Thread: I don't get dual relationships (duality)

Threaded View

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I have realized that there are certain aspects which make me feel less emotionally attracted/compatible to my Dual.

Aspects which are not related to Duality, but anything outside of that.

For instance, I have noticed I actually value matching political orientations a lot, more than I've previously thought (unconscious ftw).
    If someone is too politically Conservative, I am disinclined to enter anything romantic with them. The mindset turns me off, relationship-wise. I could be sort of friends with the person, but not anything too close.
    I find Conservative people are often too closed-minded (in certain areas) for my taste.

By that standard, I would probably choose a Liberal Semi-Dual (or Activity partner) over a Conservative Dual.

Just like Gulenko said, good Semi-Duality is better than bad Duality.

"Good" being the person with whom you are more compatible with in terms of lifestyle, values, and interests.

I know of Fi valuing types who are naturally primarily concerned with values, hence they often choose partners who share those values, before any compatible inter type relation.
    They are more willing to be in a less ideal/matching intertype relation in favour of matching values.

Personally, I used to believe intertype relation ranked over everything; but this is not exactly the case anymore.

Now I am "just" looking for someone with whom I'll have a good intertype relation with... and shared goals/values/interests. Haha.
    I am still leaning towards intertype relation > values, because certain types tend to have certain moral values due to their functional values... (And I don't care that much about moral values...)

But learning about Conservative SLEs has really opened my eyes, and made me realize that I would/could not want to be with a Conservative SLE.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-01-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"