Threaded View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Something I admire about Se egos

There's one thing in particular I admire about Se-egos, particularly SXEs, and that is their instinct to stick up for their own interests.

This is something I think about from time to time, now more than usual.

The most recent example just happened, and while it's minor I think it's telling of how weak Se often plays out in everyday ways: I placed an order for flowers to be delivered to my mother-in-law, whose birthday is Sunday, and I signed up for Saturday delivery since this florist is closed on Sundays. A few minutes after I'd confirmed the order, I received a phone call from the florist, who explained that they would be closed this weekend and asked if it would be alright to have the flowers delivered on Friday instead. I was frustrated and said a little impatiently, "It sounds like it has to be okay, if you're going to be closed Saturday." To which she responded that they would put in extra flowers to make it bigger and prettier than what I'd ordered. At which point I thanked her and joked that it was for my MiL, who is intimidating, and she laughed and said she understood.

I didn't even think of asking for anything in exchange for not getting exactly what I'd ordered; I just resigned myself to losing out in that small way.

The SXEs I know would, I'd expect, either cancel the order and go w someone else, or ask for something in return -- extra flowers or whatever -- in response, whereas I didn't even think of it and wouldn't receive anything to compensate for the inconvenience had the florist herself not offered.

I'm not sure there's much point to this post, other than to point out my observations and admiration. Maybe some of you Se folk can weigh in and give tips or something

It seems to me that SXEs are usually good deal-makers, and tend to know how to negotiate well due to their confidence in exactly what they bring to the table, and even willingness to talk up what they bring even if it is relatively little. I can only do this in small burts, it seems
    Last edited by SongOfSapphire; 02-18-2016 at 08:22 PM.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra