Thread: Typing spreadsheet old discussions (2011-14)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's up with this? Can I add my list?

What would be really optimal is a good web app where you can make an account, see a list of commonly typed users / users with high post counts / active users, and input your typings through a nice GUI, manually entering the names if necessary. You could obviously extend this to celebrity typings too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post

What would be really optimal is a good web app where you can make an account, see a list of commonly typed users / users with high post counts / active users, and input your typings through a nice GUI, manually entering the names if necessary. You could obviously extend this to celebrity typings too.
    we need to find some Si-ego that will actually make it happen

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post

You know what, this could be the perfect excuse for me to learn web-programming.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, this could be the perfect excuse for me to learn web-programming.
    hehe, i'm well acquainted with these kind of excuses. Typologically speaking..they are Emotivism>Constructivism and...Merry>Serious.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have built my share of web services/apps in various languages and it's pretty easy. It's probably easiest to make it just a plugin tho connected to the vbulletin db using the existing account info. I'm not a expert with vbulletin yet, but I'll get there.

I don't have time for this right now with other things in the works, but it's definitely something I'm willing to help with.

Creepy-male

Lol I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be able to be the curator of this, I got the ball rolling but I'm much more busy than I'd anticipated...

We could use a reliable curator

We could also use a few people with ideas on how to improve it, and maybe a few people can analyze the data.

Anyone interested in being the curator?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saved the typesheet once before and did some stuff on it a long long time ago, but then the typings came absolutely roaring in and the sheet was outdated

I know there's an easy way to process the data as far as computer programming goes, and there's a lot of ways I want to interpret the data; unfortunately, I'm bad with computers

A cutoff point for Round One of the typing analysis sounds good to me... maybe September 15? The list could be saved as of then, and then be standardized, analyzed, all of that good stuff... it's a nice big list...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question. Am I the only person who sees that the rows and columns are not lined up properly? And, when you're editing a particular cell, the little highlighted line around the cell is in a strange position, like, not actually in line where it is supposed to be?

This might be something that's only happening in my browser. I'm just having to be extremely careful not to put something into the wrong cell. I'm going to try looking at it in internet explorer instead of Opera, and maybe it will be lined up there.

Never mind, it's the browser, not a real problem. I just have to use Internet Explorer instead.