TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Nope.
    Surely you have not found Proof at last?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Surely you have not found Proof at last?
    Do memories count as proof?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Do memories count as proof?
    They constitute evidence of the natural world, if nothing else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They constitute evidence of the natural world, if nothing else.
    Well, I remembered the first time at a young age, and I remembered the second time last month, if that's what you're asking.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well, I remembered the first time at a young age, and I remembered the second time last month, if that's what you're asking.
    I was asking if it was your belief, a proof, or merely a linguistic statement.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was asking if it was your belief, a proof, or merely a linguistic statement.
    I'd call it a clarification of a known detail. If you're capable of direct communication with me, you should assume it is independent of time or situation, but you should separate speaking and hearing. Just as we have one set of text yet others cannot hear, such is the case if we are both independently speaking to others.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'd call it a clarification of a known detail. If you're capable of direct communication with me, you should assume it is independent of time or situation, but you should separate speaking and hearing. Just as we have one set of text yet others cannot hear, such is the case if we are both independently speaking to others.
    Are you referring to the top you mentioned? If so, it would only be a clarification of a known detail for you, at best.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you referring to the top you mentioned? If so, it would only be a clarification of a known detail for you, at best.
    Not really. You're the one who questioned me. I stopped speaking to you and started speaking to someone else, that's all.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not really. You're the one who questioned me. I stopped speaking to you and started speaking to someone else, that's all.
    It depends on your point of view. I believe that an Essence of the Self always remains: I am still speaking to you, and you are still speaking to me, even if we are not who we were.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on your point of view. I believe that an Essence of the Self always remains: I am still speaking to you, and you are still speaking to me, even if we are not who we were.
    Won't be able to hear very well, and will be a lot of "HUH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?! GOPHERS DO WHAT NOW?!"s

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Won't be able to hear very well, and will be a lot of "HUH?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?! GOPHERS DO WHAT NOW?!"s
    You now seem to be very sure of What Is And What Should Never Be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You now seem to be very sure of What Is And What Should Never Be.
    We already agreed on that.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

We already agreed on that.
    We agreed that you are inconsistent? Does that mean that you also believe that the Earth is demonstrably spherical in shape, and that Jesus's views (as recorded in Scripture) are unethical?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We agreed that you are inconsistent? Does that mean that you also believe that the Earth is demonstrably spherical in shape, and that Jesus's views (as recorded in Scripture) are unethical?
    None of the above.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

None of the above.
    So then we agreed you are very sure of your beliefs, which are only your beliefs? Or, we did not agree that you are inconsistent, but agreed that you at that present time, you seemed sure? Or, by "we", you merely mean your tenses? Or perhaps you are not inconsistent because you are not you?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Force equals mass times acceleration. All objects accelerate uniformly towards the ground at -9.81 m/s sq due to the force of gravity. If the Earth were not round, then obejcts would not accelerate uniformly towards Earth's surface. Galileo first thought of the celestial objects travelling around the sun. A couple hundred years later, Newton figured out: objects in motion stay in motion and objects at rest stay at rest, unless either is acted upon by an unbalanced force. acceleration is directly proportional to force and inversly proportional to mass. Inertia is the tendency for mass to resist acceleration. Finally, for every action force there is an equal and opposite reaction force, or p=mv. All three laws only work on a spherical planet. Only spheres would rotate around the sun. All of every scrap of physics relies on a sphere planet. The formation of gravity wells can be demonstrated to produce spheres. Even drops of water floating is space eventually form perfect spheres when all applied and electromagnetic forces become balanced out. This isnt like live news, its like more then 500 years known. Lets say 4 generations a century, thats like 20 generations approx we have known about a round Earth. Your entire fucking modern existence relies on the fact the Earth is round.

Global positioning uses satellite to ground signals and trigonometry to triangulate radio signals and create line of sights between recievers. This takes into account the curve of the Earth.

Sailors first used constellations to navigate. They noticed that in some oceans the stars where different than the stars they were familiar with. Later they used those stars to create coordinates of latitude. Only possible on a round Earth.

Northern and southern lights are caused by rotating currents of molten mantle, only possible on a sphere Earth.

Atmospheric weather and oceans currents, only possible on a round Earth. Hurricanes, only possible on a round Earth.

The list just goes fucking on and on.

Finally, definitivley, undeniably, irrefutably, we have seen the shape of the fucker with our own eyes from space. Its a sphere.

You are an american, so the ignorance can be excused. Look at who you are about to elect as president.

edit: Im just kidding by the way.
    Last edited by wacey; 02-29-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then we agreed you are very sure of your beliefs, which are only your beliefs? Or, we did not agree that you are inconsistent, but agreed that you at that present time, you seemed sure? Or, by "we", you merely mean your tenses? Or perhaps you are not inconsistent because you are not you?
    That's where it stopped. I have different influences than yourself.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's where it stopped. I have different influences than yourself.
    You are the reigning champion of begging the question

13352755-first-prize-gold-rosette.jpg

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    You are the reigning champion of begging the question

13352755-first-prize-gold-rosette.jpg

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Force equals mass times acceleration. All objects accelerate uniformly towards the ground at -9.81 m/s sq due to the force of gravity. If the Earth were not round, then obejcts would not accelerate uniformly towards Earth's surface. Galileo first thought of the celestial objects travelling around the sun. A couple hundred years later, Newton figured out: objects in motion stay in motion and objects at rest stay at rest, unless either is acted upon by an unbalanced force. acceleration is directly proportional to force and inversly proportional to mass. Inertia is the tendency for mass to resist acceleration. Finally, for every action force there is an equal and opposite reaction force, or p=mv. All three laws only work on a spherical planet. Only spheres would rotate around the sun. All of every scrap of physics relies on a sphere planet. The formation of gravity wells can be demonstrated to produce spheres. Even drops of water floating is space eventually form perfect spheres when all applied and electromagnetic forces become balanced out. This isnt like live news, its like more then 500 years known. Lets say 4 generations a century, thats like 20 generations approx we have known about a round Earth. Your entire fucking modern existence relies on the fact the Earth is round.
    And yet, serious scientists [whose livelihood does not depend on NASA or the federal government or a university] are questioning this openly. They question gravity and a lot of those physics things. My questions don't come from there but other things.

Global positioning uses satellite to ground signals and trigonometry to triangulate radio signals and create line of sights between receivers. This takes into account the curve of the Earth.
    I really don't think satellites exist at ALL.

Just looking around over my lifetime, the amount of radio towers visible on the landscape has increased exponentially. So when flat earth proponents say satellites aren't necessary for our communications, I find that believable. There are youtube videos on there not being satellites, and its interesting. One video pointed out these satellite companies are always being bought and sold, or going in and out of business. Because, I think this applies: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." People want to invest in the future, so they will give to these satellite start-ups. Then they never get back... Also they pointed out those satellite TV companies have it written in their contracts that you cannot give back your satellite when you are done - you are contractually responsible to dispose of the ugly useless hunk of junk... And did you know that the satellite signal is the SLOWEST signal, by far?

Well the following starts off-topic, but I will veer back on the topic.

Connecticut, which I am new to, has a large economic disparity. NYC wealthy have their other homes in the Berkshires, so there is serious wealth around here, which you can see in the beautiful, charming, historic and unique houses set on beautiful land - very, very beautiful settings. It became clear to me recently when I finally checked out one of the charming local antiques shops, as I was looking for a small bedside table, but I did not have several thousand dollars to spend on a bitty bedside table - and that's what they go for in the shops here. (I haven't figured out where the "regular folk" antique shops are yet). Mixed in - I should say "surrounding" - with the many very wealthy are tons of regular folk doing the regular work, usually working long days for long years. In the local obituaries, it seems many spent their entire lives working in factories. Except for those that ran them - then the obituary displays a life of wealth and privilege.

So from my observation, the regular folk around here work hard for a living. Particularly those without a lot of post high school education or training often accept staying stuck in unrewarding jobs for years. I met my neighbor's mother, who takes care of her children while she was at work. In our earlier brief conversations she mentioned that while other people don't like to work, she LOVED working while raising her kids. Now, I had not heard this before. I know of nurses and teachers who were glad to work because of the income it brought their family but it made them tired balancing both so they never sang the praises of it. And this woman primarily was a single Mom, because her husbands (2) were no help at all. I'm pretty sure she had no college education. So something didn't fit with what else I had seen and observed. So one day she was talking longer, and was more relaxed, so I asked her about where she worked, as she liked working so much, and she beamed saying it was a Satellite company, and that they did government work. Oh, okay! Government work explains the satisfactory salary and work hours and benefits... and satellite - yes, excitement is how they get everyone on board - they are doing IMPORTANT "up and coming" work... So we talked of this some, and I said, "These companies usually get sold" and she said, 'Yes! It got sold"...

In the same way, it must be exciting and make you feel important to be a low level worker at NASA (as well as paying well, and nice work conditions - you feel privileged)...

Sailors first used constellations to navigate. They noticed that in some oceans the stars where different than the stars they were familiar with. Later they used those stars to create coordinates of latitude. Only possible on a round Earth.

Northern and southern lights are caused by rotating currents of molten mantle, only possible on a sphere Earth.
    These are the explanations you have been given, consistently in your life, so I see how it seems these are the only answers since they are the only ones you were taught, and saw in the media, and movies. But I am finding that the flat earth explanations given for these things make better sense, and the explanations we have been taught make no sense at all. Like this Eric Dubay one I watched tonight:
    The artist perspective is easy for me to grasp. Yes, the spreading rays of the sun just do NOT make sense for a billions of miles away sun. And the crazily speeding earth makes no sense, and so many things! Many of which are well-explained there, and there are so many aspects of the accepted model that make NO sense. Two things that never made sense to me all my life was why we see the same side of the moon all the time if our earth is spinning crazily (while it spins slowly?) -- Yeah, I have heard the "sychronous rotation" explanation which is full of holes, as to make no sense at all, as is explained above. Also, the consistent perfect movement of the stars around the one and same North Star - they just do NOT make sense in the solar system idea, and never did, which is why they left the stars out of the fake-Apollo moon landing movie set photos - that starless black sky! - but they do make sense on a flat, still earth. In fact, they ONLY make sense that way.

Yes, it sounds crazy to take flat earth seriously when we have been taught ball-earth it since kindergarten. But I just decided to investigate it one day, right close to the time I started this thread. Like within a week or two. I wanted to gape at the things those crazy people would make up to support the crazy flat earth idea. But I did not expect the things to make sense, and for their explanations to answer questions I thought were unanswerable. As I read and look at videos (there are all kinds of videos out there so some discernment is necessary - but looking at the number of views helps) I see more and more things that make it all make sense. So, I am beginning to take this seriously, and without trying,k this is the worldview that makes sense now. It was hard at first because its not easy to have your world view changed. But above all i want to believe what is true. And I think this is. A bonus is I am liking the idea of "the firmament above" and "the ends of the earth" being an actual things, and not just poetic phrases that makes NO sense. And an electric sun, that is a sphere, with a diameter of 32 miles, located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth... that makes sense with what we see and experience. And the northern lights having to do with the firmament above... yes. And I like our close sun and moon, like it was made just for us. The stars, too...

Atmospheric weather and oceans currents, only possible on a round Earth. Hurricanes, only possible on a round Earth.
    Well, really, that's just the model you've always been taught. But there IS another model, and it DOES make sense...

Oh, and the molten earth core - that's an unsupportable idea. I saw a really excellent video on that. I wish I could find it. If I do I will post it. The Russians that spent some years drilling down the earth's crust - that was interesting. You'd have think it woudl have gotten hot, but, instead, the further down they got the more WATER they found...

The list just goes fucking on and on.

Finally, definitivley, undeniably, irrefutably, we have seen the shape of the fucker with our own eyes from space. Its a sphere.
    There are no pictures of earth from space, because there is no outer space that anyone has seen. (Ever wonder why they send rockets NOT straight up? Because they know they cannot go straight up, because they tried that and learned in the 50s. The hit the firmament above. Rockets are set over on the water's edge, and they just fly in an arc, which time-lapse photos prove.) What you see of the beautiful blue marble in the star-less space is ARTWORK. Photoshop.
    https://ronmamita.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=918&h=718
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r9979i2FsJ...25282%2529.jpg

You are an american, so the ignorance can be excused. Look at who you are about to elect as president.

edit: I'm just kidding by the way.
    No, we really aren't "all that" over here in the USA. Look who we already elected as current president. And before that, and etc. Who knows who we are going to "elect" but it won't be anyone to be proud of. We never get a real choice, IMO. We only get the idea that we choose. But I think its all fixed, like all governments. My husband and I disagree on this, as he has dual citizenship and has a thing for the British monarchy... but I think there is a LOT wrong there, too... But when scripture speaks of "The Prince of this World", it is not talking about an angel...

Anyway, they governments of the world may seem to be at each other but they can do work together in perfect unity when they want to. The Antarctic Treaty just makes no sense with our understanding of how governments run.

My colleagues from teaching were all at the end of their careers as I began mine and the disparity in our retirement tiers was huge. Theirs was really excellent and they are mostly retired now, with really excellent retirement packages like none of us will ever see, so now they can live very comfortably and travel the world. I remember one telling me her news, that she and her daughter had gone to the Antarctica. Now why would anyone do that? Just to see penguins? Which you can see in the zoo? I asked her this and did not understand her explanations. That it was a GREAT PRIVILEGE to go there. You have to be chosen in a lottery to go because only so many people can go a year. There are MANY rules. They are international LAW, you can't take pictures at certain times, you can't have too much fuel on board or even extra FOOD as you near it. None of these crazy rules made any sense for approaching a frozen island at the bottom of the world. But now I see the mysteries of the antarctic abound. You can't get a direct flight there from anywhere. The mysteries of the Antarctic Treaty are really interesting to see on the internet, when you are not watching what they want you to think about the Antarctic "island". The inconsistencies and mysteries are profound, but are explained easily with the flat earth theory.

And I am not posting this to argue over it. I don't want to argue with Jackal at all. I am fine with us disagreeing. I am not trying to convince anyone. I don't want to argue with anyone particularly not now with this great weather. I watch a flat earth video in the evening from time to time on my TV but I do not want to spend this great weather on the computer and I really have stuff I have to get done, and arguing is not how I want to use time. I just think this topic really really interesting, so I am sharing my interest, for the interested, and for those not threatened to research opposing points of view.

I also wonder what some LII's might think of it, too, being Holographic-Panoramic thinkers like me. For that matter, ESI's too, and SLE's... I emailed my very smart INTj about this, and she only commented that she was in the Concord, more than once I think, and in the cockpit once, and it looked curved from there to her... I could not find online commentary on that, as not too many got this privilege, so i do not know if the cockpit window was fisheye or if one's MIND is tells one its curved (as people will say the horizon looks curved over the ocean - but they didn't hold up a ruler) - but I have read that as that clear flat horizon was unable to be hid even with the very teeny-tiny passengers windows they had on the Concord, its probably why they grounded it that high-flyer. And I just saw this:
    Another video, short one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzNj7LXQXg

NASA's photoshop art depicting the "dark side of the moon", only of course, they are presenting thier hoax as a reality, and once again, we see the starless sky...Hmm - how real does this look??http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/40/10/67.../1024x1024.jpg

Still flat earth model with sun and moon : https://quranite.com/wp-content/uplo...Flat_earth.jpg
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    And yet, serious scientists [whose livelihood does not depend on NASA or the federal government or a university] are questioning this openly. They question gravity and a lot of those physics things. My questions don't come from there but other things.

I really don't think satellites exist at ALL.

Just looking around over my lifetime, the amount of radio towers visible on the landscape has increased exponentially. So when flat earth proponents say satellites aren't necessary for our communications, I find that believable. There are youtube videos on there not being satellites, and its interesting. One video pointed out these satellite companies are always being bought and sold, or going in and out of business. Because, I think this applies: "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." People want to invest in the future, so they will give to these satellite start-ups. Then they never get back... Also they pointed out those satellite TV companies have it written in their contracts that you cannot give back your satellite when you are done - you are contractually responsible to dispose of the ugly useless hunk of junk... And did you know that the satellite signal is the SLOWEST signal, by far?

Well the following starts off-topic, but I will veer back on the topic.

Connecticut, which I am new to, has a large economic disparity. NYC wealthy have their other homes in the Berkshires, so there is serious wealth around here, which you can see in the beautiful, charming, historic and unique houses set on beautiful land - very, very beautiful settings. It became clear to me recently when I finally checked out one of the charming local antiques shops, as I was looking for a small bedside table, but I did not have several thousand dollars to spend on a bitty bedside table - and that's what they go for in the shops here. (I haven't figured out where the "regular folk" antique shops are yet). Mixed in - I should say "surrounding" - with the many very wealthy are tons of regular folk doing the regular work, usually working long days for long years. In the local obituaries, it seems many spent their entire lives working in factories. Except for those that ran them - then the obituary displays a life of wealth and privilege.

So from my observation, the regular folk around here work hard for a living. Particularly those without a lot of post high school education or training often accept staying stuck in unrewarding jobs for years. I met my neighbor's mother, who takes care of her children while she was at work. In our earlier brief conversations she mentioned that while other people don't like to work, she LOVED working while raising her kids. Now, I had not heard this before. I know of nurses and teachers who were glad to work because of the income it brought their family but it made them tired balancing both so they never sang the praises of it. And this woman primarily was a single Mom, because her husbands (2) were no help at all. I'm pretty sure she had no college education. So something didn't fit with what else I had seen and observed. So one day she was talking longer, and was more relaxed, so I asked her about where she worked, as she liked working so much, and she beamed saying it was a Satellite company, and that they did government work. Oh, okay! Government work explains the satisfactory salary and work hours and benefits... and satellite - yes, excitement is how they get everyone on board - they are doing IMPORTANT "up and coming" work... So we talked of this some, and I said, "These companies usually get sold" and she said, 'Yes! It got sold"...

In the same way, it must be exciting and make you feel important to be a low level worker at NASA (as well as paying well, and nice work conditions - you feel privileged)...

These are the explanations you have been given, consistently in your life, so I see how it seems these are the only answers since they are the only ones you were taught, and saw in the media, and movies. But I am finding that the flat earth explanations given for these things make better sense, and the explanations we have been taught make no sense at all. Like this Eric Dubay one I watched tonight:
    The artist perspective is easy for me to grasp. Yes, the spreading rays of the sun just do NOT make sense for a billions of miles away sun. And the crazily speeding earth makes no sense, and so many things! Many of which are well-explained there, and there are so many aspects of the accepted model that make NO sense. Two things that never made sense to me all my life was why we see the same side of the moon all the time if our earth is spinning crazily (while it spins slowly?) -- Yeah, I have heard the "sychronous rotation" explanation which is full of holes, as to make no sense at all, as is explained above. Also, the consistent perfect movement of the stars around the one and same North Star - they just do NOT make sense in the solar system idea, and never did, which is why they left the stars out of the fake-Apollo moon landing movie set photos - that starless black sky! - but they do make sense on a flat, still earth. In fact, they ONLY make sense that way.

Yes, it sounds crazy to take flat earth seriously when we have been taught ball-earth it since kindergarten. But I just decided to investigate it one day, right close to the time I started this thread. Like within a week or two. I wanted to gape at the things those crazy people would make up to support the crazy flat earth idea. But I did not expect the things to make sense, and for their explanations to answer questions I thought were unanswerable. As I read and look at videos (there are all kinds of videos out there so some discernment is necessary - but looking at the number of views helps) I see more and more things that make it all make sense. So, I am beginning to take this seriously, and without trying,k this is the worldview that makes sense now. It was hard at first because its not easy to have your world view changed. But above all i want to believe what is true. And I think this is. A bonus is I am liking the idea of "the firmament above" and "the ends of the earth" being an actual things, and not just poetic phrases that makes NO sense. And an electric sun, that is a sphere, with a diameter of 32 miles, located approximately 3000 miles above the surface of the earth... that makes sense with what we see and experience. And the northern lights having to do with the firmament above... yes. And I like our close sun and moon, like it was made just for us. The stars, too...

Well, really, that's just the model you've always been taught. But there IS another model, and it DOES make sense...

Oh, and the molten earth core - that's an unsupportable idea. I saw a really excellent video on that. I wish I could find it. If I do I will post it. The Russians that spent some years drilling down the earth's crust - that was interesting. You'd have think it woudl have gotten hot, but, instead, the further down they got the more WATER they found...

There are no pictures of earth from space, because there is no outer space that anyone has seen. (Ever wonder why they send rockets NOT straight up? Because they know they cannot go straight up, because they tried that and learned in the 50s. The hit the firmament above. Rockets are set over on the water's edge, and they just fly in an arc, which time-lapse photos prove.) What you see of the beautiful blue marble in the star-less space is ARTWORK. Photoshop.
    https://ronmamita.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=918&h=718
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r9979i2FsJ...25282%2529.jpg

No, we really aren't "all that" over here in the USA. Look who we already elected as current president. And before that, and etc. Who knows who we are going to "elect" but it won't be anyone to be proud of. We never get a real choice, IMO. We only get the idea that we choose. But I think its all fixed, like all governments. My husband and I disagree on this, as he has dual citizenship and has a thing for the British monarchy... but I think there is a LOT wrong there, too... But when scripture speaks of "The Prince of this World", it is not talking about an angel...

Anyway, they governments of the world may seem to be at each other but they can do work together in perfect unity when they want to. The Antarctic Treaty just makes no sense with our understanding of how governments run.

My colleagues from teaching were all at the end of their careers as I began mine and the disparity in our retirement tiers was huge. Theirs was really excellent and they are mostly retired now, with really excellent retirement packages like none of us will ever see, so now they can live very comfortably and travel the world. I remember one telling me her news, that she and her daughter had gone to the Antarctica. Now why would anyone do that? Just to see penguins? Which you can see in the zoo? I asked her this and did not understand her explanations. That it was a GREAT PRIVILEGE to go there. You have to be chosen in a lottery to go because only so many people can go a year. There are MANY rules. They are international LAW, you can't take pictures at certain times, you can't have too much fuel on board or even extra FOOD as you near it. None of these crazy rules made any sense for approaching a frozen island at the bottom of the world. But now I see the mysteries of the antarctic abound. You can't get a direct flight there from anywhere. The mysteries of the Antarctic Treaty are really interesting to see on the internet, when you are not watching what they want you to think about the Antarctic "island". The inconsistencies and mysteries are profound, but are explained easily with the flat earth theory.

And I am not posting this to argue over it. I don't want to argue with Jackal at all. I am fine with us disagreeing. I am not trying to convince anyone. I don't want to argue with anyone particularly not now with this great weather. I watch a flat earth video in the evening from time to time on my TV but I do not want to spend this great weather on the computer and I really have stuff I have to get done, and arguing is not how I want to use time. I just think this topic really really interesting, so I am sharing my interest, for the interested, and for those not threatened to research opposing points of view.

I also wonder what some LII's might think of it, too, being Holographic-Panoramic thinkers like me. For that matter, ESI's too, and SLE's... I emailed my very smart INTj about this, and she only commented that she was in the Concord, more than once I think, and in the cockpit once, and it looked curved from there to her... I could not find online commentary on that, as not too many got this privilege, so i do not know if the cockpit window was fisheye or if one's MIND is tells one its curved (as people will say the horizon looks curved over the ocean - but they didn't hold up a ruler) - but I have read that as that clear flat horizon was unable to be hid even with the very teeny-tiny passengers windows they had on the Concord, its probably why they grounded it that high-flyer. And I just saw this:
    Another video, short one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuzNj7LXQXg

NASA's photoshop art depicting the "dark side of the moon", only of course, they are presenting thier hoax as a reality, and once again, we see the starless sky...Hmm - how real does this look??http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/40/10/67.../1024x1024.jpg

Still flat earth model with sun and moon : https://quranite.com/wp-content/uplo...Flat_earth.jpg

you are wasting your time and your life. And responding to you would be wasting my time as well.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ps, you are a wing nut.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pps. You can believe whatever you want that is a fundumental human right and it is your perogative.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pps. You can believe whatever you want that is a fundamental human right and it is your prerogative.
    Amen to that. I hope you don't think I was trying to convince you... I really don't care what shape people think the earth is.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen to that. I hope you don't think I was trying to convince you... I really don't care what shape people think the earth is.
    Don't worry about it, I don't listen to the crazies in the park neither.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default L@@K!

5 minute video:

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More on the moon...

15 min.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The physics of water prove flat earth.

Yes, what you see cannot be denied... I watched this last night:

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@inumbra, I skimmed the videos... the first three are poor arguments as their points are all clearly discussed in those videos I posted.... like the marines correcting their bullets for earth curvature - not true. But yes, lots of people will say, "I know someone who is a marine and they say its true" but that's not enough for me. They WANT to believe their friend, or freind of a freind, is an authority... Also, the toilet flushing directions of the northern and southern "hemisphere" and the same said of the hurricanes. Just not true. They go in all directions. Anyway, those first three videos add nothing new to the discussion actually. The Bill Nye - I am no fan, and I do not expect to respect his opinion. He mixes truth with fiction (or, theory he sells as truth). The last one - I skimmed through several sections and it seems to repeat a lot of the good *(and irrefutable) flat earth arguments.

Bill Nye's in this (most images or videos I try to post here ion 16T won't post, so I will give link:https://planetruthblog.files.wordpre...emes-78-11.jpg

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread yet, but this coincides with something I was just reading the other day. I've been reading about UFOs, one thing led to another, and I ended up reading about Admiral Byrd flying over the north pole. There is a 'secret diary' which I believe is fake (it has a different writing style with lots of multiple exclamation points!!!!!!! which is written in the style of a novel) where 'Admiral Byrd' allegedly visited the opening to the Hollow Earth and was visited by alien beings with swastikas on their flying saucers.

And I have the same attitude as the OP, which is, that this might be an 'inconvenient truth.' If the truth is true, if it is what it is, we have to accept it, no matter how strange it is. I actually don't believe this particular thing is true, not wholeheartedly, but I am able to hear such things and tolerate the uncertainty of not really knowing for sure, and just letting it remain uncertain.

So many people are struggling just to get by, just to pay the mortgage and the college loans, that they don't have enough free time or money to go on long distance adventures, but they would love to if they could. Millions of people would love to have the freedom to just go travel to the poles of the earth to explore them. The fact that we can even have a serious discussion about 'hollow earth' or 'flat earth' and even think to ourselves, for one moment, that it could possibly be true, indicates that millions and millions of people are too impoverished to go see for themselves. It tells us something is wrong with society.

I like the idea that there might be something really weird out there that I have never seen before. I have 'xenophilia.' I love things that are strange and bizarre. That's why I'd love to explore if I could, to see new landscapes, new plants and animals, new geology, everything different from what I know.

Whenever we can't do this ourselves, we have to rely on trustworthy people to tell us the truth. If fewer and fewer people can actually afford to go fly over the poles of the earth, then we have only a tiny number of people who we're relying on to tell us how it is. The fewer people there are who are doing it, the easier it is to corrupt those people, to somehow make them untrustworthy, to make them liars, to threaten them and prevent them from telling the truth. I've also been watching videos of astronauts and former CIA agents and that kind of thing who disclose things that they've seen and experienced. It's possible to block the truth about something for a very, very long time, and I know because I've seen other truths that have been blocked from common knowledge.

I remember a few years ago, New Orleans was wiped out by a flood during a storm, when the ocean came over the levee (as predicted!). It would have been possible for someone to simply not realize that New Orleans had been destroyed, if, say, they were never watching the news during that time period. Someone could have gone down there and said, 'Oh my god! What happened?' But we have the television and all that to tell us that something happened, something that people have a strong emotional reaction about, something everyone would want to know about.

I can't even tell you for sure that the next town down the street from me still exists, because I haven't been there for a while to see for myself. But the people around me tend to express their emotional reactions and talk about things that are of interest, and somebody would have told me if the next town had been wiped off the map by a nuclear blast when I wasn't looking.

But there are so few people traveling over the poles or going into outer space that we just don't know for sure if they will tell us everything we would want to know. And I know from long, bitter experience that it is indeed possible to prevent the truth about reality from getting into common knowledge.

I have reasons why I like the idea that there's something really strange about the world - it gives me hope that something might change or improve, or that someone's going to help us - maybe there are powerful, benign aliens who really do wish that we'd take good care of our environment and sooner or later they're going to swoop down and fix everything.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

like the marines correcting their bullets for earth curvature - not true.
    Correct, because the Coriolis effect has nothing to do with the Earth's curvature and everything to do with the Earth's rotation. You have no clue what you're talking about, everything about your use of language betrays your profound ignorance about everything.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They went to the moon bud, just stop.