Thread: INTp Description by I/O

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am not sure why you see that as Fe valuing. In what way? It is true that the ILI I knew were very set on what they believed to be "truths" and defended their views by backing with lots of facts. It annoyed them when I would say things like facts are not truths or there are no facts. I was playing dirty on my part because I knew I could not win the debate. How they related to those facts I couldn't tell you and they are no longer around to ask.
    Strict adherence to the beliefs is Role Fi. The background of such is their valued Fe, their personal emotions that create their -Fi that they regularly display in society. Ti is the structural logic that they develope to try and validate their idiosyncratic emotions. The facts they use are usually numerous, but, as with all Ti, it starts with their personal feelings. The facts chosen are always done so in the servitude of the Ti that they have adopted. Facts can be logically ordered and structured into whatever is desired, but it doesn't necessarily make the logic "valid." If someone gives me a set of building blocks, I can say, Oh these are supposed to be a house, then build the house, and say, See I told you they should be a house. They could have been tons of things once constructed; the "it's a house" is a personal emotion. The logic is a ruse for the reality that it's a desire that happens to not be "normal" or able to be such compared to the average person. The deeper one goes into the minorities of LII, the more abnormal the emotions, and the deeper the Ti delves.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Strict adherence to the beliefs is Role Fi. The background of such is their valued Fe, their personal emotions that create their -Fi that they regularly display in society. Ti is the structural logic that they develope to try and validate their idiosyncratic emotions. The facts they use are usually numerous, but, as with all Ti, it starts with their personal feelings. The facts chosen are always done so in the servitude of the Ti that they have adopted. Facts can be logically ordered and structured into whatever is desired, but it doesn't necessarily make the logic "valid." If someone gives me a set of building blocks, I can say, Oh these are supposed to be a house, then build the house, and say, See I told you they should be a house. They could have been tons of things once constructed; the "it's a house" is a personal emotion. The logic is a ruse for the reality that it's a desire that happens to not be "normal" or able to be such compared to the average person. The deeper one goes into the minorities of LII, the more abnormal the emotions, and the deeper the Ti delves.
    They are quasi identicals so the lines are bound to blur. What do you mean by abnormal emotions? Is there such a thing as an abnormal emotion without psychological/emotional problems to begin with? I imagine anyone could snap under the right circumstances even if they have no mental or emotional health problems.

Like you said, translation of the functions are based in relation to what you have been exposed to? I am not willing to believe that only Role Fi has strict adherence to beliefs. It depends on the beliefs and what you consider strict.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    They are quasi identicals so the lines are bound to blur. What do you mean by abnormal emotions? Is there such a thing as an abnormal emotion without psychological/emotional problems to begin with? I imagine anyone could snap under the right circumstances even if they have no mental or emotional health problems.

Like you said, translation of the functions are based in relation to what you have been exposed to? I am not willing to believe that only Role Fi has strict adherence to beliefs. It depends on the beliefs and what you consider strict.
    Abnormal being lacking of norms, 1D. LII has abnormal negative emotions, which they use Ti- to reconstruct the structures of logic.

Role Fi is per dimensionality. They have loose, non-concrete belief systems that they adhere to, which are in service of their conscious Ti priority linked to unconscious Fe priority.

If you read the Strat articles on LII-ESE and ILI-SEE dualities, you can see practical examples of both.

In general, the difference is in the Mental/Vital, foreground/background. If someone is publicly speaking about beliefs, morality, logic, they're static types. Article I translated yesterday shows some of such via various dichotomies as well.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Abnormal being lacking of norms, 1D.
    I know what abnormal means. I asked what you personally see as abnormal emotions. If you grow up in a house full of extreme anger it can be your norm.

LII has abnormal negative emotions, which they use Ti- to reconstruct the structures of logic.

Role Fi is per dimensionality. They have loose, non-concrete belief systems that they adhere to, which are in service of their conscious Ti priority linked to unconscious Fe priority.
    Can you give me an example of this, in your own words, without using the term "Ti"? Like you are explaining it to someone who never heard of socionics. I am not dense but I am trying to get on the same page as you here.

If you read the Strat articles on LII-ESE and ILI-SEE dualities, you can see practical examples of both.
    Ok if I get a chance to but I would rather understand how you see it. It would be really time consuming if I read that trying to determine your perception of the example. I will probably have a different understanding of it than you do which will mean I still do not understand how you perceive it.

In general, the difference is in the Mental/Vital, foreground/background. If someone is publicly speaking about beliefs, morality, logic, they're static types. Article I translated yesterday shows some of such via various dichotomies as well.
    Well I don't believe I am a static type but now and then I share my beliefs publicly. I had a blog here until I felt over-exposed and misunderstood since my words were twisted to back up someone's opinion on my character so I made it private. I go through phases where I feel open when I don't know my audience but as I feel closer I get stage fright. I think it is because I could care less if strangers like me but as I spend more time around people I don't want one person's opinion influencing the opinion of people I do like.

Did you post your translation? That I would like to read.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW