Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    (Note: I'm not talking about socionics duality. More in general than that about undeveloped areas of weaknesses/developed areas of strengths)

Doesn't bc you just don't pay conscious attention unless you already know where you need to do that

As for subconsciously picking it up - you do pick up some but not all that much since they take care of mostof it themselves right?

Errrr noooo lol

Only if you pay conscious attention painstakingly and even then it's not gonna be an emulation... it's gonna be just you learning more to handle it with your normal approaches, besides picking up some basics here and there

It's good to have understanding of those things so you can navigate stuff better with your normal approaches but trying to emulate directly is going to backfire most likely

So all in all:

1. Know yourself, what you can do, and what you can't and shouldn't force yourself to try to do
    2. Know other people too and interpersonal dynamics with them vs you, too
    3. Do focus on the undeveloped parts a bit too to integrate that sort of stuff into your conscious understanding so you will do what you can do even better
    4. For that a "dual" (not Socionics dual) works to show more on that stuff but only if you already try to develop your stuff consciously, also other approaches of self-development work, therapy, other approaches, just in general talking to / working with other people by being overall well integrated in society, etc.
    Nah, I think dual or anybody with strengths in your weaknesses give you examples on how to be better at those weak areas. I think a dual does it more in a way that you can actually understand and consciously practice, not to the same degree of course. And they operate in your suggestive areas after all.

To use the dimensions as an example, with PoLRs and suggestive you have a one dimensional view of it but other types help you get a more multi-dimensional view of those areas. But coming from other types it's harder to understand while from dual or activity it's easier to practice.

I'm only aware of the subconscious affect other types have had on me because I know typology, but even other types have subconsciously affected my use in the PoLR, suggestive and mobilizing, dual or not, but dual advice actually slides into my mind (and affirms subconscious thoughts) while other's advice have to get past more psychological obstacles. Most of the time when I use my weaker functions I'm copying some subconscious example when doing so even if it's not a real person and just a youtube video or TV. It's like my subconscious is scraping for any data I have that will benefit my situation without discrimination if it's real or fictional. And sometimes these emulations are so subconscious I don't know where they came from until I think about it.

I also notice that I copy habits of my SLI dad when dealing with similar situations, that could just be family or it could be IE influence that family just bought me tons of exposure to. In certain situations I've even emulated my SLE relative's behaviors, way before I knew socionics, because I was placed in a similar situation. And none of this was conscious. I could only notice looking back and feeling weird about it.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Nah, I think dual or anybody with strengths in your weaknesses give you examples on how to be better at those weak areas. I think a dual does it more in a way that you can actually understand and consciously practice, not to the same degree of course. And they operate in your suggestive areas after all.

To use the dimensions as an example, with PoLRs and suggestive you have a one dimensional view of it but other types help you get a more multi-dimensional view of those areas. But coming from other types it's harder to understand while from dual or activity it's easier to practice.

I'm only aware of the subconscious affect other types have had on me because I know typology, but even other types have subconsciously affected my use in the PoLR, suggestive and mobilizing, dual or not, but dual advice actually slides into my mind (and affirms subconscious thoughts) while other's advice have to get past more psychological obstacles. Most of the time when I use my weaker functions I'm copying some subconscious example when doing so even if it's not a real person and just a youtube video or TV. It's like my subconscious is scraping for any data I have that will benefit my situation without discrimination if it's real or fictional. And sometimes these emulations are so subconscious I don't know where they came from until I think about it.

I also notice that I copy habits of my SLI dad when dealing with similar situations, that could just be family or it could be IE influence that family just bought me tons of exposure to. In certain situations I've even emulated my SLE relative's behaviors, way before I knew socionics, because I was placed in a similar situation. And none of this was conscious. I could only notice looking back and feeling weird about it.
    My point was it will only be conscious if you pay attention to self-growth and the like. And without paying attention it's not going to be enough

Anyway I never saw anyone whose advice would just slide into my mind heh (good thing), and my openness to stuff would depend on more factors anyway.... I agree family is a factor too, for example

Instead of just a dual, just be enough of a part of society and be in contact with enough people.

Not commenting on the rest, too much socionics-speak for me, sorry

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Lord Pixel; 08-30-2019 at 06:12 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't copy a dual beyond basics, because they're an inverted version of you. It's like asking an inverted triangle to flip back rightside up, and pretend to be a normal triangle, but in human form. Just imagine asking Singu to copy me, for instance. Or Aylen, or anyone else who you type IEI. Do you see that happening? Lol

It's going to be way easier to copy relations like activity because they match your strengths and image more.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You can't copy a dual beyond basics, because they're an inverted version of you. It's like asking an inverted triangle to flip back rightside up, and pretend to be a normal triangle, but in human form. Just imagine asking Singu to copy me, for instance. Or Aylen, or anyone else who you type IEI. Do you see that happening? Lol

It's going to be way easier to copy relations like activity because they match your strengths and image more.
    I agree beyond basics it'll probably put way too much stress on your psyche, but yea your subconscious will pick up basics. And yea I agree it's easier to emulate activity because the gap between mobilizing and suggestive is more in reach.

And I can see it happening, probably a very immature and very shallow imitation of you though. But I still think we emulate duals or activity subconsciously, and don't even realize it until we look back.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree beyond basics it'll probably put way too much stress on your psyche, but yea your subconscious will pick up basics. And yea I agree it's easier to emulate activity because the gap between mobilizing and suggestive is more in reach.

And I can see it happening, probably a very immature and very shallow imitation of you though. But I still think we emulate duals or activity subconsciously, and don't even realize it until we look back.
    Sure. I was thinking about some of the other posts in here, and I was also thinking that it's also more likely in passive brief interactions with duals that more than giving you basics to emulate, you just benefit from little bits of their energy (needed weak IE info) being in your environment and supplied to you. Same with interactions with other non-duals, in small amounts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Sure. I was thinking about some of the other posts in here, and I was also thinking that it's also more likely in passive brief interactions with duals that more than giving you basics to emulate, you just benefit from little bits of their energy (needed weak IE info) being in your environment and supplied to you.
    duals are people with some functions stronger than at you . you have the same functions but lesser consciouse
    when you interact with duals - you pay more attention to your weak functions and this makes them as more consciouse and more active. this makes you wiser in those regions and may add to energy feeling. it's when those weak functions are valued for you. when those are superego - you become wiser there, but also may get depressive, anxiety and exhaustion symptoms. mb as you need additionally to switch to different mode to process nonvalued functions and it's hard for psyche. my experience with conflictors - I feel tired after them in RL and may feel higher doubts without good reasons