View Poll Results: Christopher Walken's type?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

2 66.67%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 33.33%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Christopher Walken

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    This is a typing that has been practically become accepted (EIE) but that could be given more thought. My guess for him would be INTp.
    Walken is too adept at Fe to pass as Gamma, especially Fe polr (.i.e. INTp.) Nor do I hear any Te in his speech.

What I mean by too adept at Fe is, Walken's demeanor and voice easily convey various moods (drama, excitement, affection, wistfulness, etc,) which Fe polrs usually cannot. (Fe polr actors are thus pretty rare.)

Walken is not as expressive as some other EIEs. He's the Ni subtype.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you talking about? If he's especially renown for something, it's for his blunt, deadpan delivery. The way he articulates everything speaks of Te. He also seems kind of cranky. If he's not ILI he's LIE. Another option would be LII. I'm more inclined to think that his ignoring is Ti or Te, than Ni or Ne, and I'm pretty sure that he's an NT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes he's more vague and relaxed than a typical EIE. I don't know enough ENFj-Nis to say.. ENFj-Ni is possible. INTp is a hard sell, but not impossible.. given he is an actor and has developed his acting talent into his unique style, that may account for his expressiveness which is not really that strong. His 'thinking out loud' acting philosophy is a Ni take on acting if there ever was one. It's not an Fe take. Which way it goes depends on whether you interpret his expressiveness as conscious and developed or stemming from his type. He is not INFp, he is a dynamic type.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is ENFj not hard to sell? What makes this guy so extroverted then? He is subdued and quiet in most of his roles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YE_...embedded#at=86

This video shows him making several blunt Te-ish statements. "Don't suppose you could be tad more specific.", "Don't do that.", etc.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about walken is that he doesn't ever do all the animated stuff along with his environment. He does them on his own terms. He is a very independent kind of actor that way. I don't think it looks like Fe at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The thing about walken is that he doesn't ever do all the animated stuff along with his environment. He does them on his own terms. He is a very independent kind of actor that way. I don't think it looks like Fe at all.
    Correct. He always brings his own game.

More vids:

This one everybody should see before they die:

(the way he speaks is clearly Te)

Dailymotion - Christopher Walken 2003 interview - a Funny video

Notice how pissed off he gets (although he tries to hide it) when Conan comments on his hair. PoRL hit maybe? ( I think conan o'brien is IEE btw)
    Last edited by xkj220; 11-23-2009 at 08:30 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Addressing some things in the above posts about Walken being INTp:

* It sounds like xkj220 considers Socionics' extraversion = extroverted (socially.) In Socionics, "subdued" and "quiet" does not correlate to introversion--just as the opposite does not correlate to extroversion... I.e. Whether Walken appears "subdued" or "quiet" is not relevant to his Socionics type. (E.g. in Socionics, there are INTps who are more extroverted (socially) than ENFjs.)

In Socionics, all that EXXx denotes is that ones leading function is extroverted; likewise IXXx denotes one's is introverted. In other words, one must listen to WHAT one says, not nec. HOW one says it.

Sometimes it's tricky detecting whether one's leading function is introverted/extroverted; however, to someone well-versed, it's not very tricky to tell in one is "speaking" Te, Fe, Ti, etc. They all have their own particular ways of coming across--in what people talk express.

So when someone says, "I don't think he looks Fe..." (as above.) All that tells me is they're (erroneously) evaluating looks, not content.

In this case--even in the interview you posted, interview pt 2--Walken speaks of relationships/styles in the world of theatre, of funny accents he can do, of his upbringing, etc. He speaks of these easily and fluently, (i.e. without difficulty, as Te polrs, such as INTps/ISTps, usually do.) In Socionics, fluency in these topics connotes adroitness w Fe and Ni.

In that interview, there is nothing that Walken says that connotes or denotes skill with/interest in Te. (If you detect something, however, I'm interested to know what it is.) IMO, INTp is not the correct type. (In terms of IM elements expressed, INFp is much more likely than INTp.)

I'm writing this not to fight with you--I could care less what people here believe, and am no longer interested in persuading anyone... I'm trying to give an explanation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah you're right he is INTP-Ni. It's clear in those interviews.