helpful in this case, I suppose.
    It feels true. Do you know Schiller's song "I feel you"? It's a lot like that. Even when I didn't believe in God, I still loved God. So hey, why fight it? ;>
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.