I still don't really understand the difference between limerence and an intense crush, because it just sounds like the same thing to me. I also kinda didn't like how the author seemed to be making lots of assumptions.

"Just cause I can't go on, just cause I die when you're gone....don't let it go to your head." those are the feelings I have when I'm in love. Thanks, Fefe Dobson.

But yeah, though I know that is a cheesy pop song to Te valuers- it just makes me think that's what love is. I mean like... when around everybody else/society, you just kinda feel dead inside, another cog- but with that person, you are flying up in the sky with them. You get excited to see them and want to fuck them romantically. Fireworks, streamers, and gay disney music. You just feel good around their presence and you feel like you cannot help it no matter how hard you try.

Feelings can change though. One sentence can collapse all of the dream and you're left feeling meh about the person. It is this elusive, finicky thing... can only be held up and sustained if all the right variables are in place. My feelings about ppl can change really easily, if they say a sentence I really don't like- and mean it strongly. For most people it's really stable and real world boring-ish, because there are things I like/dislike in them pretty equally. It only makes me feel like floating if the positive outweighs the negativity but that's rare.