Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
Maritsa, I love this pic! You both look very happy and connected. You, of course I have no doubt are INFj. You not only appear so but more importantly to me, you have all the characteristics. And though I do not consider myself great at VI, I am not thinking ESTj at all for your sweetheart. On VI alone, my thought is ExFx.

But also from bits you have said here, he never sounds to have the marks of LSEs I know. I don't see you describing that constant drive to work and accomplish, that juggling of overtime hours with seemingly insatiable appetite for more and more productive work, more involved projects, hobbies and occupations, which is the LSE stand-out thing I see in my LSE brother and also a longtime LSE (woman) friend. However, he looks kind and protective - I like that - and its good for you.

If he were not your Dual, but some other compatible type, then, why not? I can think of many good, true long-lasting, happy, fulfilling marriages (my parents are one) that are non-Dual. Commitment, effort and of course love and attraction can make anything work - even Conflictors! Though that might be the hardest.

Yet, even the difficult Conflictor relations can work. I know three longtime conflictor-couples (in each case, married, with children) who are making it work great, even though its been a rocky road at times. (Two are femaleESTj w/ maleINTp, one is female INFj w/ male ESTp) I think their long history of holding it together in hard times is making them want to stick with what they invested in. Certainly commitment to marriage vows, so no affairs*, makes a huge difference in these couples, too. They have built something with hard work and endurance, and they do have some good times to recall, too. And their children are blessed.

* ALL six of the spouses in these three couples had families of origin where their parents were true to each other - longtime, happy marriages of rock-solid commitment. I think it helps in hard times to have grown up with that example. Because if one decides to seek happiness elsewhere in unhappy times, its a LOT harder later to heal the rift and stay together.

_

P.S. I am not seeing ESTp in his VI! (phew!)