Thread: The earth is round

Threaded View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Well, the first thing everyone has to come to terms with is that we *all* have a "God" to which we offer our prayers and are willing to sacrifice both comfort and indeed our very lives for. Whether it be ideology or deity, we all have an entity in which we place an irrational "faith" into and vehemently stand for.
    Umm no... Atheists do not have a "God" to which they offer prayers to and are willing to sacrifice both comfort and their lives for. Sorry, but that argument is strictly of the theists.

while they sure has hell hate the notion of a "God" and see it as irrational like he does
    Atheists don't hate the notion of God..., they simply don't accept your claim that one exists.. Dislike of a God worshiped or in literature largely depends on the Character there of, regardless if we find them mythological. But you already knew this when trolling with your formal and informal logical fallacies.. What I find interesting is how dishonest so many theists are when they get into these discussions.., you can't seem to stop using fallacious arguments.

The more of a theist you are, the more likely you are to have faith in freedom (makes sense, Jesus supposedly "freed" us from sin if scripture holds true). The more atheist you are, the more you hate on freedom and insist that we need the State to regulate human behavior.

This is of course a load of crap.., and I beg to wonder what you call a theocracy.. Government is not an issue of religious position, especially when it is secular, and the irony of you saying that it is Atheists looking to govern every facet of human behavior while it is the Christians here in the US looking to subjugate and ban gays and lesbians with many calls to commit genocide against them is astounding to say the least. I will just leave this here as an example of how laughably dishonest and crank your argument is:

https://thejackelscolumn.wordpress.c...se-in-america/

https://www.facebook.com/KnowPolitical/videos/1110690185632339/
    http://www.yuricareport.com/Dominion...orationAct.htm

Such legislation would acknowledge that, quoting from, and following along from Theocracywatch.org :

Christianity’s God as the “sovereign source” of our laws. It would reach back in history and reverse all judicial decisions that have built a wall between church and state, and it would prohibit federal judges from making such
    The endeavor to and danger to our freedom’s are echoed in the words of Rev. Joseph Morecraft. He’s a pastor of the Reconstructionist Chalcedon Presbyterian Church in Marietta, Georgia. Yes another bible state wanting dominion theological rule. Morecraft describes explicitly how he views democracy as mob rule while stating that civil government is to:

“bring down the wrath of God to bear on all those who practice evil!””And how do you terrorize an evil doer?” he asked. “You enforce Biblical law!”

This is according to him:
    “to protect the church of Jesus Christ,”

“Nobody has the right to worship on this planet any other God than Jehovah. And therefore the state does not have the responsibility to defend anybody’s pseudo-right to worship an idol!” “There ain’t no such thing” as religious pluralism, “There has never been such a condition in the history of mankind. There is no such place now. There never will be.”
    To conclude I dare say our greatest threat facing us today is from within. It is not China or the terrorists in some far off land that pose such a danger in the here and now, it is the rise of the Christian Taliban, the fundamentalist Christian Nationalism sweeping across the Bible belt of America. And they don’t just want rule and control here, they want to spread this control and hold dominion over the rest of the world until their lord Jesus should return.. This to which is essentially indefinitely until our species goes extinct. These people are religious fanatical Narcissists bound and wrapped in Fascist elitism. And on that note I close with Randall Terry, Gary North, and Sinclair Lewis:
    Randall Terry:
    I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you. I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good… Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called on by God to conquer this country. We don’t want equal time. We don’t want pluralism.” Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue, in The News-Sentinel, Fort Wayne, Indiana 8/16/93
    Gary North:
    So let us be blunt about it: We must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government. Then they will be get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God.”
    .quoted in Albert J. Menendez, Visions of Reality:
    What Fundamentalist Schools Teach Prometheus Books, 1993
    Sinclair Lewis:
    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and waving a cross
    Most Atheists are not "Statetheists" they are secularists who support a secular government.. A government that is neither an Atheist state, or Fascist theocracy. And we all know that the most peaceful nations on Earth are secular...

I frequently say that stereotypes need to have a grain of truth within them to become established.
    Like theists using fallacy arguments and lying...?
    Last edited by TheJackal; 02-11-2016 at 09:16 AM.