Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reasons duals fall out / split / encounter difficulties

TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People break up when they don't share the same love language.

We stop communicating, our values differ, we then disagree on them. When we are disagreeable the intimacy is lost, you feel detached. It spirals out in a fall.

• Goals differ
    • Goals for children differ
    • In law conflicts
    • Money management
    • Religious customs
    • Who works
    • Who manages the house
    • How much quality time with each other is spent

It's like anything else, nothing in common, no common ground, and estrangement.

Wait until you become mature, meaning you know yourself, and relationships form instinctually. You feel it is right.

That's all you can do in a gamble.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, I opened this thread thinking "That's an interesting title" and turns out I started it.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps allowing (negative) influences from media or social groups to cause you to doubt what you have, for whatever reason. A push for perfectionism and to aim for what is ideal, whatever you have decided that to be.

It was mentioned earlier on in this thread - "How do you know when you can’t do any better?", which would lead to a possibly endless search.
    That can be behind one person breaking a relationship off from another.

Stubbornly resisting your dual's offers/gestures to take on the workload that relates to your mobilising and suggestive functions.
    If you want to do it all yourself, you can be resisting to be cared for by them.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because they are people.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I've had a dual best friend before, but we had a fallout with each other. Anyway I've recently realised they were an EIE. They were very bubbly, the "life of the party", their laughter is often so loud it's able to ring through the entire room, and their speech is often filled with negativist statements, one of their favorite negativist phrases that they would use frequently is "Not bad" etc.

For a long time, I thought this person was my semi-dual, but I realised that duals would make more sense for our IR, because semi-duals would have difficulty closing the psychological distance as compared to duals, and it would be a lot harder to become best friends with a semi-dual than a dual.

With my EIE ex-friend, we actually became best friends pretty quickly, and we became best friends within the first few months we met each other.

But duals are also like from two different planets and they think very differently from each other. As much as we get along with each other, our differences eventually drove us apart and we eventually had a huge fallout and we went our separate ways forever.

Despite having fallen out with each other, I'll sometimes still reminisce over this friendship. This EIE is probably the one-and-only best friend I've ever had in my entire life. We were so close to each other that even when she was out on dates with some guy she will still text me to chit-chat with me during her date.

These days, I feel like I don't have a best friend anymore.

Although I've still had some other IEI and EII friends whom I was also pretty close friends with, but my friendship with them doesn't feel the same as the one I had with the EIE, I don't have a best friend anymore.

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    There's no evidence that duals have better relationships than other pairings.
    There's no evidence that there's no evidence
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CyclicalFreedom View Post
    Lmaooo

That's a good one. Haven't heard that response before. Pretty creative.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

A clever response would have been to present evidence for Socionics, else others will assume you don't have any.

The fact that none has been presented is very good evidence of this, in addition to there apparently being no organization running any scientifically rigorous investigation of sufficient scope and scale. That there has been no creation of a standardized instrument for Socionics rather gets in the way of this, aside from anything else.

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    A clever response would have been to present evidence for Socionics, else others will assume you don't have any.

The fact that none has been presented is very good evidence of this, in addition to there apparently being no organization running any scientifically rigorous investigation of sufficient scope and scale. That there has been no creation of a standardized instrument for Socionics rather gets in the way of this, aside from anything else.
    You know that absence of proof is no proof of absence right?
    You didn't ask for evidence for Socionics, you asked for evidence of duality being better. Socionics is an evidence. That's pretty obvious. The fact that there's a whole theory trying to explain relationships and puts duality as a holy grail of relationships is evidence, deal with it.
    You are just caught up in the fallacy of lack of evidence.
    Not gonna answer further arguments, cause this discussion is boring as hell. I'm not here for scientific knowledge.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You know that absence of proof is no proof of absence right?
    That's not applicable here, as Socionics has no standardized instrument, so no evidence can be collected of something that has not be adequately defined.

You didn't ask for evidence for Socionics, you asked for evidence of duality being better. Socionics is an evidence. That's pretty obvious. The fact that there's a whole theory trying to explain relationships and puts duality as a holy grail of relationships is evidence, deal with it.
    You are just caught up in the fallacy of lack of evidence.
    Not gonna answer further arguments, cause this discussion is boring as hell. I'm not here for scientific knowledge.
    Duality is a concept in Socionics. As Socionics has no standardized instrument even, there is necessarily an absence of evidence.

Socionics isn't a theory. It isn't even a hypothesis. To be a hypothesis, it must be an explanation of observed phenomena, but Socionics cannot be this, as the types have not been defined through a standardized instrument.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mistypings.

I'm joking but it can happen people will type someone they find attractive as a dual without other reason than attraction. Rose colored glasses can make a mess.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    Mistypings.

I'm joking but it can happen people will type someone they find attractive as a dual without other reason than attraction. Rose colored glasses can make a mess.
    Your point is extremly common. An ethical type with a new partner will be absolutely convinced that one is his or her dual. It's not like people evaluate things neutrally when they are in love. From a theoretical perspective, your dual is your opposite. You most likely don't even hang around in the same environment
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Each dual dyad has their specific flavor of splitting. Each dual program is different. It usually revolves around general personality deficits that you can see inherent in each type.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was with an ESI dual for just over three years. We were perfect sub-type matches, her ESI-Fi to my LIE-Te, and great enneagram matches, her e6 to my e8. But I just broke it off.

She liked me, and told me that she needed my help from time to time, and we were definitely sexually compatible, but she really didn't seem all that interested in being in a relationship. She just didn't reach out.

I'm not sure if she just wasn't alert to the fact that some people can be Duals. Plus, her mother and father were both Aphas. (Her father was a philandering ESE, and her mother was either LII or, possibly, LSI, her older sister was LSI and her older brother was SLI, so she was an all-alone Gamma in enemy territory. Her parents constantly criticized her, and that bent the twig pretty far.)
    She'd had two very unsuccessful marriages, the first to an SEE and the second to an LSI, so she had no idea what life with an LIE could be like, and didn't seem to be interested in (or capable of) finding out.

Oh, well.

Next!
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-03-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE H View Post
    if I happened to point out discrepancies in his logic he would accuse me of lying/making things up
    Inadequate and touchy behavior after criticism in strong region, more to say from that one who has that as weak region and should be trusted as being friendly - is doubtful.

"until you try to mentally fuck with me one too many times, and then I will create psychological hell for you to humble you"

Dual should acts in borders of your understanding for appropriate.

Such "duals" are doubtful to satisfy you.
    If you want to find good pair and have NF type indeed - you'd better felt people which fit to your understanding of being possible good friends for you. To correctly understand Jung type of surfacely known people can be harder approach for you.

Having this "open-minded, empathetic, and accepting" - tune to a human, imagine perceiving the world as him and such understand how good you feel being in such "mind joining". You should not feel in too alien state and too tired in it, - you should to feel significantly _better_ than in your common state, when you in such tuned mode.
    Subteigh recently said the idea that Socionics is better to not be used. When I see how it's often doubtfully used I agree with him. Try common, natural for you way. While to use logical models to understand people is natural for T types, especially TS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12