Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Hybrid View

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DELL View Post
    Duality sounds like it would be most appealing to Gamma NT:
    Maximum benefit, minimum long term risk...
    It doesn't/ wouldn't surprise me that the idea of duality becomes less appealing, as you move away from these functions..
    I guess it would depend if [gamma NT] considers [couple] as a benefit.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phi View Post
    Since I value peace, harmony, mutual support and interesting days, I generally do consider duality to be beneficial. Today I was working with a male ESI in another company and we get along great, better than I could hope for, in fact, since we have a common goal and complementary skills.

However, not all duals are great for you. I know a female ESI who works in a University and is incredibly hard to get along with. Even her duals don't like her.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Since I value peace, harmony, mutual support and interesting days, I generally do consider duality to be beneficial. Today I was working with a male ESI in another company and we get along great, better than I could hope for, in fact, since we have a common goal and complementary skills.

However, not all duals are great for you. I know a female ESI who works in a University and is incredibly hard to get along with. Even her duals don't like her.
    Most peeps value those, at least in words.
    Enjoy the duals you've got around I guess...

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

That fact is why I maintain that a given type has to not be traumatized in some significant way in order for these theories to work out like they're supposed to. Her duals don't like her because, ESI she may be, she's broken to a point they honestly don't think they can fix without risking something they'd rather not (e.g. their very lives perhaps). Her full story is likely tragic and one could probably understand how she became the way she is now if they somehow knew it, but pity is a poor foundation for a relationship (especially a romantic one) and if the girl is setting off the self-preservation alarms than yeah, might be drawn to it, but gonna have to pass on that one. Better to live to love another day, than to love today and be dead tomorrow...

TIM
    maybe iee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phi View Post
    Theoritically they should *generally* base any decision more using their prefered *rational* criteria than other types, but nothing says that individuals can't learn and grow, and develop their other preferences...

I'm strictly speaking in general terms, and comparing to other types, that have a different decision making process