User Tag List

Thread: Helloooo :) ENFp from all over here!!

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Helloooo :) ENFp from all over here!!

Hello, y'all! My name is Connor, I'm from.... well, I guess the USA? I was born in Arizona before moving all around and then finally settling in the south. I'm a Mormon. Life is a fun adventure! I'm new to this forum but not to Socionics. I like chinese food... I speak Spanish... I'm attending a university right now... I like.... food.... and writing. Mostly just making friends! lol. My friend got me into Socionics about three or four years ago? She's an ENFp too. Basically since then I've been secretly typing everyone around me. It's really fun! I look forward to learning more from all y'all

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi there
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

welcome

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As there is often mistyping, would be good to see your video-interview to check your type.

In case you don't know the situation. Everyone with anyone has real match < 50%. By real I mean when they don't know beforhand opinions of others. While when they know, a conformism acts and match becomes higher.

> I look forward to learning more from all y'all

There is many bullshit you may learn too. One of this is Reinin's dichotomies. Other important is mentioned massive wrong typings, including opinions about own types. So don't trust much to what you may hear here and on other typology sources.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Conorrrr, I am ENFp too. Like some others here, I do not have a video interview or a pic posted here (yet) since I endeavor to have some internet privacy (not sure how successful I am). At any rate, VI is a great way to identify types with Socionics but not the only way. I guess, or confirm other's self-typing for myself here on the forum, people whom I have never met or seen a pic of, just by the "voice" and personality that comes through their writing. But we ENFp's have a knack for that seemingly random quick intuitive guess that is accurate. (Not that I can type everyone - far from it).

As to religion, I was raised mainline Protestant, had a conversion Born-Again experience in college that turned my life to Christ, then I was Evangelical Protestant for all my young adult life, a wonderful experience for me, and then - surprise to me (since I never wanted to be), converted to Catholic (which began at my serious attempt to disprove the church's claims that it is one true Church founded by Jesus).

Just explaining my religious path.

I lived in the south, TX, to be specific, when I was first married. It seems to me the main religion in the south is Baptist and other Evangelical Protestantism, so, I wonder, having lived around the country a lot as you say, what's it like being Mormon in the south compared to other places you have lived?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp-IEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha!! Yay! Another ENFp! I'm still trying to figure out my personal level of internet privacy, too, so I'm not sure I'll post a video or pictures just yet, haha. I have some crazy people in my past I would rather avoid, lol. Yeah, there are definitely a lot of baptists in the south! I've had a few negative experiences involving other religions - I'm grateful to live in a place where I don't feel like I have to defend my beliefs as much, because I feel like a lot of the same standards I have other people still reasonably maintain. Good people are everywhere if you look hard enough to find them. To tell you the truth, although I'm an ENFp I do struggle to make friends sometimes, that's for sure. I can't seem to find many Delta around :/ I think part of that might just be my family moved around so constantly I never really had a place to find people and grow up around them. It made it hard. Also, my past was pretty messed up, too, and I've had to battle a bit with recovery from abuse and things like that, which have given me some trust problems, haha. But I have a lot of empathy for people that have faced struggles. I'm no longer living in the south, right now I'm attending a school in the mountain west. I like it here, too!! Working on healing and becoming a better person everyday, and hoping to figure out how to start a relationship with an ISTp girl hahahaha