Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Myst her husband is SLI and she's an amazing typer
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Yeah, he is really "The Craftsman". Craftsman need mathematics to craft, and to design and build homes and cabinetry, etc. He like math in its practical application, not when it gets more theoretical, like calculus. A Ti would be more interested in that. My son, a SLE [ SeTi], likes calculus, and physics too. And that's a difference, as my husband did not enjoy the more theoretical less practical math that is calculus.

Well, I am talking with my husband to confirm this, as I never even tried calculus, and he says calculus does have practical application but "its a little bit beyond me". He said even Algebra gets theoretical. He prefers the practical application of geometry. Also he did drafting in college and liked it, and took more than one course in it, whereas I took the one required, Drafting 101, and did not like the class as it was not easy for me to think in the required way. His drawings have that draftsman-like precision whereas mine are more organic.
    I see.

But you are LSI! So - you like math, and particularly, delving very deeply into subjects? Gulenko calls you "The type most characterized by singular concentration is LSI." Wow. I have definitely seen this as I have a lot of LSIs in my life now, because of my husband, whose small circle is full of them - his brother, son and ex, whom we are all close to, and interact with a lot. His son impresses me with his singular concentration learning languages. He has really absorbed Latin this year and is onto Sanskrit. And he works on an organic farm, and wow can he weed! He was helping us one day, and I was surprised at his concentration! So I am curious, where does this amazing LSI "singular concentrated focus" show up for you?
    Maths stuff is fine but I'm not theoretical enough to want to deal with it all day. (I'm able to do so if I have some goal with it, though, e.g. a competitive goal.) I do delve deeply into subjects that relate to actual reality enough, at least eventually.

Yeah, I have that concentration In anything I do. It's just how I work.

Btw, do you get along with them, how do you handle conflict relations?

Quintofoil idea -- since you quoted it, I'll explain. You will find this interesting as a Ti-dom math person. Apparently, our roof line I guess happens to be the same mathematical angle as the top of a pentagon. That end of the house we both agree "needs" an attic window, and he was enthused about an idea he had already conceived for this space - a pentagon. Because it fits the space perfectly! I immediately HATED the idea. I tried to entertain this idea out of respect for his idea, and make myself get used to it, but I just couldn't like it, no way, no how. It reminds me of the federal Pentagon building - not impressed - or a Dodge Ram truck or other Dodge car about to fall apart - not impressed - or a satanic symbol - totally don't want that. He suggested, okay, then a quintifoil flower. He wants something unique, reflecting his thought process, which is a SLI thing, I was not surprised to read. That little "unique unusual touch" they want to add to their craftsmen projects. And he introduces it into EVERY design plan, but I just can't get on board with them all. Particularly not this one. Even the flower. Its too much for this simple house. I tried to like it but I just had to say "no" to the pentagon. Fortunately he is okay with my alternative suggestion (which I think is the perfect window) of a horizontal oval. But we cannot afford this now and will just have to wait til our ship comes in, if it ever does, because we have other priorities.
    Lol I find that idea strange, tbh. I would have instantly said no too, unless it wasn't some random suggestion but fitting everything else. OK, I could see that as demonstrative Ti (which is what SLI has). But Ti, nonetheless

Here, this is your Dual interacting with my SLI. Its pretty funny:
    Thanks for the video =)

So you see MBTI ISTP as SLI, yeah? I remember you starting a thread on that issue a while ago at PerC. I find it funny how many people just mindlessly apply that j/p switch idea without first examining its validity for themselves and then creating a lot of confusion with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @Myst her husband is SLI and she's an amazing typer
    I'm not sure why you felt the need to comment in such a non-factual way, some subjective opinion that I can't really do anything with on its own. Not saying it must not be true, just saying I have no way to verify from your statements alone.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    ...Maths stuff is fine but I'm not theoretical enough to want to deal with it all day. (I'm able to do so if I have some goal with it, though, e.g. a competitive goal.) I do delve deeply into subjects that relate to actual reality enough, at least eventually.

Yeah, I have that concentration In anything I do. It's just how I work..
    That's nice.

..., do you get along with them, how do you handle conflict relations?.
    Well, we do not share a household or collaborate day to day. I like them all; we get along great! But I won't be pushing it! I have read on this site, re: getting along with Conflictors, that if working on the same project together its best to work on different aspects, not the same aspect together. So I will keep that in mind.

... Lol I find that idea strange, tbh. I would have instantly said no too, unless it wasn't some random suggestion but fitting everything else..
    Yeah, I wanted to please, cringed inside, and wondered if there was SOME way I could ever like it, and was glad this was not a priority in the near future, but only brainstorming, so there was need to shoot it down right away... Anyway I have gotten bolder about saying my opinion over time. And the good thing is, he generally likes my ideas.

. OK, I could see that as demonstrative Ti (which is what SLI has). But Ti, nonetheless .

.Thanks for the video =).
    Glad you like it.

.So you see MBTI ISTP as SLI, yeah? I remember you starting a thread on that issue a while ago at PerC..
    That was forever ago. I can hardly remember what I wrote there. I do remember a few being adamant that you cannot correlate MBTI/Socionics, and some (probably LIIs since they like things done in proper form) did not feel Socionics should be discussed there, so I thought it right to respect that, and since my interest in Socionics was far superseding my MBTI interest I came here (even though I was comfortable there). The type connection between the two varies by type, and there is percentages posted somewhere. But whatever the percentages, it tends to be the same, for me, almost always. I suspect this is possibly because I learned MBTI long ago from books describing the theory in detail, vs. shorter internet articles, and so I am typing MBTI differently than many. I have intended to analyze that someday, but more and more things are pulling me in other directions.

. I find it funny how many people just mindlessly apply that j/p switch idea without first examining its validity for themselves and then creating a lot of confusion with that. .
    I didn't know people were even doing that. I think its another aspect where some are taking a different typing approach than me. Then I find it too hard to follow their thinking process. (Maybe it takes too much Ti to do that, for my comfort!)
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    That was forever ago. I can hardly remember what I wrote there. I do remember a few being adamant that you cannot correlate MBTI/Socionics, and some (probably LIIs since they like things done in proper form) did not feel Socionics should be discussed there, so I thought it right to respect that, and since my interest in Socionics was far superseding my MBTI interest I came here (even though I was comfortable there). The type connection between the two varies by type, and there is percentages posted somewhere. But whatever the percentages, it tends to be the same, for me, almost always. I suspect this is possibly because I learned MBTI long ago from books describing the theory in detail, vs. shorter internet articles, and so I am typing MBTI differently than many. I have intended to analyze that someday, but more and more things are pulling me in other directions.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"