Thread: Reinin Dichotomies: Obstinate vs. Yielding

Hybrid View

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yielding/obstinate is really hard to explain. I'll come up with a question that makes it clear, if indirectly, though. It's about focus on means vs. ends somehow though, not money or hobbies or whatever. I'm also not sure if the concept of "more yielding/obstinate" is relevant, just like asking whether a lark or an owl is more of a bird is not relevant. It's about prototypicality, not degrees of membership.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Yielding/obstinate is really hard to explain. I'll come up with a question that makes it clear, if indirectly, though. It's about focus on means vs. ends somehow though, not money or hobbies or whatever. I'm also not sure if the concept of "more yielding/obstinate" is relevant, just like asking whether a lark or an owl is more of a bird is not relevant. It's about prototypicality, not degrees of membership.
    well they way they put it it makes it seem like yielding/obstinate are reactions to that which affects their sphere of ownership, and people aren't programmede to only perform one reaction in the same degree of intensity, someone who is Yielding might eventually feel the need to stand by their interests when they are threatened enough. But yeah I really don't understand this.