Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    And I was aware you didn't, my exact point is that it should be more conscious development than what Socionics talks about.

Disagreed on "much better", without the conscious development this isn't all that true in my experience - also I'm not really talking about competency in the skills directly where your brain has weaknesses, but more like, becoming aware and then finding ways to make up for the issues.
    If you don't speak spanish, but you live in a house for 1 year with someone who speaks spanish, you will pick up on words, consciously and unconsciously, just by living with them. You will be much better with spanish then you ever were before you lived with the person, consciously and unconsciously.

I see the same with our areas of weakness and exposure to people who are good in those areas. I don't think it's magic, but just picking up behaviors or habits of others that serve to help your issues. Subconsciously collecting tools for your tools box to deal with situations that require them.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    If you don't speak spanish, but you live in a house for 1 year with someone who speaks spanish, you will pick up on words, consciously and unconsciously, just by living with them. You will be much better with spanish then you ever were before you lived with the person, consciously and unconsciously.

I see the same with our areas of weakness and exposure to people who are good in those areas. I don't think it's magic, but just picking up behaviors or habits of others that serve to help your issues. Subconsciously collecting tools for your tools box to deal with situations that require them.
    That Spanish knowledge if you do not try to consciously work on it at the same time isn't gonna do much beyond basics, which I did say before that some basics can be picked up this way

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    That Spanish knowledge if you do not try to consciously work on it at the same time isn't gonna do much beyond basics, which I did say before that some basics can be picked up this way
    Well yea I'm just talking basics.