Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
I swear I'm not picking on you, Sis (you probably hate me by now ), I just wanted to point out that while I agree with romancing styles in general, especially at the beginning of the relationships, these roles can later become muddy. My dad is LSI for example, Se subtype, and he can be remarkably patronizing and "teachery" with my EIE mom and me. Teaches us the correct way to clean or do things for example or is smartassy about the ways of life. He's also very worried and protective of us (e6). I've noticed that in several other LSI's (imo all SJ's are like that to an extent) and E-types.It's not always related to Si ego.
I actually don't hate you at all, haha.

Sure, many males can fall into this patronizing role from time to time. This depends a lot on the interaction between the people... As in, being frustrated and feeling superior intellectually makes most people fall into the role of the "know-it-all" teacher, though this is mostly the case for 4D Te types.

But yes, not only ST Caretakers want to teach. I just tried to point out the overall vibes of the two different Romance styles. I feel like the Demonstrative function may skew the expression of the romance style from time to time. For instance, LSI has got 4D Si, so they may exhibit occasional bouts of "Caretaker" behavior; same for LSEs and their 4D Se sometimes resulting in a playful aggressiveness.

There can be several layers to Romance style expression. Categorizing them into Victim/Aggressor and Childlike/Caretaker is a way to capture the main theme of each style.