Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    For instance, I have noticed I actually value matching political orientations a lot, more than I've previously thought (unconscious ftw).
    I don't think that has to do with Fi - I relate to finding this important myself, though significantly more in the religion area than in the political area

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    We are both artistic, but he is orderly, mathematical, and I am lyrical. We both like balance of design, but I approach it completely differently, as in the composition of a painting, and just "knowing", while his is planned and logical. And certain overly-mathematical compositions I STRONGLY object to. [Sometime if anyone is interested I will explain about his quintifoil idea - our first design disagreement] ...
    Lol mathematical compositions, is he LII?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I don't think that has to do with Fi - I relate to finding this important myself, though significantly more in the religion area than in the political area

No. He is SLI. Also my SLE son likes math.. I think LII is not the only type that likes math... Also science, LII would not the only type to like it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

No. He is SLI. Also my SLE son likes math.. I think LII is not the only type that likes math... Also science, LII would not the only type to like it.
    Oh, he just seemed very strongly preferring Ti, the way you talked about his orientation.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, he just seemed very strongly preferring Ti, the way you talked about his orientation.
    No, he does not have a very strong Ti preference; not sure how you are seeing that. We both like to design but we take a different approach - and it only makes sense that an NF would have a very different approach to design than an ST.

He likes to craft things, and reconfigure living space - very particularly his OWN HOME space - whereas I enjoy also helping anyone who wants my help with furniture or picture placement, design or color ideas. He will willingly offer people input if they want it, but he likes thinking through a project, making decisions from start to finish. His design focus is emphasized on the most efficient and the most useful use of the space. And he basically appreciates the input of my rule that it has to be efficient AND beautiful. Also, I have a different approach to balance of design that seems foreign to his approach - causing me to often ask him to redo his design ideas taking my proportion/balance ideas into consideration.

An example of his excellent efficiency is, before I was here, he opened up access to the entire attic - a small attic, but now the basically useless space is very useful. As he says: it expands the useful space of the house without "changing the footprint" of the house, thereby, no higher taxes. It used to have access only by a trap door over the shower. He created a nice simple staircase next to that 2nd floor bathroom, with perfect use of the space - not a lot of it, as the proportions of this house are not spacious. This house was designed 100 years ago with real Yankee thrift. Its impressive, I told him - a staircase is not easy - and he said, "I did the maths." He also explained the stairs now wind in the same continuous one-direction spiral from the the cellar to rooftop - that fourth "staircase" being the safe sturdy railed "steps" on the roof, that are the same pitch of the other staircases. See how clever he is? He said the dormers were harder; he spent a long time looking at many, many other houses' dormers and thinking that one through before he built them (and he will say of these dormers that he has never before or since seen anything like these he designed for the space. The are not amazingly cute or anything, like I would have been going for, but efficient), and he also bumped out the roof for a bathroom w/shower - also a major project, and that bathroom's roof is a deck. It really was quite a problem to plan and design, the kind of problem I would have a hard time figuring out. I woudl never have been able to imagine how to open the attic up. And now its really nice guest quarters, because the guest can have their "own floor", with the little bedroom in the back, and the little center hallway with storage drawers along the slanted wall, and their "own bathroom", plus the unique observation deck on the roof.

So, back just after we decided this was love and that we wanted to tie the knot - a time just prior to which he was in a rather directionless, unhappy state - I asked him: "What would you most want to do with your time, if you could choose?" And his first thing was, "work more on this house" and the 2nd - to teach Latin someday. So now we have this one room we are making from the old ugly three-season porch, the once-ugliest part of the house. Its the last big change on the house, and so, the last chance to design, and we have lots of things we are trying to do in that simple smallish space. And this new joint-approach to design is making him ask: "How did I ever manage that attic project without you?" Ah, yes, collaborating is more challenging!

And as to Latin, we need this room for him to teach from the house. I can be with my Mom in the main part of the downstairs, and he can hole off in the side room with his students, which will be fairly sound-proof with the door shut. So, we hope to have it finished-off inside by fall...And meanwhile, he has been teaching Latin to his college-age son, and now his daughter's daughter wants to learn, and will start soon.

As to creating, I can easily whip up a good sketch of my idea, but he uses an (old) computer program to put my sketched idea into a scaled plan. This week when I asked he made me a scaled floor plan so that I can copy it on graph paper, as I prefer pencil and paper, so I can work on my furniture floor plan (using graph paper furniture and tape wads to move things around and find the best plan) so I can decide if the cute affordable little old rocker that would be easy to reupholster, that I saw at a consignment shop, will fit in our new room, or if that will be one piece of furniture too many... And he takes real interest in my figuring out problems like this, in my way, that that's a treasure to me, a real bonus of life with my dear SLI husband.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

No, he does not have a very strong Ti preference; not sure how you are seeing that. We both like to design but we take a different approach - and it only makes sense that an NF would have a very different approach to design than an ST.
    I was seeing it here: "We are both artistic, but he is orderly, mathematical, and I am lyrical. We both like balance of design, but I approach it completely differently, as in the composition of a painting, and just "knowing", while his is planned and logical. And certain overly-mathematical compositions I STRONGLY object to. [Sometime if anyone is interested I will explain about his quintifoil idea - our first design disagreement] ..."

And why I thought of Ti - these mathematical compositions are not really for any sort of Te practical efficiency but for the Ti elegance of logic. (Both can be efficient, otherwise, just the emphasis is different.)

Of course I don't know him, but this stood out to me strongly.

Either way, it seems like you two work out together very well, regardless of type.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was seeing it here: "We are both artistic, but he is orderly, mathematical, and I am lyrical. We both like balance of design, but I approach it completely differently, as in the composition of a painting, and just "knowing", while his is planned and logical. And certain overly-mathematical compositions I STRONGLY object to. [Sometime if anyone is interested I will explain about his quintifoil idea - our first design disagreement] ..."

And why I thought of Ti - these mathematical compositions are not really for any sort of Te practical efficiency but for the Ti elegance of logic. (Both can be efficient, otherwise, just the emphasis is different.)

Of course I don't know him, but this stood out to me strongly.

Either way, it seems like you two work out together very well, regardless of type.

Yeah, he is really "The Craftsman". Craftsman need mathematics to craft, and to design and build homes and cabinetry, etc. He like math in its practical application, not when it gets more theoretical, like calculus. A Ti would be more interested in that. My son, a SLE [ SeTi], likes calculus, and physics too. And that's a difference, as my husband did not enjoy the more theoretical less practical math that is calculus.

Well, I am talking with my husband to confirm this, as I never even tried calculus, and he says calculus does have practical application but "its a little bit beyond me". He said even Algebra gets theoretical. He prefers the practical application of geometry. Also he did drafting in college and liked it, and took more than one course in it, whereas I took the one required, Drafting 101, and did not like the class as it was not easy for me to think in the required way. His drawings have that draftsman-like precision whereas mine are more organic.

But you are LSI! So - you like math, and particularly, delving very deeply into subjects? Gulenko calls you "The type most characterized by singular concentration is LSI." Wow. I have definitely seen this as I have a lot of LSIs in my life now, because of my husband, whose small circle is full of them - his brother, son and ex, whom we are all close to, and interact with a lot. His son impresses me with his singular concentration learning languages. He has really absorbed Latin this year and is onto Sanskrit. And he works on an organic farm, and wow can he weed! He was helping us one day, and I was surprised at his concentration! So I am curious, where does this amazing LSI "singular concentrated focus" show up for you?

Quintofoil idea -- since you quoted it, I'll explain. You will find this interesting as a Ti-dom math person. Apparently, our roof line I guess happens to be the same mathematical angle as the top of a pentagon. That end of the house we both agree "needs" an attic window, and he was enthused about an idea he had already conceived for this space - a pentagon. Because it fits the space perfectly! I immediately HATED the idea. I tried to entertain this idea out of respect for his idea, and make myself get used to it, but I just couldn't like it, no way, no how. It reminds me of the federal Pentagon building - not impressed - or a Dodge Ram truck or other Dodge car about to fall apart - not impressed - or a satanic symbol - totally don't want that. He suggested, okay, then a quintifoil flower. He wants something unique, reflecting his thought process, which is a SLI thing, I was not surprised to read. That little "unique unusual touch" they want to add to their craftsmen projects. And he introduces it into EVERY design plan, but I just can't get on board with them all. Particularly not this one. Even the flower. Its too much for this simple house. I tried to like it but I just had to say "no" to the pentagon. Fortunately he is okay with my alternative suggestion (which I think is the perfect window) of a horizontal oval. But we cannot afford this now and will just have to wait til our ship comes in, if it ever does, because we have other priorities.

Here, this is your Dual interacting with my SLI. Its pretty funny:

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel objectified.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I feel objectified.
    Little known fact, LII brain is sold on the black market. It is right up there with bear testicles and tiger paws in popularity. Just not as well known. Please watch out for yourself.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Little known fact, LII brain is sold on the black market. It is right up there with bear testicles and tiger paws in popularity. Just not as well known. Please watch out for yourself.
    They can't get past my tin foil hat!