Thread: Typing spreadsheet old discussions (2011-14)

Hybrid View

Creepy-male

I saved a local copy as well....

I'm working on a universal translator, so I can standardize your formats via a script in excel.

For example ILE, ENTp, Ne-ENTp, Ti-ENTp etc etc etc will all be read as an 1 bin for ILE typing

INXj will be read as 0.5 bin for LII and 0.5 bin for EII

stuff like "is an ass" will be considered a "unique typing" I will include these in statistic reports....

this will probably be the first step in automating a quick method of getting insight from this giant matrix.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INXj will be read as 0.5 bin for LII and 0.5 bin for EII
    Great. I'm gonna include my half-typings too.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    stuff like "is an ass" will be considered a "unique typing" I will include these in statistic reports....
    Awesome!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Awesome!
    =p

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not much of a security fix, but what if we made a usergroup and posted the link in that so only people invited into that group could see it? It would at least prevent randoms who just made an account from getting on there and would narrow the pool of people who could vandalize it.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Noob question here... can anyone guide me as to how to edit the sheet in the first place?

How do I not make it read-only?
    It's not a noob question at all. It seems to have been made read-only for now.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    It's not much of a security fix, but what if we made a usergroup and posted the link in that so only people invited into that group could see it? It would at least prevent randoms who just made an account from getting on there and would narrow the pool of people who could vandalize it.
    Google Documents already allows private editing. I'd much rather prefer the document to be open though. Even if we do have to deal with the occasional vandalism.

Now that the book is pretty well filled out and everyone has downloaded the latest copy, restoring vandalized pages shouldn't be a problem. Anyone new who wants to contribute, will have to be responsible for backing up their own typings though.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

Creepy-male

If someone creates the group I'll post the link in

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, i managed to edit my list just seconds before it became noneditable

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Could someone with editing permission help change my typing of Maritsa? I typed Maritsa as Absurd. Somebody switched my typing of Maritsa with I think, aestrivex's EII. lol.
    i didn't list maritsa as anything and if i did it wouldn't be EII. i have noticed several instances of bad data in my column that probably should belong to a different column. i have no idea why.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aestrivex View Post
    Could someone with editing permission help change my typing of Maritsa? I typed Maritsa as Absurd. Somebody switched my typing of Maritsa with I think, aestrivex's EII. lol.
    i didn't list maritsa as anything and if i did it wouldn't be EII. i have noticed several instances of bad data in my column that probably should belong to a different column. i have no idea why.
    That happened to me too

A lot of the data repairs went a bit off due to being just one line off here and there, and things snowballed from there; I've made something of a hidden Google Doc to put things into, though I forgot to hand out all the keys to the batcave because I've been trying to bring all the data together and I never reached a stopping point...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Creepy-male

its under my name, so I'll look into it, for now I'm not touching the thing till this evening

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are you laughing at cunt ?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got typed Fe ego by someone. Seriously?

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    You typed yourself Fe-ego at one point.

I'm colour-coding by degree of certainty - green = pretty sure, yellow = somewhat sure, red = wild guess.
    cool.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    You typed yourself Fe-ego at one point.
    But obviously it's not serious if I was only trying it on for size. I think everyone tries on different types because the definitions are all haywire, and when wondering if I was IEI I didn't think any descriptions of Fe or Beta even fit me, just the filatova imaginative style of description to Ni. Am I actually IEI or is it just a joke typing?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who the fuck fucked the spreadshit again ?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I saved a .csv copy of it locally, minutes before the last nuke (one happened an hr before that too). I can re-upload it back to normal again. But it's pointless to do so until some sort of controls are in place to prevent this, because they're not going to stop.
    Oh I see, well whoever did that is as sharp as a beach ball.

Creepy-male

I saved a .csv copy of it locally, minutes before the last nuke (one happened an hr before that too). I can re-upload it back to normal again. But it's pointless to do so until some sort of controls are in place to prevent this, because they're not going to stop.
    I think we out number them, but regardless if you have an idea for controls please let me know, I'll probably save a copy at least everyday and especially when significant progress is made, some info may be lost, but most of it will be intact regardless of the attacks.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How will you face Indiana CPig when he's back from the wilderness?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOW DO I EDIT THIS
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU CAN'T
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob question here... can anyone guide me as to how to edit the sheet in the first place?

How do I not make it read-only?
    언제나.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my self-typing isn't SEI. I don't really have a self-typing. I alternate in my mind and so any self-typing I may say at any time is only at that time and then it changes to something else or to nothing at all. And currently it is nothing at all.

I'm just saying this because I couldn't edit the list (and I feel misrepresented as a human being and that nobody understands me, wah). But really I feel sad about not having a self-typing and that's why I try to have one sometimes. So perhaps if my self-typing is SEI then at least there is one. But I feel a better self-typing for me would be: AFEOFJAOIEFLASDKFJSAKGJASOGA

(PS: I like the idea of all of this.)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyways, I've saved the list as of 7:26 AM (in Ohio), August 8, 2011; I'm manually going over the types to standardize their presentation to make it possible for a script to run them easier! If my efforts don't help, then I'll still try to keep grinding on through this monster; don't know if I'll be able to, but I'll be more done than before...

Of course, there will and should be versions of the list past that point in time, so keep on going

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is becoming a one big joke, the spreadshit looks like candy plus, haha, what happened to "consensus" ? Sank like the titanic, I guess.

Creepy-male

I found this a little interesting in terms of a social experiment, people weren't capable of handling the free and open format, eventually the majority started equilibriating towards a secure and closed format.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this a little interesting in terms of a social experiment, people weren't capable of handling the free and open format, eventually the majority started equilibriating towards a secure and closed format.
    A bit ironic that Ashton was the one to impose structure.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH WELL I GUESS I WAS JUST LYING

YEAH

MAKES SENSE
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, the only disadvantage of a closed project is that the inviter may not always be around, or people will be too lazy with the process. Neither of those are significant enough compared to the pointlessness of tediously and repeatedly giving input only to have it vandalized so easily, when all that can be prevented by simple exclusion.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Frankly, the only disadvantage of a closed project is that the inviter may not always be around, or people will be too lazy with the process. Neither of those are significant enough compared to the pointlessness of tediously and repeatedly giving input only to have it vandalized so easily, when all that can be prevented by simple exclusion.
    Closed projects take energy by some sort of administrator to keep them alive, the moment the administration quits the thing falls apart. If the administration stays up to take care of basic day to day details it is usually successful.

Open projects don't require energy of some administrator to keep them alive, and thus have an easier time existing in the absence of an explicit administrator. Although they have a large chance of failing due to apathy of the community or exploitation from outside powers.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Hi,

I am too dumb for spreadsheets and Google Docs. Please someone add my Enemagram (lol) self-typing as 5w6 sx/sp or whatever Ashton says.

Thanks in advance,
    "Indiana" CPig
    (wtf, ineffable?)

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Anyways, I've saved the list as of 7:26 AM (in Ohio), August 8, 2011; I'm manually going over the types to standardize their presentation to make it possible for a script to run them easier! If my efforts don't help, then I'll still try to keep grinding on through this monster; don't know if I'll be able to, but I'll be more done than before...

Of course, there will and should be versions of the list past that point in time, so keep on going
    August 8, 2011, 7:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time typing list (raw)
    August 8, 2011, 7:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time typing list (standardized)

The raw list is exactly that - a raw list.

The standardized list has all typings in three letter format. The flavor typings have been omitted in that version so that the data could be crunched automatically somehow...

If, for instance, each type was assigned a number like this...

...then every integer between 1 and 65535 would specifically correspond to one and only one combination of types in such a way that all possible combinations are covered.

The problem, though, is that subtypes are involved, as are arrangements like "ILE>IEE", where one type is at least strongly implied to carry more weight than another; the former could be fixed by simply growing the math-monster, but the latter... uuggh...

I'm either going to try to shit out some massive amounts of here to get it to work, or I'm just gonna rawdog the whole damn list manually; I know there's an "easier" way to do all of this, and if I can't find it... all I know is that I'm gonna go forward one way or another...

P.S. I used the lists in Ashton's batcave; they've been more stable, so I went with those ones
    Last edited by woofwoofl; 08-09-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: my brain is running out of mojo

Creepy-male

The standardized list has all typings in three letter format. The flavor typings have been omitted in that version so that the data could be crunched automatically somehow...

...then every integer between 1 and 65535 would specifically correspond to one and only one combination of types in such a way that all possible combinations are covered.

The problem, though, is that subtypes are involved, as are arrangements like "ILE>IEE", where one type is at least strongly implied to carry more weight than another; the former could be fixed by simply growing the math-monster, but the latter... uuggh...

I'm either going to try to shit out some massive amounts of here to get it to work, or I'm just gonna rawdog the whole damn list manually; I know there's an "easier" way to do all of this, and if I can't find it... all I know is that I'm gonna go forward one way or another...

P.S. I used the lists in Ashton's batcave; they've been more stable, so I went with those ones
    Lol I'm just going to write a vba module to loop through all the columns, paste them into a single column as strings, remove duplicates then move them around intelligently into groups/domains, after which I'll set up a matrix that has one column for a standardized nomenclature, and 16 other columns that gives a certain type a weight 0 to 1 with a sum of 1. So someone using "alpha" will have all alpha types with weight 0.25.

I'll use this table/matrix as an index to lookup wieghtings when doing statistical calculations.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol I'm just going to write a vba module to loop through all the columns, paste them into a single column as strings, remove duplicates then move them around intelligently into groups/domains, after which I'll set up a matrix that has one column for a standardized nomenclature, and 16 other columns that gives a certain type a weight 0 to 1 with a sum of 1. So someone using "alpha" will have all alpha types with weight 0.25.

I'll use this table/matrix as an index to lookup wieghtings when doing statistical calculations.
    Awesome!

As far as weightings are concerned, I started doing things by going that route, and the open-ended typings wobbled up the results severely once I got to Airborne and Aiss (I didn't exactly make it far )...

There's lots of really loose typings afoot, sometimes to the point of having 12 out of the 16 types chosen as a possibility. Open-ended typings are great to have, and due to their nature, should probably be less of a deciding factor towards the end results. Having 16 of 16 types equally chosen and explicitly stated as such would weight each type with 0.0625 of a vote for every type; having 0 of 16 types equally chosen and explicitly stated as such would weight each type with 0.0000 of a vote for each type. The following should correct all of this:

if:
    X = raw typing value
    Y = weighted typing value

then:
    Y = (16/15)X - 1/15

Gonna make a table to show how this all goes down:

If nothing else, could such a thing be included in addition to the raw data weights and the results brought on by them?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    I hate you all.
    That's not what you said the other night.

Sounds like someone got to find out the Colonel's secret special blend of spices

Anyone got any pics?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody seems to notice, so I just want to tell you that you can now give everybody an Enneagram typing. It's a seperate sheet in the "restricted" spreadsheet.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer