Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Threaded View

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Well this is exactly what sucks about duality and life in general. Even though duality has the most potential that does not mean it is the easiest to start, in fact it is one of the more difficult type of relationships to start. This is largely due to duals being in opposite clubs, in which one's dual is mixed in with their superegos/conflictors which may cause to someone to make the mistake of believing it is best to avoid members of their opposite club altogether. The other reason for this is that duals are unlikely to meet because their fields of activity are very distant from one another. For example, an NT may spend most of his time on the internet while an SF would be doing things like going to community events. Even when you do manage to get into close contact with your dual you might think they are too good for you or that there is some sort of catch.
    This is why I think college halls, fraternities and particularly the workplace are environments you are more likely to find a dual in than one's interest groups. While churches I hear can be effective, I would view young women from liberal Protestant churches or the Catholic church with the same suspicion that I would those from a Marxist party chapter. I was fortunate to have a mostly positive experience when I interned at a film unit last year, so my suggestion would be to look of a workplace where people from different departments, and of different levels of seniority interact socially after work. Generic clubs, meetups and online dating are not an effective way to form intimate relationships, because they are too casual and easy to cancel out of.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-08-2019 at 11:33 PM.