Thread: Typing spreadsheet old discussions (2011-14)

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    stuff like "is an ass" will be considered a "unique typing" I will include these in statistic reports....
    Awesome!
    =p

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not much of a security fix, but what if we made a usergroup and posted the link in that so only people invited into that group could see it? It would at least prevent randoms who just made an account from getting on there and would narrow the pool of people who could vandalize it.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Noob question here... can anyone guide me as to how to edit the sheet in the first place?

How do I not make it read-only?
    It's not a noob question at all. It seems to have been made read-only for now.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    It's not much of a security fix, but what if we made a usergroup and posted the link in that so only people invited into that group could see it? It would at least prevent randoms who just made an account from getting on there and would narrow the pool of people who could vandalize it.
    Google Documents already allows private editing. I'd much rather prefer the document to be open though. Even if we do have to deal with the occasional vandalism.

Now that the book is pretty well filled out and everyone has downloaded the latest copy, restoring vandalized pages shouldn't be a problem. Anyone new who wants to contribute, will have to be responsible for backing up their own typings though.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Creepy-male

If someone creates the group I'll post the link in

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, i managed to edit my list just seconds before it became noneditable

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Could someone with editing permission help change my typing of Maritsa? I typed Maritsa as Absurd. Somebody switched my typing of Maritsa with I think, aestrivex's EII. lol.
    i didn't list maritsa as anything and if i did it wouldn't be EII. i have noticed several instances of bad data in my column that probably should belong to a different column. i have no idea why.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post
    Could someone with editing permission help change my typing of Maritsa? I typed Maritsa as Absurd. Somebody switched my typing of Maritsa with I think, aestrivex's EII. lol.
    i didn't list maritsa as anything and if i did it wouldn't be EII. i have noticed several instances of bad data in my column that probably should belong to a different column. i have no idea why.
    That happened to me too

A lot of the data repairs went a bit off due to being just one line off here and there, and things snowballed from there; I've made something of a hidden Google Doc to put things into, though I forgot to hand out all the keys to the batcave because I've been trying to bring all the data together and I never reached a stopping point...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Creepy-male

its under my name, so I'll look into it, for now I'm not touching the thing till this evening

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are you laughing at cunt ?