Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I'm not sure what to make of that blog entry. I've experienced something like limerance several times but in most cases it was a pretty innocent crush sort of thing that lasted for weeks or months and then either fizzled out as I lost interest or smoothed into something more comfortable as a relationship formed. It did drive me crazy once. I would definitely describe myself as preoccupied during that time (and more secure now). Eventually I came to hate them. I can't imagine dealing with that for eight years.
Thats funny because in my case I could never see it forming into a grounded relationship. It was always longing, always pinning for this unobtainable, perfect, person.

Yeah eight years lol. I was in 7th grade so hormones. He was an intelligent, mischievous, smoothtalker. How could I not fall for that? Although, I think what really did it was the eyebrows

After a while it gets exhausting. I wanted to get off the rollercoasster. I just saw him at a party actually and felt nothing so.... I think were good.

Preoccupied attatchment would be a longing for intimacty and anxious about making sure the relationship stays intact right? That would make sense if you were jumping from crush to crush looking for intimacy, then you found it and it drove you up the wall and now you hate them. Yes? No? Im reading too much into it? Lol