And how that changed your understanding of the world, if it did at all.

I was thinking about this earlier. I think Se being really important (my mom and dad, being ESE and ESI, both exhibited Se, but never MEAN ESE except when punishing us) did not even register with me until starting public school in the third grade (before that, I was homeschooled). There was a girl who sat by me everyday on the bus. Then, her family moved to a different house a few blocks away, and she started getting on at the stop before mine. We were almost dead last on the route, so by the time I got on, there were only two or three seats left. She convinced a few of the older kids to block them, forcing me to beg for a spot when I got on. At first, this was just annoying--by the end of the week, I remember being really depressed about it whenever the bus arrived. Our bus driver couldn't be bothered to deal with it, and finally, I mentioned it to my mom and she spoke to the girl's mother, but this only egged her on. I asked another kid, "Don't you think what she's doing is mean?" And his response was something like, "Yeah, but it's hilarious."

Eventually, I started getting up early and walking to one of the stops before hers. I still remember her name, though the idea of someone pulling anything like that with me now makes me laugh. I think the only time someone's Se really scared me in recent years was when my SEE brother was on drugs and thought I was stealing from him, and threatened to start breaking all my stuff until I gave him his drugs back, but that wasn't "normal" Se.