Thread: Something I admire about Se egos

Hybrid View

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's not exclusive to Se egos, in fact it's more typical for Te egos, especially LSE's. But ExTx's can all be pushy in this way.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    That's not exclusive to Se egos, in fact it's more typical for Te egos, especially LSE's. But ExTx's can all be pushy in this way.
    What are your weaknesses?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I'll explain in more detail. To appear strong is to give the impression that one is capable in an area. For example an IEI who displays their intellectual prowess or an SLE who says they have to be the man. An SEE who looks for the qualified individual who can lead and is willing to strategize to get what they want. Do they appear vulnerable? Yes they can sometimes that is a part of the strategy sometimes it's how they look and sometimes it's the feelings that they can have for people they like.

LSE can't help being assholes sometimes by their grufness, harshness, grumpiness, but this is done without much thought as they may not have a filter when they speak. They want to appear as correct and right. Trust me they may say "no" to something firmly when they are wrong only to discover that they are wrong. They appear aggressive, put people down. Check @Sol has done this to me countless times. This may appear as strong or "alpha" and when in charge they too can push people to do the job. And they can be much colder than SLE in action towards people to the point where some don't have friends but only acquaintances.

When I said don't like presenting themselves as weak and incapable I meant putting their weaknesses forward by volunteering information. My SEE friend will use the strategy of presenting herself as the wealthy person to catch her mate. She doesn't need to disclose her savings account when she meets a cute guy. Another may brag about Idk what position of importance they have or how helpful and generous they are.

I have never dated an SLE who will say that they have bad knees. The don't sleep well at night, they have stomach issues etc. Those feelings of ailment don't seem to bother them as much or they can mentally work past them?

Generally will is one's mobilization but it can have display properties too. The magnanimous qualities. Sometimes it shows up in strategies

Tbh that's all too abstract. Doesn't everybody like to show they are capable in one area or the other, whichever is important to their ego? If I'm getting you correctly, displaying competency is supposed to be more important to Se valuers? If that's what you mean, than I disagree - for example, LII's will definitely try to show their competence to impress people. And so will plenty of other people.

Se valuing people supposedly present their weaknesses only in case when they need to "hook" their duals (or in other ways benefit from situation), and never otherwise? When they show their weaknesses it's always a strategy, but it's not so with Se-devaluing types? I don't think this division between Se- valuers and others holds water.

About SEE's being huge braggarts and materialists...definitely true for some, not at all for others. Just way too much variation within the type. I wouldn't say that's the defining characteristic of this type. And when you go as far as some of them only brag about being kind and generous lol, doesn't almost everybody brag about something? Humble SEE's with self-effacing kind of humor do exist. I find SEE's less materialistic then many ESE's for example, ESE's are the ones that are really image conscious, worrying about being seen as perfect in community. SEE's usually just like buying new gadgets so they can play with them like happy enthusiastic golden retrievers: )

What I see as Se "strength" in SEE's is that they are quite pushy . When they want you to do something/go somewhere they try to persuade you by all means and just don't give up. They can be very annoying and overwhelming when things don't go the way they imagined in that very second. They can also be brash and direct when needed, so they can offend people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What are your weaknesses?
    Do you mean at work? My personality?
    At work I'd say that I'm bad at physical and practical work - if some technology fails, I'm incapable to fix it, I'm bad at things like accounting, computers, engineering, anything natural science related...I also dislike working at jobs where I have to deal with finances or economics, so I choose different occupations where analytical thought and soft skills are important.
    My personal weaknesses that probably hold me back - being too proud and guarded, concerned with what people think of me. Easily infuriated and too aggressive when angry. Maybe also too idealistic about how worlds should be (nonproductive anger about how it's not the way I want it to be lol).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Tbh that's all too abstract. Doesn't everybody like to show they are capable in one area or the other, whichever is important to their ego? If I'm getting you correctly, displaying competency is supposed to be more important to Se valuers? If that's what you mean, than I disagree - for example, LII's will definitely try to show their competence to impress people. And so will plenty of other people.

Se valuing people supposedly present their weaknesses only in case when they need to "hook" their duals (or in other ways benefit from situation), and never otherwise? When they show their weaknesses it's always a strategy, but it's not so with Se-devaluing types? I don't think this division between Se- valuers and others holds water.

About SEE's being huge braggarts and materialists...definitely true for some, not at all for others. Just way too much variation within the type. I wouldn't say that's the defining characteristic of this type. And when you go as far as some of them only brag about being kind and generous lol, doesn't almost everybody brag about something? Humble SEE's with self-effacing kind of humor do exist. I find SEE's less materialistic then many ESE's for example, ESE's are the ones that are really image conscious, worrying about being seen as perfect in community. SEE's usually just like buying new gadgets so they can play with them like happy enthusiastic golden retrievers: )

What I see as Se "strength" in SEE's is that they are quite pushy . When they want you to do something/go somewhere they try to persuade you by all means and just don't give up. They can be very annoying and overwhelming when things don't go the way they imagined in that very second. They can also be brash and direct when needed, so they can offend people.

Do you mean at work? My personality?
    At work I'd say that I'm bad at physical and practical work - if some technology fails, I'm incapable to fix it, I'm bad at things like accounting, computers, engineering, anything natural science related...I also dislike working at jobs where I have to deal with finances or economics, so I choose different occupations where analytical thought and soft skills are important.
    My personal weaknesses that probably hold me back - being too proud and guarded, concerned with what people think of me. Easily infuriated and too aggressive when angry. Maybe also too idealistic about how worlds should be (nonproductive anger about how it's not the way I want it to be lol).
    I can scream when I'm extremely frustrated but I'm not aggressive. I like reading this
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html